Superduty P-pump 24v cummins build thread

PSD0389

Just wanted to share my build on here, I blew headgaskets in the 6.0 for the second time at 194k miles and when I tore it down the heads had about 30 cracks each so I decided it was time to stop wasting money.

The truck is an 03 CCLB King Ranch F-350 4x4 and I had bought an 01 dodge donor truck for the swap. When I pulled the engine out of the dodge and pulled the head off I found water had got down in 2 cylinders and done some damage so Ive done a complete rebuild of the engine including ditching the VP in favor of a P pump.

Engine parts include:
Crank polished
Engine bored .020 over with new pistons
Main and rod journals all checked out good, new bearings and wrist pins
Head decked, new valve seals, guides, hardened valve seats (head had cracks in 4 seats originally)
Hamilton 110# springs
H-11 head studs
DDP 150s set to 290 bar
190hp industrial p pump with 12mm plungers
Timing set at 21*, 4gsk springs, 191 dvs, deeper rack plug
II silver bullet 66mm turbo
.084 injection lines
Airdog 150 and sump

Im also gonna run the 47re that I just got built by firepunk diesel with everything but a billet intermediate and output
DPC triple disk converter and SFI flexplate are going in as well.

Gonna run the DLD case for the time being

Here are some pictures of the build so far, Im just waiting on my injection lines and destroked engine mounts to arrive so I can put the engine in the truck

The truck:
c2640482.jpg

Getting rid of the old drivetrain:
IMG_20120113_133305.jpg

IMG_20120113_143717.jpg

Getting the new drivetrain out of the donor truck:
8ff826f0.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

The damage:
DSC01057.jpg

The rebuild:
6d003971.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

e8676b85.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

Ok got an update finally.

Engine is all back together minus injection lines. I got the front end off my truck and pulled off uneeded parts from the engine bay. My airdog 2 showed up as well as my destroked tach kit and engine mounts. I also got my built tranny, converter and SFI flexpate today, thanks to Minkalicious for bringing that to the shop for me!

But I got the engine in the truck and sitting perfectly level, also got the flexplate on and this weekend the trans will go in so the crossmember can be made and Ill start hooking stuff up! I got my airdog mounted on the frame but thats all Ive got done for the fuel system so far. Im still waiting on my BDP sump to show up.

Anyways here are some pictures:
DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

This is really making me want to do a swap in my '05 especially after replacing 4 injectors this week! You will love your transmission from Lavon, he built the one in my dodge and now I actually enjoy driving that truck.

This is really making me want to do a swap in my '05 especially after replacing 4 injectors this week! You will love your transmission from Lavon, he built the one in my dodge and now I actually enjoy driving that truck.

I cant wait to drive the truck with his trans in it, the one truck I rode in with his tranny shifted awesome!

Damn.. kinda wanna do this to my 99 :rockwoot:

It definitely takes some time

Very nice truck and swap. I'm ready for some videos!

Thank you!

Made a little more progress:

I got the airdog mounted up on the frame and ran the feed line, dont mind the picture showing the line all bunched up that will be fixed later. Also ran the fuel return line off the engine as well. I just need to get the sump on and run the feed line for that as well as the return line off the airdog.

I mounted the manifold up on the engine as well and Im definitely gonna have some fitment issues with the way I have it. Id have to modify the heater box somewhat to clear the wastegate if I want to run it that way so Im gonna try some other ways.

I also got the tranny mounted to the engine and moved the crossmember forward, net I need to get the 1 1/4" aluminum spacer machined to go between the ford trans mount and the transmission and itll be in place. For now its just sitting on the ford trans mount on the crossmember.
DSC01167.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

Looks good so far man! Im just wrapping up mine now, wishing i went with a p-pump rite from the start, i have the VP death code now, so idk if it will be going HRVP or P-Pump.

Looks good so far man! Im just wrapping up mine now, wishing i went with a p-pump rite from the start, i have the VP death code now, so idk if it will be going HRVP or P-Pump.

I got a hotrodvp44 for sale right now on here asking 1000 shipped.

As to the OP bada$$ build I would love to own that truck. Fummins are bada$$

Matt,
Good looking truck. great looking build.

How are you going to get that 47RE to shift, are you going to use the computer from the donor or a stand alone? Manual shift kit?

The exhaust manifold- you can try flipping yours over and modding the waste gate or use a 3rd gen manifold or one from a medium duty cummins.

Back