SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

But guys every chip defueals at 3200 rpm! That your peak hp right there then it starts falling off pretty hard.

But guys every chip defueals at 3200 rpm! That your peak hp right there then it starts falling off pretty hard.

so then whats the point of 4k in a CR? all this hype selling smartys that do "4k" for what? do 12valves that run 5k rpm fall off hard at 3200rpm?

yes indeed they do fall off but not nearly as much as a Common rail or VP truck. The whole point of 4,000 rpms is mainly for pullers. The more Rpm you can leave the line at the better. The more Rpms you might be able to carry down the track. Say if my RPM limit was 3500 I would prolly carry 3300 down the track. now that i can leave at about 4100 I can carry around 3800 down the track. 4k rpm has no use on the street or dyno or really drag racing as you want to stay in you peak power for that. Also in sled pulling you want to stay away from your peak torque as that is a parts breaker.

I don't have any scientific data to back this up, only dyno runs, so here it goes.

Maybe the smarty defuels, maybe it doesn't- but the power drop after 3200 or so is definitely not all smarty related. Changing out the stock exhaust manifold for Bodie's header netted some significant gains from 3200-4000 rpms. Power still fell off with the header, but not nearly as sharply. It was more of a taper off than a drop off.

in summary, I'm thinking this may be more than just a programming issue.

the cr trucks running more then 108. they never make use of more then 3200 rpm ? does every single street truck running low 11s have a gear vendors over drive? find that unlikley

the cr trucks running more then 108. they never make use of more then 3200 rpm ? does every single street truck running low 11s have a gear vendors over drive? find that unlikley

I said no. By the time I hit the 1000ft mark I'll just be coming out of 3rd gear ready for OD. Of course 37" tires and 3:73 has something to do with that. One of the reason I put the gate shifter in my truck is to help hold each gear. If I try to hold 2nd past 3000 to 3200rpm's, I'm out of the power band and loosing the race. My top speed has been 112mph

I said no. By the time I hit the 1000ft mark I'll just be coming out of 3rd gear ready for OD. Of course 37" tires and 3:73 has something to do with that. One of the reason I put the gate shifter in my truck is to help hold each gear. If I try to hold 2nd past 3000 to 3200rpm's, I'm out of the power band and loosing the race. My top speed has been 112mph

You are one of the few crazies that drag race on 37's and are actuality fast. your an exception with gearing due to tires. there are pleny for folks with stock or smaller then stock tires that manage to run faster then 108. due they have gearing changes?

I don't have any scientific data to back this up, only dyno runs, so here it goes.

Maybe the smarty defuels, maybe it doesn't- but the power drop after 3200 or so is definitely not all smarty related. Changing out the stock exhaust manifold for Bodie's header netted some significant gains from 3200-4000 rpms. Power still fell off with the header, but not nearly as sharply. It was more of a taper off than a drop off.

in summary, I'm thinking this may be more than just a programming issue.

JP, the problem that the OP and I have is that at 3500rpm's my truck stops!!! No more RPM's unless I hold it in gear, I am not disputing the power loss after 3300, but thta my truck WONT go over 3500 in auto.

BTW, I might get a header too!!!:bang

You are one of the few crazies that drag race on 37's and are actuality fast. your an exception with gearing due to tires. there are pleny for folks with stock or smaller then stock tires that manage to run faster then 108. due they have gearing changes?

Does anybody know what the Deavers are running for a programmer (PPE, I think)? B/c arent they at 130+mph in the 1/4, I dont think thats defueling. :st:

So the PMT gives you the option of going to 4000 RPM?

Anyone know when the Crazy/Scary Larry Programs will come with the PMT?

Man that's odd to me...I'm in 4th with the TC locked right at the 660 mark....also trapping around 112.

JP, the problem that the OP and I have is that at 3500rpm's my truck stops!!! No more RPM's unless I hold it in gear, I am not disputing the power loss after 3300, but thta my truck WONT go over 3500 in auto.

BTW, I might get a header too!!!:bang

Les, you have TNT or TNTR?

Man that's odd to me...I'm in 4th with the TC locked right at the 660 mark....also trapping around 112.

my tire size gives me more gear on the big end. I also leave OD off... by the time I'm crossing the line... it's begging for 4th

:blahblah1:

Wheres all the guys running bully dogs at?? Defiantly aren't in the CR's that pull?? Bully dog for sled pulling:hehe:! Haven't even heard of any high hp tunes that bully dog is even working on? Haven't seen bud around the forums for awhile? everybody complains about getting the TNT/R How hard was it for anyone to get the scarry larry program when it came out?

Back