SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

I've had Dave Dunbar run my truck to 4K on several occasions. The software will fuel to 4K but, peak power is made between 2.75 and 3K rpm's.

My truck made 724hp between those rpm's and went down to 500hp by 4K

I've had Dave Dunbar run my truck to 4K on several occasions. The software will fuel to 4K but, peak power is made between 2.75 and 3K rpm's.

My truck made 724hp between those rpm's and went down to 500hp by 4K

Welcome to the club. :Cheer:

as far as the original question... somethings wrong if your truck is defueling. I have a 07 and with the speed and rpm limiters of the Smarty off..... there's no defueling at all

Welcome to the club. :Cheer:

Which one is that ? :) My truck has been over 700hp for a good while now. I've actually made more hp on the dyno but, this last run was without the MP-8.

Personally.... I'm not too concerned about the 4K. It doesn't do a thing ( for my truck anyway ) at the track. If I was a puller though.... yeah, I'd be wanting it.

defueling is a whole other beast compared to where your truck will make it's peak power at.

When you get up to big boy HP, that little "peak HP" deal at 2750 is VERY noticable.

It IS a defuel. It's like hitting a brick wall.

You may not notice it, or believe it... But I have had an ECM in my truck from Bob Wagner that DID NOT have this defuel. You should feel the difference!

example.... without the speed limiter... your truck will drop off like you just ran out of fuel between 96 and 108mph I believe. Without the rpm limiter.... power stops after 3K period. The dyno graph doesn't drop off at 2.75 to 3K... it's starts it's way back down there but, not from defueling.

Without the speed or rpm limiter my truck ( a over 700hp motor ) only made 531hp

and your 50hp more than I have really isn't " big boy hp " LOL

example.... without the speed limiter... your truck will drop off like you just ran out of fuel between 96 and 108mph I believe. Without the rpm limiter.... power stops after 3K period. The dyno graph doesn't drop off at 2.75 to 3K... it's starts it's way back down there but, not from defueling.

Without the speed or rpm limiter my truck ( a over 700hp motor ) only made 531hp

Correct, but here is the deal. It's not a 100% cut in fuel like the overspeed defuel. It's more like a 50% defuel.

I can even see the boost lay down.

ok so someone answer this please.
Is there a 4000rpm tune?
I have the tnt-r would that have the 4000 tune???

Yes, there is a 4000 RPM tune.

If you have the TNT/r flash (it will be VIN locked to your truck) then you have a setting to turn this on.

rc inc are you jon hare?????? I don't have a file with that name. Is your name displayed on the smarty ?

My name is John Hare No my name is not on the smarty When I bought it from you. I asked to have tnt-r on it. I am not sure if it is on or not. How can you tell me?

on my 04.5, the TNT/R defuels at 3600 for me.. With the old PS62 I'm sure the little turbo was why I'm outa power over 3200 for the most part.

However, if you push it, at 130mph 3600rpm (285/70/17 tires) the EGT drop to 1000 degrees and boost lowers. That's an obvious sign of defueling. With the normal TNT, the truck woudl lay down about 3400rpm to meat the 3700rpm limit.

Bob I don't want to put you down and don't like the fact that alot do cuz you have a good thing here. I keep hoping smarty comes out with even bigger and better, if that is even possible to do. I just want some answers. Maybe you should start a Q & A page on your site. I mean I understand if your the only one that is there to answer stuff it can take a while, but when one pays $685 for a Smarty they should be able to get answers.

Just trying to help out.

Back