1/8'' protrussion
8000 lbs
26'' hitch height (no trick hitches)
No spray of any kind
Exhaust must exit directly upward 3/8'' bolts with in 12'' of turbo
Can be blocked on rear end
Water to air intercooler allowed
Drive shaft loops

Not meaning to open a big can of worms here but it doesn't say 60" weight limit here. This was my point. If TS rules are applied then thats fine I just don't want to make a drive for nothing.

FYI Jeff Klein is a good friend of mine 2 yrs ago we traveled all over IL and a few others to pulls together. That turbo he had on his truck last year was mine. I know I need protrusion this time the rules state it about everywhere. Thats fine I'll make that rule if I come but still have some work to do to truck to get it ready after putting new motor in. I just want to make sure its worth working on truck for.

So duels are legal on a straight truck and no tire size limit correct.

Dan wrong again he isnt a member of there fair board. He's on crittenden county lions club for there fair. Shane has had one truck win in 7 years. This is the 8th year for the pull.

Sigh. Everyone is on the same page but you. Do we need to define the "good ole boy system".

2.6 rules will be

1/8'' protrussion
8000 lbs
26'' hitch height (no trick hitches)
No spray of any kind
Exhaust must exit directly upward 3/8'' bolts with in 12'' of turbo
Can be blocked on rear end
Water to air intercooler allowed
Drive shaft loops

Not meaning to open a big can of worms here but it doesn't say 60" length limit from center line of axle. This was my point. If TS rules are applied then thats fine I just don't want to make a drive for nothing.

FYI Jeff Klein is a good friend of mine 2 yrs ago we traveled all over IL and a few others to pulls together. That turbo he had on his truck last year was mine. I know I need protrusion this time the rules state it about everywhere. Thats fine I'll make that rule if I come but still have some work to do to truck to get it ready after putting new motor in. I just want to make sure its worth working on truck for.

So duels are legal on a straight truck and no tire size limit correct 35'' tire limit YES duals allowed.

There corrected it.

Last edited:
Hey dan why dont you build a truck in stop typing some much. This isnt the good ol boy system.

Forget it. Guess I need to be a truck puller to understand rules. Good luck if you are pulling this year. I wish you well.

Anyways I hope to meet some of you at the pull. It is always good to meet the guys who build nice trucks. Don't hold it against that I am not a puller please. :)

I hope to make it down to pull with you guys. I believe Jeff Klein (FINEFINISH) and Doug Coridori (johnnyfoxtrot,ramnu2) might come down with us as well. It would be nice to get some concrete rules ironed out though.

Thank You guys and I look forward to meeting you.

I hope to make it down to pull with you guys. I believe Jeff Klein (FINEFINISH) and Doug Coridori (johnnyfoxtrot,ramnu2) might come down with us as well. It would be nice to get some concrete rules ironed out though.

Thank You guys and I look forward to meeting you.

If any ? call shane number is listed a few post back this is just what i got told to tell people. Plus give his number if they had some ? on things. Sorry about all the ranting.

Hey Guys, Its very easy to pick up the phone and call Shane. Thats what i did last year, Shane explained the turbo rules. He's a nice guy. I really enjoy Sturgis, Even came in 1st place a couple years ago. I hate to here people trash a good pull. usually before i drive all the way to a pull i'll call ahead and check the rules, saves alot of head ache.

Me n Blair will both be there I feel pretty confident that the pull ain't stacked haha that's some crazy talk Shane is a lot better than that and has nothing to gain from it. There's an open class anyway so we can all pull and I'm sure we are all double entering anyway.

Just throwing this out there... Would any of yall have a problem with me hooking in the 2.6 class with my 2wd since i went to a big rearend??
I spoke with shane about it and he said he would ask some of the pullers, so i figured id ask on here aswell. Ill even agree to a 26inch hitch in the 2.6 if it will make yall feel better lol.

Thanks
Lynn

Just throwing this out there... Would any of yall have a problem with me hooking in the 2.6 class with my 2wd since i went to a big rearend??
I spoke with shane about it and he said he would ask some of the pullers, so i figured id ask on here aswell. Ill even agree to a 26inch hitch in the 2.6 if it will make yall feel better lol.

Thanks
Lynn

Hook er up!

I mean no disrespect here, but why are people so willing to allow unlimited driveline on a 2wd in the 2.6 class? If I pull into Sturgis with my hand throttle, along with my batteries and waterbox in the front weight bracket, the techs and pullers will throw a fit. But if a 2wd asks to pull with an unlimited rearend it's fine????

Me n Blair will both be there I feel pretty confident that the pull ain't stacked haha that's some crazy talk Shane is a lot better than that and has nothing to gain from it. There's an open class anyway so we can all pull and I'm sure we are all double entering anyway.

Logan i agree if truck done in stays togather ill be bumping up to open myself.

I mean no disrespect here, but why are people so willing to allow unlimited driveline on a 2wd in the 2.6 class? If I pull into Sturgis with my hand throttle, along with my batteries and waterbox in the front weight bracket, the techs and pullers will throw a fit. But if a 2wd asks to pull with an unlimited rearend it's fine????

Im not a true ODL truck just have a big rearend. everything else is 2.6 class legal.

Lynn

Fireman, I understand where you're coming from. I'd love to run an open axle on a 2.6 as well. Everyone fights driveline problems. Until the rules state that everyone can run a 106, 172, etc. shouldn't the rules be equivalent (with a written adjustment given for hitch height)?

Last edited:
Back