Spray pattern discussion

Thanks man, that kinda went over my head. :bang

Me too but what I seem to be getting from it is, unless you are building in all out competition truck or vehicle, then there are many combos that can be run with safe tuning.

The OP Said he is building a tow rig but wants it to be as awesome as it can be. I would be asking for the safest combo and not necessarily the most powerful combo between injector spray pattern and bowl design.

with my history, the safest combo is always my best bet.

Makes sense, thanks David. I'm probably just spinning my wheels(understatement) trying to figure this stuff out in the mean time. I will be consulting with Weston when I'm finally building my motor.

Safest combo would be 5.9 early injectors with stock 6.7 pistons, since the stock 6.7 injectors are the same degree...

I'm looking for the easiest to tune durable combo with all out power goal 1200-1500hp. Performance only.

Most likely going with a late 5.9 injector and the industrial bowl since it's proven.

Safest combo would be 5.9 early injectors with stock 6.7 pistons, since the stock 6.7 injectors are the same degree...

I'm looking for the easiest to tune durable combo with all out power goal 1200-1500hp. Performance only.

Most likely going with a late 5.9 injector and the industrial bowl since it's proven.

Yes, at that power goal I totally understand splitting the hairs here for the combo.

Well I was about to get the early injectors for my 5.9 going with late style bowls in monotherms. Looks like I should go with late style injectors now too. Funny how fast info changes, because I was still on the understanding early injectors with late Pistons was the cats meow.

Well I was about to get the early injectors for my 5.9 going with late style bowls in monotherms. Looks like I should go with late style injectors now too. Funny how fast info changes, because I was still on the understanding early injectors with late Pistons was the cats meow.

Whats the monotherms bowl like? Thought it was identical to early style 5.9 bowl

They have both early and late, mine are late. The late 5.9 and industrial 6.7 have the same radius, so should react similar correct?

Here's a stock 6.7 nozzle looks to be a dual plane or staggered orifice location if you zoom in.

Not sure what the pattern is now..

image_zps3o8fuguw.jpg

I have a 6.7 in my 06 with all 06 electronics/injectors/etc. Blacks built my 6.7 with industrial pistons so that I could use my 06 injectors and tuning without having to change anything. I only have 2200 miles on the new motor, 500 break in miles driving to work, 1400 towing on the interstate weighing about 24k total, and 300 miles towing on the interstate and through small towns weighing about 37k total. So far this 6.7 is night and day better than my 5.9. No heat issues, no electronic issues, no codes, no problems at all. Once I get a few more miles on the truck I will pull an injector and bore scope a piston to see how the spray angle looks, but from the sounds of it, the 04.5 to 07 injector with a 6.7 industrial piston is a perfect combo.

I have a 6.7 in my 06 with all 06 electronics/injectors/etc. Blacks built my 6.7 with industrial pistons so that I could use my 06 injectors and tuning without having to change anything. I only have 2200 miles on the new motor, 500 break in miles driving to work, 1400 towing on the interstate weighing about 24k total, and 300 miles towing on the interstate and through small towns weighing about 37k total. So far this 6.7 is night and day better than my 5.9. No heat issues, no electronic issues, no codes, no problems at all. Once I get a few more miles on the truck I will pull an injector and bore scope a piston to see how the spray angle looks, but from the sounds of it, the 04.5 to 07 injector with a 6.7 industrial piston is a perfect combo.

So you stuck with the 6.7 configuration? Did you think about the skirt wear issue? The industrial are coated top and skirts right?

Back