So who would be at fault if this turned ugly?

i watched him pull at W.V interstate fair last weekend and it ran very good. He managed to hit overdrive by the 125ft mark and carried it out to about 347ft, winning the open class

Those people would have been smoked if the chain or hitch gave away...

Thats all on the people putting on the pull or the driver.

At the drivers meeting at our pulls they will tell us where the full pull mark is going to be 300-315ft. They also tell us if there is a floating finish or a pull off. In this case if there was a floating finish the driver would pull untill he was stoped, by the sled or track official. In the case of going to a pull off he should stop at the set full pull mark, the official should also flag the driver to stop at this point.

Well its been probably 5 years since hes pulled that far so he probably didnt know what to do. he was so excitesd when his truck actually lit the turbo he held it to the floor. just joking.

Wow.

You wont ever see me stand in front of someones truck like that. I would have been making my way through the crowd and out of there. Those retards were like 5 feet in front of the truck and he was still in the throttle for all it was worth. Just stupid on everyones account IMO.

Truck sounded either like something broke or like he hit the spray a little after he got rolling. Dont know which.

Eric

There was a large spot on the annoucers side of the track that had concrete barriers and they wouldn't let a sole down there behind them. Ran everybody up to the end of the track. THe sled operator had the ability to kill the truck cause there were three more that full pulled and he killed them when they crossed the line. I do believe they should have kept everyone off the end of the track.

I don't think it's fair to assume WV is full idiots cause of your opinion of one person. Hell if that was the fact every state is full idiots, you agree??

Noone has mentioned anything about what appears to be essentially ruining an old Crew Cab. There arent tons of those around anymore. :(

that was about the most retarded thing i have seen on here.. even the sled driver should have locked that thing up if anyone had a brain there.. ugly..

that was about the most retarded thing i have seen on here.. even the sled driver should have locked that thing up if anyone had a brain there.. ugly..

When Kenny Ball bought that sled, it was set up so that when the weight box is engaged, it disables air to the brakes to eliminate the possibility of the sled operator to cheat anyone. How do I know this? My dad ran that sled back when Lee McIntyre owned it, and helped Lee set it up that way when dad was accused of holding the brakeson a guy.

When Kenny Ball bought that sled, it was set up so that when the weight box is engaged, it disables air to the brakes to eliminate the possibility of the sled operator to cheat anyone. How do I know this? My dad ran that sled back when Lee McIntyre owned it, and helped Lee set it up that way when dad was accused of holding the brakeson a guy.

now thats not safe at all. Most sleds i know are set up to when the brakes are hit the red lights come on but heard of sleds having a bypass to that

I hate playing the devil's advocate here, but there's so many things I can say in defense of everybody in the whole situation. I don't want to a jackass of myself, so I think I'll just shut my mouth and let y'all have your fun.

balls sled is one of them, he changes gears and taps the brakes, its been proven time and time again thats why hes kicked out of every fair in ohio almost, he only does a handful of pulls around here know. We have the video of cottageville where this same truck when he went past the 300 foot mark the tires were clear flat on the sled because they had them down and holding the pan off the ground the truck caught fire at about 350 feet and the sled hit him in the ass because it was riding on the wheels. Thats why when u go to pulls hes doing there are only a handfull of trucks that hook. i would say if that sleds around in another 2 years itll be a miracle.

Back