Rules?

:hehe: :hehe: I think we all get along pretty well, I am however somewhat taken back by the reference to the size of my, or possibly another competitor's asshole. :snoop: Mine has never been inspected or measured. Would they use the plug method, or internal calipers of some sort? :shake: Mine seems to be big enough to get the job done. :hehe:

So I see a 2014 rule book has been published. Once again, looks like all PPL/NADM/COTPC trucks will be alienated from running with FPP. And a radiator, belts and a water pump are still required with a solid block? Did I miss something?

So I see a 2014 rule book has been published. Once again, looks like all PPL/NADM/COTPC trucks will be alienated from running with FPP. And a radiator, belts and a water pump are still required with a solid block? Did I miss something?

I'm assuming you are talking about 2.6?

At the rule meeting in 2012, all members and FPP agreed to NOT allow bars/reinforcements from hitch to axle for the '13 season. Never made it into rule book, but... Summer rolls around and new members, etc show up with such reinforcements and FPP allows it. So you had the veteran pullers and members upset and scrambling to get theirs made up. Then we had the obvious teching problems and a lot of things slide by(rear brakes, pwr steering, filled blocks, etc)

Now, for the upcoming '14 season, 95% of members want to adopt at least parts of PPL-style rules(hitch, weight mainly). The one year 2.6 class members want major changes, FPP stiffs them and says no meeting. So, some stink was raised over internet, phone calls, etc. And the revisions come out that contradict each other, have poor wording, and now DO NOT allow the hitch-to-axle reinforcments. So going backwards. To prove how much they understand it, they say protrusion is now legal with FPP. No kidding....

So if a guy wants to run some national events(TS, Scheid) or with COTPC, he's at a worse disadvantage now than he would of been last year. Its been said in this thread a bunch, what would be the problem with aligning with the rest of the nation's 2.6 class?

Here is perfect example between a top PPL truck and a top FPP truck. No disrespect to Bennett's, we struggled to compete with them this year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuFcJ59tkc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuFcJ59tkc[/ame]

Am I the one year member?

I didn't say one year member, did I? Wasn't directed at you in the least. Nothing in that novel was pointed at anyone in particular as being out of line, just a generalization I guess. Just a complete description of the last two years with FPP of the ridiculousness that we call truck pulling.

nope didnt miss anything, the left hand dosent know what the right had is doing. only reason i got from RJ as to why he woulnt let ppl rules go was that the trucks will look to much like the PS trucks.....:lolly: True story!!!!!!!!

I'm not meaning any harm. Just like to know if anyone has a problem with me. I agree some changes would benefit Hitch. Box. Just say solid rear suspension. No rear shocks. No rear brakes. Mount radiator any place. Mount batteries any place but in cab. Full hydraulic steering. No belts on the motor if u don't want them.

No I don't think there should be:
Open rear ends. Drop boxes. Reversers . cut tires . Fiberglass bodies

Ultimately one must decide who they want to run with and make their truck to those rules. There will never be a universal set of rules. Same issues back in the gas truck days. Different rules at different places. Being fighting this crap for over 15 years. Same issues It will never change.

One thing we do have to remember is FPP is a private business not a club. I don't know about anyone else but I'm don't want anyone telling me how to run my business. I take suggestions but I still will run it the way I want to.

Couple good points there, Mike. We will still be running with FPP this coming year, and its a great bunch of teams and individuals pulling. But if we cut back as planned and go to some big events, its not possible to meet both sets of rules(or at least be competitive elsewhere running FPP setup). The 2.6 class is bigger than the end of our nose. Forest for the trees type of deal

Agree with u. So basically if ur turbo meets say PPL's rules. U can run it with FPP right? Now one of the main things that would b easy to swap out is ur hitch. Reese vs pulling hitch. That is doable. On my street gas truck I had both Reese and pulling hitch. Only take about 1/2 hour to swap out.
This would bring u a little closer.

PPL legal chargers will and have always met FPP/Nadm rules. Protrusion was brought on to reduce power but NADM never drank that cool-aid.

PPL legal chargers will and have always met FPP/Nadm rules. Protrusion was brought on to reduce power but NADM never drank that cool-aid.

Protrusion with retarded "MWE" slots is one of the biggest scams ever foisted upon the pullers.....and why I believe the organizations who supported it / continue to support it are just going to keep doing the same thing on other aspects of the rules. Every year will bring some new BS.

Big word up for Gene.

Protrusion with retarded "MWE" slots is one of the biggest scams ever foisted upon the pullers.....and why I believe the organizations who supported it / continue to support it are just going to keep doing the same thing on other aspects of the rules. Every year will bring some new BS.

Big word up for Gene.

I would guess one of the reason Gene leaves the rules in there is so they can have anyone with some form of a 2.6 charger to be able to pull. Who was the NADM points winner for 2.6 this year?

People complain about how much HP the 2.6 is now, I imagine a max effort charger built to NADM's rules would make even more HP. PPL may have some issues, but they have the top trucks and the top events.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I realized I was spending too much time and money on truck pulling and took an early retirement. LOL

Last edited:
Being popular and giving people everything they want, is not leadership. It's one more step every year toward 2.6 open modified.

Who was the 2.6 PPL points winner this year?

Last edited:
Back