So who would be at fault if this turned ugly?

There are plenty of pulls coming up that the ball sled wont be at so lets just stop all the trash talk and bring all these bad ass trucks we keep hearing about hookem and lets see what happens

I see my name got thrown into this discussion and it really ticks me off. I definately am a Vannest puller. I will defend him any time anywhere. I have been a customer of his for years and he has helped me out not only on pulling but just about everything a friend could need.

What I wont defend is that peice of crap All American sled. I ve seen plenty that I dont like out of the owner... he has treated me like dirt several times over the years and one of them in particular was at last years Jackson county pull. He needs to sell out and retire. My truck hates that sled and I will not pull it again.

nothing wrong with another vannest puller in the street class. the mighty diesel truck that money wont cure in time lol

^^^^ agreed. And they ain't nothing wrong the way that sled operates or it operator. Yea its heavy and you gotta role it out but its what we were dealt and deal with it. We can't and neither can the operator help that a certain truck blowed the tires off and get it moving and he melted it down. Kenny's foot wasnt on the skinny pedal , the drivers was. He done it to himself

^^Yeah, exactly. Kenny and Steve have done many a tractor pull for us, and the only trouble we've had is when something breaks (I.E. shearpins). That's why I felt like I should try to defend them a little earlier in this thread.

boys if you think things are so good with that sled then why in the heck does everyone..EVERYONE say that they dont like it? I dont like the owners attitude. If you arent one of his picks then you arent even allowed to spot the darn sled where you want it. Hes done it to me several times.

Its heavy , that's why truck guys don't like it. If it was your sled and all you heard was gripe'n you'd be sore too. He's done what he can short of tearing it completely apart and building it again to make it easier. Yes its hard outta the hole, even with the charger tractors its a little heavy. ITS NOT A DROP SLED! IMO, it shows who's got the truck and who has the talent to drive it. I said it once I'll say it again, the sled owner or the sled operator don't tear up trucks, its the nut behind the wheel with the fuel pedal crammed through the injection pump (or the TPS in your case) lol

ur missing my point completely but its no big deal. see ya saturday
Its heavy , that's why truck guys don't like it. If it was your sled and all you heard was gripe'n you'd be sore too. He's done what he can short of tearing it completely apart and building it again to make it easier. Yes its hard outta the hole, even with the charger tractors its a little heavy. ITS NOT A DROP SLED! IMO, it shows who's got the truck and who has the talent to drive it. I said it once I'll say it again, the sled owner or the sled operator don't tear up trucks, its the nut behind the wheel with the fuel pedal crammed through the injection pump (or the TPS in your case) lol

I would have to agree with Jeronimo, if I was gettin harped all the time saying I was cheating I doubt I would be moving the sled, just saying.

But it is a grunt sled for sure, if you dont have the right gearing and power combo to stay on top of the charger you wont move it far.

:thankyou2::clap:
I would have to agree with Jeronimo, if I was gettin harped all the time saying I was cheating I doubt I would be moving the sled, just saying.

But it is a grunt sled for sure, if you dont have the right gearing and power combo to stay on top of the charger you wont move it far.

what do u know about hooking to that sled??? u have never hooked even hooked your truck to a radio flyer hughes

4 years ago was the first time i ever hooked to All American, pulls hard all the way from start to finnish and unless you have the right set up for that sled, ur gonna have a hard time getting it down the track. I would rather hook to Mighty Mac, imo

Back