Street strip build.

Just saw the 96 cr in process... Unsure where I'll be hp wise. When Weston and I started talking about this build 1000hp was the goal.

I don't put much weight into chassis dyno numbers, take it to the track and compare mph and I bet it would be close to 1000.

That's odd, I'm pretty sure it's the lack of material I took off my fuel plate. I removed the plate and was drowning out the motor.

i currently do not have a fuel plate installed. can do a wot run and egts will be lower and truck is noticeably slower. cycle the throttle linkage and then it will be fine.

i currently do not have a fuel plate installed. can do a wot run and egts will be lower and truck is noticeably slower. cycle the throttle linkage and then it will be fine.

Lower egts and slower from too much fuel? That's what I saw with mine having the plate removed. I took another 2mm off the plate now so will see if I'm closer.

Also where in Michigan are you located? I'm in central Wisconsin.

Nope, forced inductions cast s478 (6 blade) 87 turbine

5/22-13mm-fire ringed-stock long block-good valvetrain parts-5 solenoids of nitrous-frozen boost a/w cooler

Basically less than what slownoma has going on. with his gt42 turbo it should be responsive and a handfull on the street.

Less than what I have? How much were you spraying and was that dyno number on the bottle?

Lower egts and slower from too much fuel? That's what I saw with mine having the plate removed. I took another 2mm off the plate now so will see if I'm closer.

Also where in Michigan are you located? I'm in central Wisconsin.

lower from not fueling.

i am in auburn hills. from a little town south of lansing.

Less than what I have? How much were you spraying and was that dyno number on the bottle?

Stock head except fire rings and, stock internals except a drop in cam.

I sprayed a lot, about 5 solenoids. Combined equivalent to a little over 2 .125's

Did 689 1180 on fuel then 1105 1800+

Ran into some more troubles today.. My intercooler does not let enough air through to cool the radiator. I think I'll have to do a bed mount at this point. Also after it got hot it didn't want to start back up and cranked over real slow..

Ran into some more troubles today.. My intercooler does not let enough air through to cool the radiator. I think I'll have to do a bed mount at this point. Also after it got hot it didn't want to start back up and cranked over real slow..

What's your fan setup? Did you find out if the engine is tied up?

Common problem using that style intercooler on gas cars aswell.

was the water pump and fan working . sounds like the motor was a little tight also , hope you didnt hurt it

Yes, and yes. Even when it doesn't get to operating temp if I shut it down it won't start due to slow cranking. Almost positive at this point it's starter related.

Was there a specific reason you went with such a small rad?

Also, why'd you cut out your fender wells?

That's the biggest rad I could fit with the intercooler I used.

The well is only cut on the passenger side and the reason is from my old twin setup.

Back