So school me on suspensions options.

Ok, made a noticeable difference on my 2000, at least until the first winter and they started blowing out! Rides like crap with blown shocks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What springs did he change to?

I just threw up. Maybe I can get a Lincoln pickup. Those are the only tailgates uglier than the Platinum ones. LOL
They were the carli spec'd leaves. I'm thinking deaver makes em for them. I will say, the truck squats with a lawn mover trailer hooked up, bags are a necessity.

Don't even bother with the add a leafs, they're a waste for as little as you gain. Thuren recomends to cut your overloads down to 14" total length to help a little for the ride and you don't lose any capacity. And it's basically free to try. With as much as your hooked to a trailer I'd roll with the kelderman kit. I think Trent is a dealer for them to....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3 pages later I'm with Snedge, Firestone kit and ride around with 30-40lbs in them when empty. In my experience it's enough to take the lion's share of the load off the leaves and improves ride.

How cool would it be to stretch the frame over the axle and instead of moving the front spring shackles back....install the Kelderman on the front.......I wonder if one there is room and two would it work. It'd sure save a lot of time making taller hangers. Maybe the cross bar would need modded to saddle the tank...but that wouldn't be bad.

3 pages later I'm with Snedge, Firestone kit and ride around with 30-40lbs in them when empty. In my experience it's enough to take the lion's share of the load off the leaves and improves ride.

Not on my truck... you put 2lbs in mine when empty and it's even worse. Now, you load the truck and throw 30lbs in it and it's like riding in a car.

I am with Loren on this, put air in mine and take the load off the leaves and it is better than barely anything in the bags.

I am with Loren on this, put air in mine and take the load off the leaves and it is better than barely anything in the bags.

So you guys don't think it would be better to spend thousands of dollars, and ten or so hours out of your life to fix a ride issue? LOL

If it were me I'd trade the short little truck for something longer, take the beating on the trade, and continue to pay payments. NO skinned knuckles, and no huge hit to the checking account.
Or I'd lower the tire pressures in the rear tires and run it.

Throw some tractor weights in the bed and stop being a sis...

If it were me I'd trade the short little truck for something longer, take the beating on the trade, and continue to pay payments. NO skinned knuckles, and no huge hit to the checking account.
Or I'd lower the tire pressures in the rear tires and run it.

I'm fairly certain a few thou on parts and a few skinned knuckles is a hell ova lot cheaper than trading and taking a "beating" on it, .... Sir..... :D

Throw some tractor weights in the bed and stop being a sis...

It rides like a Caddy with 1500# of feed on board. LOL I'm trying to work this into the long bed scheme you see.....two birds....one beating.

Air bags are cheap enough (around $500). Just buy a set and give it a try. Don't like it, remove a leaf or two and run with the bags empty. If you remove leaves, your upper bag mount will need to be moved upward on the frame rail.

I would look at the Air Lift bags. They have a nice built in jounce bumper within the bag. Onboard compressor makes things nice.

Just be careful if you remove too many springs you will get axle wrap much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain a few thou on parts and a few skinned knuckles is a hell ova lot cheaper than trading and taking a "beating" on it, .... Sir..... :D

It is cheaper, no denying that. I'm just lazy...sir...:doh:

Sulastic shackle and take out the overload leaf and replace with mini pack. Then add bags to tow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It rides like a Caddy with 1500# of feed on board. LOL I'm trying to work this into the long bed scheme you see.....two birds....one beating.

If you are going to long bed it, just go full front and rear 4 link air ride...what's another $8K

Chris

When you long bed it, replace the bed floor with something around 1/2" plate!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

All the Carli stuff combined is $4200 and that's without the entire sway control replacement. Freakin' ridiculous.

I have maybe twice that in mine? Between both thuren and carli. By far the best, most noticeable change in ride was carli's long travel leafs and slightly aired down 35's on 17's. That was with a 3" kit, not sure you wan to go that height/route though.

as like someone else said don't waste time with the add a leafs. Had them and not worth it. Full leafs all the way.

Back