So who would be at fault if this turned ugly?

I don't know bout all that, but if he was putting the wheels down there would have been more than just 2 guys jumping up sayin they were down. Those wheels fold up pretty far from the ground if I can remember correctly. They said he did the same for a Black Dually.

I've read enough. I was there and everyone was in the wrong. I've pulled that sled as long as its been around and the wheels don't fold up they are on air bags that inflate when the pan is up and deflate when the pan is down. He's never held the dbrakes on anyone on purpose or left the boat up either for anyone. Yea he should've backed out of it, but those those spectators should have never been there, and barriers should have, the flagged waited to long. It was just a cluster fuk.

Most have been the sled up at caldwell Oh I am thinking of. But anyways I agree with you JERONIMO.

isnt that the point of signing a waiver at most truck pulls? that means they arent liable if you get killed or hurt at an event

To tell you the truth...I doubt a waiver is going to mean anything if someone gets killed. Ya it makes the Insurance company feel better, but courts see things a lot different!!!

To tell you the truth...I doubt a waiver is going to mean anything if someone gets killed. Ya it makes the Insurance company feel better, but courts see things a lot different!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Im sorry but that was one bad weld away from the end of truck pulling!!!

isnt that the point of signing a waiver at most truck pulls? that means they arent liable if you get killed or hurt at an event

At all the pulls I've been at, the spectators dont sign a waiver when they enter the gates.

i agree with jeronimo. we had a meeting after this pull and talked about getting the fans out of the way. and the truck won again tonight.

lol, that was a little too close for comfort, the organizers need to do things a little differently next time for sure

the ones ive been to when you buy a pit pass you do sign a waiver if not you set in the grandstands

yeah, thats how it is at the pull in Lancaster. all the "pit crew" got it but everyone had to sign a waiver.

Garrett

To be honest, why the he11 would anyone stand in the way of 6000lb truck headed towards you? If I was there and even saw the truck turning towards the crowd a little I would have moved out of the way before it got any closer.....thats like standing on 5 lane highway in the middle of the night in all black clothing, hoping not to get hit.

Back