Stay chrome or powdercoat??

stay chrome or powdercoat black??

• Chrome

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • black

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
I think a black and machined rim would look awesome with this paint color. If I found a set to trade for I would jump all over it.

This is what's on my truck ( Xtreme Alloys Series 8179 Black Finish-RH1
):

images.ashx

The more I look at it I think a machined edge black wheel would look the best on it. I'll put those on tonight.

Also think about hom much of a trend the "Black" wheels thing is... It has been going on for a few years now and could die out soon leaving you with wheels that are no longer "Cool" and wanting a set of chrome wheels on your truck...

I say stick with the chrome... They look good and as long as you don't let the brake dust build up on them for a year will be easy to clean... Black wheels may look clean longer but the powdercoat is still paint and will get scratched over time while the chrome is a much harder surface and will resist scratching better and look good longer... Water spots show on black paint just as well as chrome...

If they were just polished then the powdercoated would be easier to clean and maintain but a chrome plated wheel will be the easiest to clean and keep looking clean in the long run...

my 2 cents
Cool doesn't matter much to me LOL. If I keep them chrome can you make me famous on a cover?????? I will change them to black if that's what it takes LOL.

Danny is the man!!!!!! I think I will either stay chromed or switch to a black and machined rim. I didn't think I would like them chrome but they have grown on me alot!

comp d pic.jpg

This is my truck with machined and black wheels. I really like this look with the dark gray.

Cool doesn't matter much to me LOL. If I keep them chrome can you make me famous on a cover?????? I will change them to black if that's what it takes LOL.

Just make sure you're happy with the way it looks and don't worry about the rest of us yahoos!!!

As for the cover, that's not my call but shooting a cool truck for a feature... now that I can do!!!

I do think it will need to be lowered to really finish off the look though...

Maybe we can get together at an event this year and shoot it...

Take care,
CT

View attachment 28968

This is my truck with machined and black wheels. I really like this look with the dark gray.
That is about the style of wheel I would replace these with if I ever get ever decide to get new ones.

Just make sure you're happy with the way it looks and don't worry about the rest of us yahoos!!!

As for the cover, that's not my call but shooting a cool truck for a feature... now that I can do!!!

I do think it will need to be lowered to really finish off the look though...

Maybe we can get together at an event this year and shoot it...

Take care,
CT
Chris, I have a set of Beltech frop springs for the front and I plan to pull some more springs from the back.

165139_1606604004099_1206128698_31296824_6622726_n.jpg

im in your boat with the lowering. i need to drop the ass end one or two to match the front. i still have to stick my fenderliners in there.. i had to drop a size on the tires bc the were actually getting cut by the inner fender.

always something

chris i know ill be at central ky smokeout, hebron ohio and numidia at the least. ts and scheids are up in the air. im not jazzed about takin this truck some where with that many drunken morons.

Damn, those rims lok GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what the hell to do. One rim does have some minor scratches but you can't tell unless you are up on it. That might justify me to get them done black LOL

hahah yeah i was in that same boat. as you can see they are 09-10 stockers. couple had some scuffs. being that i wanted black of some sort, i just had him shoot them black instead of shellin out another grand for wheels.

Last edited:
After examining the photoshops I have changed my answer to black. Looks way better IMO, the chrome still looks good though.

black !!!!!!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOL How did I know what you would say. When I started this thread I actually voted black for you in case you didn't see it. I knew you would be against the evel "C" word.

Back