Superduty P-pump 24v cummins build thread

does this help? this motor is from an FL60 so the throttle was a bit different I have since added the dodge throttle bracket.

Attachments

• DSC00340.jpg
    DSC00340.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00466.jpg
    DSC00466.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
I was kinda wondering if just a flare would work, thats the route Ill go then, thanks! Yeah I have tried the manifold both ways, it actually comes closer to fitting with it flipped up but the exhaust housing and wastegate still interfere with the heater box a good amount.

Oh alright thats good to know I didnt realize I had to wire both sensors in, I do have a destroked tach kit that Im using. Ill definitley make sure they are seperated.

I have a battery tray already that will sit on the drivers side battery location so I can run two, I was hoping I could just modify the ford cables to work like you just mentioned.

And Im thinking Im gonna have to that route on the trans dipstick too because after looking at it I dont think that stock dipstick will fit at all.

Thanks for all the tips!

I might turn and add a second battery on the drivers side but so far this thing fires right up with the one but I don't have a grid heater or anything else on my motor. Try the ford cables you might need to cut it and add a new terminal but it should not be too much of a pain.

the dipstick- if you have a good pipe bender you might be able to rebend the dodge tube but mine started to kink real bad so I just used the flex one for ease.

what is your plan for the tow/haul light that will flash it is anoying the heck out of me. I might just kill it like I did my check engine light.

Sharp truck and nice work!

Thanks!

I might turn and add a second battery on the drivers side but so far this thing fires right up with the one but I don't have a grid heater or anything else on my motor. Try the ford cables you might need to cut it and add a new terminal but it should not be too much of a pain.

the dipstick- if you have a good pipe bender you might be able to rebend the dodge tube but mine started to kink real bad so I just used the flex one for ease.

what is your plan for the tow/haul light that will flash it is anoying the heck out of me. I might just kill it like I did my check engine light.

Yeah the tray I have holds two optimas so Ill be good there, and I messed around with the battery cables today and it looks like just shortening the ford cables is going to work out well. I also put the trans dipstick in and it looks like itll work with clearing the downpipe for me.

For the two haul Ill probably just kill it.

Got some more done on the truck, its gettin close

Got the turbo all mounted up and clocked with the 3rd gen manifold. The oil feed and return lines are done for the turbo big thanks to Bryan for that!

I also got my hydroboost line made, boost line for the AFC all done, wastegate hose, Heater hoses, Got the aluminum spacer for the trans crossmember all done except for getting the two holes going into the tranny counterbored since i didnt have a drill bit big enough.

I also have a 273 case that will work with my dodge trans now as well.

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

That looks great! Nice Work!!

Thank you!

Looks good. My buddy had a 7.3 that worked identical to your truck

Thanks!

Awesome build subscribing.

Thank you!

I got my aluminum spacer for the crossmember counterbored today, also ordered a couple odds and ends I needed today as well as some good heatshrink and wire wrap for all my wiring, so hopefully it all shows up tomorrow so I can get back at it

Matt,
Just a heads up, what is your plan for your degas bottle? I don't think you will be able to use the ford one the intake tubes will be in the way. I used a small Aluminum expansion tank with billit filler neck. I got it from Summit racing it has a 1/2" bung (IIRC) on the bottom so I can use it to fill/top off my cooling system. I mounted it on the passenger side on the fan shroud as high as I could get it.

Great build and very nice truck!

Thanks!

Hurry up Graham cracker.

oh hell Im working on it Minkalicious, Im headin down there in a little bit to pound some more out

Matt,
Just a heads up, what is your plan for your degas bottle? I don't think you will be able to use the ford one the intake tubes will be in the way. I used a small Aluminum expansion tank with billit filler neck. I got it from Summit racing it has a 1/2" bung (IIRC) on the bottom so I can use it to fill/top off my cooling system. I mounted it on the passenger side on the fan shroud as high as I could get it.

That was actually the same thing I was planning on using for a bottle as well, would you happen to have the part number for the one you used by any chance? and maybe a picture of where yours is mounted? Might as well go with something thats already worked for someone else, thanks!

Little more progress, got my aluminum trans crossmember spacer in and bolted up the 273 case, tomorrow Im taking the driveshafts to get the front shortened and rear lengthened.

Ran the TV cable, got the battery tray mounted up, re adjusted my valve lash again, drilled and retapped the manifold bolt hole that the brand new bolt decided to break off in.

I also did some more work on the wiring, cut out all un needed wires from the 6.0 harness and labeled all wires on the dodge PCM harness and removed all un needed wires from that harness as well. I got my starter signal wire ran and positive cable to the starter I just need to shorten the Ford cables a little for the batteries. THen I need to start getting things wired together and I need to get all the ford tranny wiring stripped out of that harness as well.

After that I gotta get radiator hoses ran, trans cooler lines, downpipe, intake, IC pipes, shifter linkage and the rest of my throttle linkage and re assemble the front end.

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

I guess I just have to figure out what lines on the p-pump go to what. the kid i got the setup from off ebay seems to be pretty much useless as far as any information.

Do you happen to know what size fittings you used for your turbo oil supply line? is the adapter on the top of the oil filter housing a npt to AN?

If you want a VC to get rid of the sheep's head, I have a used one I can set you up with. LOL

Do you happen to know what size fittings you used for your turbo oil supply line? is the adapter on the top of the oil filter housing a npt to AN?

Ill check for you tomorrow but the adapter is an NPT to AN

If you want a VC to get rid of the sheep's head, I have a used one I can set you up with. LOL

LOL I actually have another valve cover, I just left the old dodge one on while I was working around the engine so I didnt scuff the new one up. THis is the one thats gonna be on it:

Also for a quick update, I got all my throttle linkage and TV cable mounted on the pump now, tach kit is on and Im just about done with the wiring, Only thing Im still trying to figure out is the crank signal the dodge PCM needs and how to get the correct signal to it, and my driveshafts should be done tomorrow as well.

I also plan to fire the truck for the first time tomorrow too
DSC01143.jpg

Last edited:
Matt,

I used the long deep one off a 7.3 super duty, i think they came in gassers too. Mounted it on the passenger side of the radiator and tied the 1" hose into the bottom radiator hose. Looks factory to me ill post pics under my thread as soon as I get some of the finished product...

Back