SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

last I heard from Bud.... the BDDL was being phased out and to be able to get any kind of performance tune, you'd have to buy the PMT and pay for custom tunes for it. The word was $50 to $75 per !! on top of the 1K for the PMT.

Wheres all the guys running bully dogs at?? Defiantly aren't in the CR's that pull?? Bully dog for sled pulling:hehe:! Haven't even heard of any high hp tunes that bully dog is even working on? Haven't seen bud around the forums for awhile? everybody complains about getting the TNT/R How hard was it for anyone to get the scarry larry program when it came out?

I sled pull with the bullydog turn 3700 in 3rd gear with convertor locked. I usually finish in the top half of the unlimited single class. and I drive mine home.

Wheres all the guys running bully dogs at?? Defiantly aren't in the CR's that pull?? Bully dog for sled pulling:hehe:! Haven't even heard of any high hp tunes that bully dog is even working on? Haven't seen bud around the forums for awhile? everybody complains about getting the TNT/R How hard was it for anyone to get the scarry larry program when it came out?

Bud Kunz not longer works for Bullydog.

Well thats no good at all! he was the only guy you could ever get ahold of that really knew what he was talking about.

I sled pull with the bullydog turn 3700 in 3rd gear with convertor locked. I usually finish in the top half of the unlimited single class. and I drive mine home.

Yeah you have a good running truck but I still think you would do better with a Smarty..... but then again maybe not? I've run both and theres no way i would go back to a bully dog for sled pulling. My buddy bought a ppe that I might try out here next month at our test and tune hook.

here you go mulisha ..... not quite the same are they ??? I'll be expecting that $100 in the mail. Dave said the computer cut off the higher rpm scale because they usually don't dyno that high. As you can see..... NO drop from defuel.... just a slight decline for hp.

My truck will do more but, I had my MP-8 disconnected.

It's working it's way to 3750rpm's and still over 500hp

dyno.jpg

That doesn't look like defuel to me at all. Looks like power falling off at higher RPM's naturally.

Are you guys expecting to hit your peak HP and carry it all the way out to 4K rpm ?

Sorry...that's not gonna happen....

that looks like its defueling also,kinda looks like my sheet.

how do you figure. yours clearly shows a complete drop of power but, you can't see where you're at with rpm's

mine is a smooth decline and probably would have been around 350 to 400hp by 4K.... not a sudden drop off.

That doesn't look like defuel to me at all. Looks like power falling off at higher RPM's naturally.

Are you guys expecting to hit your peak HP and carry it all the way out to 4K rpm ?

Sorry...that's not gonna happen....

Thank you !

i dont know triton,you obviously know more about it then me.ill take a 11.90 and defueling still anytime, and marco will hook us up in may , thats when hes sceduled to come to the states.thanks for your help

i dont know triton,you obviously know more about it then me.ill take a 11.90 and defueling still anytime, and marco will hook us up in may , thats when hes sceduled to come to the states.thanks for your help

dude, you came out of the blue with your PM's. I didn't know what it was all about. I have the TNT/R like anyone else does. Can't give out all my tricks but, the Smarty is the same as yours and it's the only thing I have that will deal with defueling.

trick's, what are you talking about,evrybody knows there's a defueling issue with the07's, even bob and marco, there going to take care of it in may. im only running the TNT.

yes there is unless you have the " R " tune. I don't know that it's a complete elimination of defueling but, it's the reason your dyno looks like it does. Your truck is defueling because you don't have the rev limit adjust.

Are you expecting the TNT to not defuel ?

here you go mulisha ..... not quite the same are they ??? I'll be expecting that $100 in the mail. Dave said the computer cut off the higher rpm scale because they usually don't dyno that high. As you can see..... NO drop from defuel.... just a slight decline for hp.

My truck will do more but, I had my MP-8 disconnected.

It's working it's way to 3750rpm's and still over 500hp

dyno.jpg

The 2007 seem to peak lower than the other year cr's,you graph looks good and makes great power but looks like your power peaks about 2600 rpm should be 3000-3200 range.Was looking over some dyno sheets,for example a truck we just dynoed last month on Dunbars was making about 650 at 2600 rpm and 760 at 3000 rpm this was a 2003 cr.All 2007 I dynoed seem to have this issue.

The 2007 seem to peak lower than the other year cr's,you graph looks good and makes great power but looks like your power peaks about 2600 rpm should be 3000-3200 range.Was looking over some dyno sheets,for example a truck we just dynoed last month on Dunbars was making about 650 at 2600 rpm and 760 at 3000 rpm this was a 2003 cr.All 2007 I dynoed seem to have this issue.

I would imagine it all has to do with the mods the truck has. My compression isn't stock which may have to do with making the peak at the lower rpm.... don't know that much about that.

I wouldn't think the power band on any truck would be at red line

Here's an old dyno run of mine. This was with a silver bullet, tntr, flux 2's. It's not a good indicator of defueling, because at about 3700 or so, I let off. On other runs where I started with a little higher boost, the curve shifts left big time. :)

dyno001.jpg

Last edited:
one thing I forgot to mention, every time I've dynoed the truck to 4K the wheel speed was 165mph.

There may still be defuel going on but, I've never seen it on the R tune. I've sure experienced it before the R tune though when I didn't have a rev or speed limiter.

I do wish the peak power held on longer than it does but, it does fuel all the way to 4K without to huge drop in the curve.

Back