Salt Lake City Drag Race Aug 7

Already did:poke: Welcome to the site, and I look forward to meeting you at a pull or race.
So all there is left is dual CP3's and a little motor work:rockwoot:

Already did:poke: Welcome to the site, and I look forward to meeting you at a pull or race.
So all there is left is dual CP3's and a little motor work:rockwoot:

yep if it holds through this summer winter will bring alot of goodies and hopefully get thrown of a track or two :Cheer:

I am wondering if we need to have some sort of meeting/get together to talk about this, and maybe get a better idea on the interest there is. We all know there is a huge interest for sled pulling and drag racing out here, but how many are serious about it. Does anyone have an idea of what we could do?

I am wondering if we need to have some sort of meeting/get together to talk about this, and maybe get a better idea on the interest there is. We all know there is a huge interest for sled pulling and drag racing out here, but how many are serious about it. Does anyone have an idea of what we could do?
If I where you guys I would problably start another thread and show these guys that you have a commited group to make this happen.Help try and find a reasonable sled,have guys show the commitment.Listen NADM wants to pull they just have to make sure somebody doesnt lose there ass in the process.Make it happen guys.

I just spoke with united pullers and there scedual is not set in stone this early but it looks like the sled will be availible 8/8/09.

Drags on Friday and sled on Saturday sounds good - is there somewhere close to the track or where United has pulls?

What about on Sept 5?

Drags on Friday and sled on Saturday sounds good - is there somewhere close to the track or where United has pulls?

What about on Sept 5?

that is awesome news , we will all do are part on getting lots of trucks out to compete . for the DPC challeng they did it at the track , looked like over by the motorcross area . maybe some else will chime in .

If I where you guys I would problably start another thread and show these guys that you have a commited group to make this happen.Help try and find a reasonable sled,have guys show the commitment.Listen NADM wants to pull they just have to make sure somebody doesnt lose there ass in the process.Make it happen guys.

Last year they did the pulls inside the oval track, that way there i seating for spectators. That other organization that is no longer in business also had their pulls for the national event in the middle of the oval track. I think it worked out well, and I think that is where they do the monster trucks also. I posted another thread for the purpose of getting people out, to see what kind of commitment we can get.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=643660#post643660

Last year they did the pulls inside the oval track, that way there i seating for spectators. That other organization that is no longer in business also had their pulls for the national event in the middle of the oval track. I think it worked out well, and I think that is where they do the monster trucks also. I posted another thread for the purpose of getting people out, to see what kind of commitment we can get.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=643660#post643660

Guys because of last year's low truck count at the RMR they are not too excited about adding sled pulling - otherwise translated into - Ron if NADM wants to spend the money - $10-15,000 we are not interested! NADM also is not interested in spending that amount for a small amount of trucks . . . so . . . I'm talking to a couple of promoters in the area to possibly join with them to help build the sport in that area.

Biggest complaint I have heard is about the rules! Nobody wants to conform to the nationwide rules for pulling or let's say they are not used to them. Understandable, however, now would be a good time to download our rules and evaluate your truck. www.runNADM.com under sled pulling - big red box to the left!

These are rules that are used mostly back in the Midwest but are now being used by others in TX, CA, WA, MN, GA, AL, etc. They are nationwide rules that should work for everyone they are the same everywhere! We don't change them for people at their request. It is a fair system for everyone.

I will keep everyone updated as the dates get closer on holding sled pulls - we are interested - VERY MUCH!

But we need to see the number count before committing!
Let us know about the ruleset?

Might be a good time to see if they work for your area before we come there for competition?

Guys because of last year's low truck count at the RMR they are not too excited about adding sled pulling -

Points to consider:

A) It was "the other organization that went out of business" and their reputation doing the event.
B) August Blackout was the same weekend and they had better cash-on-the-spot payouts.
C) There was two other local pulls the same day.
D) There was little to no advertising done on this event until almost the last minute.
E) A few weeks later at a local state fair pull ($35 & a hat 1st place payout) there were 105 trucks and tractors, 60 of those were diesel trucks.
F) Make it happen and get the word out asap and the trucks will be there. Be wishy washy until the last minute like the other organization was and the pullers will be wishy washy too.
G) Advertising a payout and welcome local stock and modified trucks will help a lot.

The rules are an issue here. To get a large # of trucks you're going to have to help new pullers feel welcome and that there is a place for them. Diesel pulling is just starting to get big around here. Some of us have been pulling for quite a few years but a lot of the new pullers are scared to come to the event and be turned away for the lack of a bunch of expensive parts or that they might have to disassemble a half their truck to fit in a class. I'm just saying don't make the trucks running a Silver Bullet run the 2.8 class because their inducer measures 2.65. Be a little lenient. These are a majority of the concerns I have heard from want to be pullers. It does help that they can read the rules online and be prepared instead having to buy a rulebook the day of the pull. OK I'm off the box now....

Last edited:
Smokin, all very good points.

A couple questions- how many Diesel trucks did August Blackout and the other 2 events have pulling last year, on the same date? Anyone on this site go to any of the events?

Do any of you know of other pulls within, say 500-1000 miles away on those two dates?

Rules, keep in mind our turbo rule is 2.6 even, the PLUG is 2.65, meaning, if the plug goes in, you are wayyy illegal. Out of hundreds of 2.6 turbos checked, we only ran into one that was touch and go last year on the 2.65 plug. Not having seen the turbo in question, or the plug, I can't comment on what happened.

However, we will do everything we can to help you guys understand why we have the rules we do in place.

Now, if "a bunch of expensive parts" means safety equipment, I would suggest, if you are serious, to download the rules and study the classes carefully. Safety equipment goes up as HP and rpm goes up.

We take safety very seriously, regardless of whether the truck drives on the street, and only pulls a couple times a year. 700HP is 700Hp, on the street or on the track.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm.

Im tellin!! :banned: Thats not how you spell it on here. Its a$$! This is a family friendly site!! No argueing or cursing you sailor!

So what do you guys need from the locals? I'm sure the people that are serious from Utah and Idaho that want this event here will do some things. Let us know how we can help and we will.

So what do you guys need from the locals? I'm sure the people that are serious from Utah and Idaho that want this event here will do some things. Let us know how we can help and we will.

X2... Let us know, and we will do our best to deliver. I seemed to have come up with quite a bit of free time recently due to a lay off at my job, so I have plenty of time to do some leg work.

X2... Let us know, and we will do our best to deliver. I seemed to have come up with quite a bit of free time recently due to a lay off at my job, so I have plenty of time to do some leg work.
Start by trying to answer sleddies ?'s.I am all for you guys.Get him his answers and work off of that---good luck guys,make it happen.
How about a pre-registration?????

Smokin, all very good points.

A couple questions- how many Diesel trucks did August Blackout and the other 2 events have pulling last year, on the same date? Anyone on this site go to any of the events?

Do any of you know of other pulls within, say 500-1000 miles away on those two dates?

Rules, keep in mind our turbo rule is 2.6 even, the PLUG is 2.65, meaning, if the plug goes in, you are wayyy illegal. Out of hundreds of 2.6 turbos checked, we only ran into one that was touch and go last year on the 2.65 plug. Not having seen the turbo in question, or the plug, I can't comment on what happened.

However, we will do everything we can to help you guys understand why we have the rules we do in place.

Now, if "a bunch of expensive parts" means safety equipment, I would suggest, if you are serious, to download the rules and study the classes carefully. Safety equipment goes up as HP and rpm goes up.

We take safety very seriously, regardless of whether the truck drives on the street, and only pulls a couple times a year. 700HP is 700Hp, on the street or on the track.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm.

OK, so as for question number 1. I have no idea how many each individual event had as far as trucks, as I was at the DHRA event. If I do some digging I might be able to find the numbers for the United pull, but as for Rocky mountain, or black out I have no idea.

Question 2. neither of the outfits here have their schedules posted yet, from what I've heard United does not on the august date.

So, for now, thats what I have, I will try to get more info soon.

Back