So school me on suspensions options.

Not on my truck... you put 2lbs in mine when empty and it's even worse. Now, you load the truck and throw 30lbs in it and it's like riding in a car.

You're missing 38psi when empty sir. I ran them at 100psi whenever pulling something that squatted the rear.

If you are going to long bed it, just go full front and rear 4 link air ride...what's another $8K

Chris

Speaking as someone that has a Long bed, firestones do the job just fine! With these 22.5s the rolling mass of the axel alone is over 7-800lbs. They handle the average terrain just fine with the firestones and factory rear shocks and that's with them staying aired to 55psi.

I have maybe twice that in mine? Between both thuren and carli. By far the best, most noticeable change in ride was carli's long travel leafs and slightly aired down 35's on 17's. That was with a 3" kit, not sure you wan to go that height/route though.

as like someone else said don't waste time with the add a leafs. Had them and not worth it. Full leafs all the way.
Couldn't agree more. The full leaf replacement makes a ridiculous difference.

So, here's where I am. I'm currently awaiting on a response from Kelderman. Here's my idea.....since the cheapest I can find a frame stretch is $3000 plus some driveline junk, if person was to get this bought with extended links that would push the rear axle back 20".....the frame splice would be at the very back end and away from the weight and pressure.....way in the back where I'd be more comfortable welding. :D

If they can provide longer links, it could be a means to long bed and upgrade suspension at the same time and most of the stretch would be drilling hole and mounting parts instead of cutting, jigging, measuring, and welding frame. Not sure about the shock and sway bar mounts, but that should be easy considering the major components will be unbox and install with a few holes to drill.

Kelderman

Actually, the stretch would be done behind the rear OEM spring perch. The only thing critical hanging off the splice would be the receiver hitch. Spare tire mount which would have to be moved back but big whoppie. At least the truck suspension and gooseneck hitch would all be on one, solid, OEM stretch of frame all the way forward.

It's a good theory until you get a price on custom parts from Kelderman...

Already covered that. The only thing that needs to lengthen is the links and they told me the price included the longer arms, they just need to know how long. :D

I doubt I spend the booty for the automatic leveling stuff though....at least until I get tired of doing it manually.

By good friend, Trent, at Outlaw Diesel here in town is actually a dealer. I'm counting on him to hook me up.

Well after driving through Oklahoma City and the toll way this weekend I can see now why you want some better suspension. The roads are terrible lol, especially 35 in the City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after driving through Oklahoma City and the toll way this weekend I can see now why you want some better suspension. The roads are terrible lol, especially 35 in the City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try US69.... from Vinita to Dallas!

Preach it, Brother, Preach it! Now you see the need. Throw on a 35' tag trailer.

Try US69.... from Vinita to Dallas!

I'd rather be castrated with a fishing knife than take 69 all the way from Vinita, OK to Dallas, Tx.

Found some Haldex valves on Ebay, a dump control valve on Ebay, Amazon has best price for Viair 10005 setup. I'm not paying Kelderman $1500 for the air setup. I can get the same thing for $440 but I will have to order the clamps and links to tie the control valves to the arms and but hose and fittings. Looking at it on paper, it appears I can do the suspension upgrade/long bed conversion for right at $4000.

Just finish the dump truck, drive it for a week, you'd probably be in love with the ride of the dodge after that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just finish the dump truck, drive it for a week, you'd probably be in love with the ride of the dodge after that!

NO...DAMN....LIE!!! That short based bastard with 31K springs will kill a man! LOL

Back