Sturgis Ky Indoor Pull March 19th

I mean no disrespect here, but why are people so willing to allow unlimited driveline on a 2wd in the 2.6 class? If I pull into Sturgis with my hand throttle, along with my batteries and waterbox in the front weight bracket, the techs and pullers will throw a fit. But if a 2wd asks to pull with an unlimited rearend it's fine????

Because its a just a brush pull on a 180ft track. That big rearend isnt going to add any power. My water box is in the front weight bracket too.

I think you're just to scarry Lynn.

haha i agree on that one. Its not like he's asking everybody else to take there front drive shaft out. Let him pull!! I think the truth is the people that don't want him pulling with the big rear end are scared they will get beat by a 2wd. $.02

we will be there my opinion is im not scared to hook with lynn have done it alot..its exciting to watch his truck run....i also agree with 59dsul with that fact that id also love to run a big rear in 2.6 but thats not the rules that have been posted...but there again its just a 180ft pull so its cool with me better bring some meats lynn if you want a chance on this track though

Are y'all bringing both trucks down Joe? Sounds like it's gonna be a good pull

Thanks Guys
I hate stepping on toes. Im just doin this bc i have fun doing it. And it is different.. Hopefully within the next year a 2wd class will be seen by its self.
I also see what yall are talking about wanting to go open rearend in the 2.6 class, With the HP these trucks make i see it happening... maybe not this year but sometime in the future.

Thanks again fellas. Hope to get to meet alot of yall there. Fell free to come check the truck out.

Lynn

I understand that a 2 ton rearend shouldn't be allowed in the 2.6 class to most people out there, but honestly it doesn't add any power at all. It actually may take away power because of more rotating mass. We have tried countless times to get a D80 to last in a 2wd and its just not going to happen even with the best of the best parts inside it. All of the power and load is going to that one rearend on the 2wd's. A 4wd equals out the load enough so that the D-80 will last alot longer. Lynn's truck really isn't making the power it should either to really be that competitive in the 2.6 class (No offence Lynn). If it were making the power it should, we would be ripping out a D80 every pass.

We also have a class in KOTTPA called Modified stock 2wd. Its a gasser class that has trucks making anywhere from 700-850hp, limited to a 1 ton rearend and weighing 5200lbs. Just about all of those guys rip out a rearend once a month if not more. I just don't see a 2wd diesel getting a D80 to last half a season unless you could get the trucks down to 4500lbs or less and cutting the engines back to around 350-400hp.

I understand that a 2 ton rearend shouldn't be allowed in the 2.6 class to most people out there, but honestly it doesn't add any power at all. It actually may take away power because of more rotating mass. We have tried countless times to get a D80 to last in a 2wd and its just not going to happen even with the best of the best parts inside it. All of the power and load is going to that one rearend on the 2wd's. A 4wd equals out the load enough so that the D-80 will last alot longer. Lynn's truck really isn't making the power it should either to really be that competitive in the 2.6 class (No offence Lynn). If it were making the power it should, we would be ripping out a D80 every pass.

We also have a class in KOTTPA called Modified stock 2wd. Its a gasser class that has trucks making anywhere from 700-850hp, limited to a 1 ton rearend and weighing 5200lbs. Just about all of those guys rip out a rearend once a month if not more. I just don't see a 2wd diesel getting a D80 to last half a season unless you could get the trucks down to 4500lbs or less and cutting the engines back to around 350-400hp.

Well explained Bragg. And none taken... ill get there haha. Just give me a little time.

Lynn

I really enjoy pulling with Lynn, His truck is awesome, And fun to watch. I Vote Yes.

recomend it but shane didnt say it was a for sure thing. Number is listed call him to verify

we will be there my opinion is im not scared to hook with lynn have done it alot..its exciting to watch his truck run....i also agree with 59dsul with that fact that id also love to run a big rear in 2.6 but thats not the rules that have been posted...but there again its just a 180ft pull so its cool with me better bring some meats lynn if you want a chance on this track though

is this "THE JOE HILL?" if your going i am also just for the after party
let this guy pull i want to see everyone get to hook the bluegrass let a truck hook the 2.6 last year that has a filled block thats not cool.

yea this is The Joe Hill and like i said i like hooking against him ive got no problems with him hooking...not much of an after party last year chris but your more than welcome to come hook....we will be bringing at least one truck unless dad decides come to play with the big boys with the workstocker

a 95 7.3 now, dmax well its still around just too many hands in it,

Just bring the blankets ron. Cuz sure enough when this guy pops your hood, hes gonna be looking to get you out of the 2.6. I was the victum last year. And yes i read all the rules and read them again. Then @ the pull we made Shane read them on my phone and no where did it say pertursion. Turns out it didnt matter cuz my temporary clutch didnt hold but this is why people have some doubt. Im out of pullin 100% now, i wasted plenty of money, i even drive a new ford now, but im hopin to tow ron down and watch the pull.

haha i agree on that one. Its not like he's asking everybody else to take there front drive shaft out. Let him pull!! I think the truth is the people that don't want him pulling with the big rear end are scared they will get beat by a 2wd. $.02

^^^^^I totaly agree let him hook!!!

Just throwing this out there... Would any of yall have a problem with me hooking in the 2.6 class with my 2wd since i went to a big rearend??
I spoke with shane about it and he said he would ask some of the pullers, so i figured id ask on here aswell. Ill even agree to a 26inch hitch in the 2.6 if it will make yall feel better lol.

Thanks
Lynn

Nothing in the rules posted says your truck has to be 4wd or states what size rear ends you can and cannot run so I have no problem with it!

Back