Stay chrome or powdercoat??

stay chrome or powdercoat black??

• Chrome

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • black

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
I agree with Scott,,, too much of a good thing isnt always a good thing

I say leave them chrome, they will look better once they are stuffed up in the fender more. Leave the exhaust tip area alone, and if it were me I would consider some smaller mirrors. Those always look sick on a street truck.$.02

Yeah Everything is staying the same color ecxept possibly the wheels. I use the Meguir's hot rim's cleaner or something like that it does and awesome job to clean them with very minimal work. Polishing is still a pain though LOL

I will end up getting the tail light trim painted for sure. I can't stand the smaller mirors drive me nuts, for some reason I can't stand them. I think once the rims will definetley look better once they are tucked up in there a litle more.

I was having trouble coloring your wheels so I cheated and just put some black BMF Novakanes on there. LOL If you want, I could go back and get rid of the side rivet things on 'em. Just let me know.

IMG_20110116_164819.jpg

PetestruckblackBMFs.jpg

Thanks danny but Damn that doesn't make it any easier LOL. I thought I would have an easy favorite.

Personally, I think I like the black a little better. I think they'd look even better if I took the rivets off. I'll do that later on.

Only way I think a black rim on that truck would really look good on that truck would be with a chrome ring on the ID of the rim... Not too sure how to explain it but I've seen it. On the right truck it really looks good.

I have thought about black and chrome but I'm too cheap to pay for that LOL. I can get them powder coated for $30-$40 per rim so it wouldn't be too bad to go to black. It'd would be more expensive to Bo back to chrome though.

I don't like all black wheels, but I do like black with chrome or machined accents. That may be what you said was too much $$$ in your above post.
The BMF wheels look really good.

I don't like all black wheels, but I do like black with chrome or machined accents. That may be what you said was too much $$$ in your above post.
The BMF wheels look really good.

I think a black and machined rim would look awesome with this paint color. If I found a set to trade for I would jump all over it.

Is that the truck that was for sale a little while back in Texas? Good lookin truck I think it would look great with black centers an a chrome lip

You could also powder coat that back side and outer ring black. Then leave the front chrome. That is kind of how our rims on our short box look.

DSC00079.jpg

Also think about hom much of a trend the "Black" wheels thing is... It has been going on for a few years now and could die out soon leaving you with wheels that are no longer "Cool" and wanting a set of chrome wheels on your truck...

I say stick with the chrome... They look good and as long as you don't let the brake dust build up on them for a year will be easy to clean... Black wheels may look clean longer but the powdercoat is still paint and will get scratched over time while the chrome is a much harder surface and will resist scratching better and look good longer... Water spots show on black paint just as well as chrome...

If they were just polished then the powdercoated would be easier to clean and maintain but a chrome plated wheel will be the easiest to clean and keep looking clean in the long run...

my 2 cents

Last edited:
Keep them chrome or powder coat a gunmetal color. I think black would be too dark for it but sweet truck none the less

Back