SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

thanks for the info triton,i guess ill be looking for the tnt-r anyday.

thanks for the info triton,i guess ill be looking for the tnt-r anyday.

If you're a sled puller.... it would be something to look forward too. As drag racer though, there's no benefit to 4K. Look at your times already without it. More rpm's isn't gonna make you faster.

If I remember right all the highest HP trucks are 03's or early 04's.
Ill look for the posts.
The ECM on 04.5 through 07 is limiting the big hp numbers .
doug

If I remember right all the highest HP trucks are 03's or early 04's.
Ill look for the posts.
The ECM on 04.5 through 07 is limiting the big hp numbers .
doug

that's only because those that have built that much hp did it with the trucks they had which were older trucks.

If the mods are in place, I'm sure the newer trucks can do it too. I'd put money on the fact that if I had twins, I'd be pushing 900 to 950+. Add in some nitrous like those who made huge hp and I'd be well over 1K

This is a post from Nathan

We seemed to of found a wall in programming. We tried the Smarty, Smarty and TST, and just the TST. We also tried all of the above with and without a MP-8 and Predator. The Smarty on Level 3 and 5.1's made 701hp uncorrected. With 6.5's it made 738hp and with the MP-8 it made 858hp. We were able to get to 878hp uncorrected (930hp corrected) but no matter what we tried it wouldn't go past that. Rail pressure held 25k plus and egt's only got above 1200* with the TST. The fueling falls off right around 3300rpms even though it will turn 4000. The exhaust goes totally clean when it hits 3300. It's gaining 50hp every 100rpms prior to defuel. So now we need Marco's help to get it to fully fuel to 4000. I think this is why no one is making over about 900hp on fuel with a 04.5 and up truck.

Keep in mind were talking fuel only.
doug

We seemed to of found a wall in programming. We tried the Smarty, Smarty and TST, and just the TST. We also tried all of the above with and without a MP-8 and Predator. The Smarty on Level 3 and 5.1's made 701hp uncorrected. With 6.5's it made 738hp and with the MP-8 it made 858hp. We were able to get to 878hp uncorrected (930hp corrected) but no matter what we tried it wouldn't go past that. Rail pressure held 25k plus and egt's only got above 1200* with the TST. The fueling falls off right around 3300rpms even though it will turn 4000. The exhaust goes totally clean when it hits 3300. It's gaining 50hp every 100rpms prior to defuel. So now we need Marco's help to get it to fully fuel to 4000. I think this is why no one is making over about 900hp on fuel with a 04.5 and up truck.

doug

There may be some merit to that but, I still think mods have everything to do with how much power can be made. Asking 1K and more out of a motor rated at 325hp is asking a heck of a lot.

There's likely only so much that can be done through programming and the rest depends on how the motor is built. Had they had another truck with different mods... the results just may have been different ???

I forget who but, didn't someone do over 1K on fuel already ?

I'm not sure, but I don't have the funds to go there. Over 800 HP the stock rods start crying.
I feel I'm building HP till about 3100 /3300 . And would like to raise that to 3600 . .
But I'm so broke I can't even pay attention. So I stopped asking for more!

LOL... I fell your pain man. Me too. Twins are all I need and they're dang expensive !

Wheres all the guys running bully dogs at?? Defiantly aren't in the CR's that pull?? Bully dog for sled pulling:hehe:! Haven't even heard of any high hp tunes that bully dog is even working on? Haven't seen bud around the forums for awhile? everybody complains about getting the TNT/R How hard was it for anyone to get the scarry larry program when it came out?

I dont run a smarty or BD...we'll see how I fair at TS if my tranny is still in one piece by then.

doug

This is my truck. Full built engine with damm good internals. twin pumps, big twins,
I have the graphs at work, bottom line stop making smoke at 3300..fuel was gone.

So are you guys saying the ECM is limiting things on the 600 series trucks, but the older 305/555 motors are fueling harder in the higher rpms, with less limits from the ECM, or am I totally off.

There are 20 some files on the triple nickle motors and over 60 on the 600's. That is part of the issue

if there's any differences I think it would be from the differences in the ECM's.

The 06.5 and up ECM's are CAN Bus meaning data is distributed via data signals where the older ECM's relay data through electrical signals ( voltage )

It's probably a lot easier for those who write the programming to manipulate electrical data and haven't been able to fully manipulate the CAN bus

I'm no expert but, as it's been mentioned.... our trucks have a rpm range where the power band is at it's max. Anymore than that you're just spinning wheels.

4K will be nice for the sled puller because they can get the wheel speed up but, as long as those who drag are able to by pass the rev and speed limiters... they'll do fine below 4K

how do you bypass the rev limiter triton.cause i dont have a rev limiter setting in the tnt, just the speed limiter,i have that set at 150.

that's the difference in the TNT and TNT/R. you need the R tune

So the PMT gives you the option of going to 4000 RPM?

Anyone know when the Crazy/Scary Larry Programs will come with the PMT?

Denny,
Unless things have changed, they didn't make the scary larry for the 03-04 motor.

Scott

Back