stay chrome or powdercoat black??

• Chrome

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • black

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Well I had my mind made up before I got these I was going to powdercoat them black with a black ehaust tip but now I don't know. What do you guys think???? I would photoshop them black to but don't know how
IMG_20110116_164819.jpg

IMG_20110116_164834.jpg

IMG_20110116_164849.jpg

You diddnt list black chrome as an option. The way the picture comes off on my computer that would look cool with the rest of your truck.

How about black out the wheels and chrome the grill and exhaust tip? I'm a sucker for black wheels and a little chrome might set 'em off really well. jmho

IMO it will look good either way but I like trucks blacked out not with bling

i went black with mine...but my whole theme is orange pearl/black. i like chrome on that color.

I'll see if I an PhotoChop 'em for you tomorrow.

Keep em chrome! I swear the only reason people try black on something like that is because they think it makes them look like more of a badass, has nothing to do with what actually looks good.

The person who thought up black chrome should be shot.. Haven't seen a single vehicle/color that looks good on.

Last edited:
As someone with the same color 2nd gen that has had both shiny wheels and black, I say they look great now. They would look great black too though. The black powdercoat will be alot lower maintanence though. I speak from experience. With the black you just use a soapy rag and spray them off when you wash the truck, no waterspots to polish off.

Thanks for all the replies fellas. Scott I think I will have time to get the front dropped this week. I am gonna see if my Caltracs will fit with how the back is setup now, if they don't fit I will go down a few inches and then order new bars. Danny that would be awesome!!!!!!!

As someone with the same color 2nd gen that has had both shiny wheels and black, I say they look great now. They would look great black too though. The black powdercoat will be alot lower maintanence though. I speak from experience. With the black you just use a soapy rag and spray them off when you wash the truck, no waterspots to polish off.

Thats what I was thinking about the ease of cleaning too.

Didn't mickey's truck have a grey paint job and black rims? I wonder if I can dig up a pic.

I think black would look good but I like it the way it sits now. The black would definitely be a little easier to clean. As a side note I think getting the black taillight trim color-matched to the truck would look sweet.

I think black would look good but I like it the way it sits now. The black would definitely be a little easier to clean. As a side note I think getting the black taillight trim color-matched to the truck would look sweet.

I want to do blacked out LED tail lights with painted trim. I just have to decide on wich ones.

Black grill, black mirrors. I think the black wheels would look great...

black grill? you high?

pete. the truck looks badass the way it is. i wouldnt touch a thing. if maintenance on the chrome wheels is an issue ive been using the armor all protectant stuff that you spray on after you clean the wheels. keeps them clean for a long time

Back