Swole's Carnage AGAIN!!!!

Alright I just put $20 in for Big Swole. Send it to Garmon diesel performance 1222 High Falls Rd.Griffin, Ga. 30223. So far we have $20. Who is next?

How about a new thread on this please... i would like to hear about the re-build instead of the charity funds. Don't get me wrong thanks to Dave i purchased a few insurance parts and if anyone deserves a hand out on HERE it would be him (not that he is asking for it).
PS I'm trying to pay for my re build as well so... I'm sure theses type comments are coming as well. I just thought i'd get mine in now.
Good luck Dave!:cheer::clap::Cheer:

WOW!!! Thank you Georgboy for the idea and the help, but I already fell like a first class looser for having to have help twice in such a short amount of time!! I really do appreciate EVERYONES thought and help with this thing. I Totally understand that I am certainly NOT the only one here stuggling with these CR's and costly builds. For what its worth, I am truly touched and Blessed that most of you here at CompD seem to wanna help me!!

I do however know that I made this bed and now I have to sleep in it! Its nobodies fault but my own ( with a good bit of BAD luck) that I keep doing this. I was in search of major power and I found it!! It just came at a price for the third time. LOL

I will just say THANK YOU to all that have donated parts, time, & money for me this go round and I will make sure to publicly Thank You when all is done!!!

Didn't swole say he made $40/hour? that's 80K + side jobs. Dave, you pull in near 6 figures don't you? That's a lot unless your spewing money on other crap that you don't need :)

Six Figures!!!! LOL

Don't I Wish!!!!!

For the record, I make just a Tad over forty on the dept. Salary and with my part times included I thing I made just under 55k this year. Of course with my 10-99's from the part times , i have to write a check tmrw to the IRS for $1300 of taxes that I still owe.

Anyway, i am very proud to have a job and make what I make. I probably have NO business engaging in this sport since time are tough, but I HAVE to have something to put myself into as a stress relief like this or I will simply go crazy! Vicious Cycle!!!

Anyway, Jeff is helping me SO much this time that I will make sure he uses this fund to help ease his burden in this build.

Thank You and God Bless you All!!!!

Didn't swole say he made $40/hour? that's 80K + side jobs. Dave, you pull in near 6 figures don't you? That's a lot unless your spewing money on other crap that you don't need :)

and, not only is it none of your business, it makes no difference in this circumstance. He's a good guy that has had some rotten luck with his vehicle. I personally would hate to see him quit playing with the truck and go back to some of his other hobbies. People that stand around on the sidelines judging others with their wallet clamped tight between the cheeks of their a$$ are not fun to hang around with.

I thought I would let whomever that would like to help Dave on this third !! rebuild the thread will be named " Lets help Big Swole". Thanks guys,Jeremy.

and, not only is it none of your business, it makes no difference in this circumstance. He's a good guy that has had some rotten luck with his vehicle. I personally would hate to see him quit playing with the truck and go back to some of his other hobbies. People that stand around on the sidelines judging others with their wallet clamped tight between the cheeks of their a$$ are not fun to hang around with.

He made it public business when he said $40/hour in some other thread.

However, Dave is open with that data. I recall having zero truck play money for anything with a truck payment, house, food, play etc at 55k. So I know the felling, but I never managed to break much back then.

well dave, if it makes you feel any better my turbo crapped out sunday...its on its way to ED as we speak. and you guessed it, i ordered a bigger one lol.

im gonna track your big ass down at TS and buy ya a round!

georgboy...i like your idea. it may ruffle the feathers of some who maybe dont know dave that well. i sure as hell wouldnt let somebody shoot at me for40-55k a year. hats off to ya dave.

He made it public business when he said $40/hour in some other thread.

However, Dave is open with that data. I recall having zero truck play money for anything with a truck payment, house, food, play etc at 55k. So I know the felling, but I never managed to break much back then.

Yes I did make it public. My bad. I certainly didn't mean for it to sound like I was braggin or for it seem the norm...

But the normal part time pay for most all our jobs is $25/hr. The $40/hr. jobs are very few and far between and make up less than probably 5-10% of my yearly combined total for the part times....

Hope this clears this up......
Oh, and my normal dept. hr. rate is less then $20 / hr......

well dave, if it makes you feel any better my turbo crapped out sunday...its on its way to ED as we speak. and you guessed it, i ordered a bigger one lol.

im gonna track your big ass down at TS and buy ya a round!

georgboy...i like your idea. it may ruffle the feathers of some who maybe dont know dave that well. i sure as hell wouldnt let somebody shoot at me for40-55k a year. hats off to ya dave.

Very sorry to hear bout your turbo man! Glad you went BIG though!!!

I'll def. see ya at TS!! Lookin forward to putting MANY faces with names and Shaking lots of hands to Say "Thank You" in person!!!!

Dave whats the status on the build...?

Well, just got back from Jeff's today....Tore down the used motor and got the head sent off to be worked....I'm hoping it will be ok...It looked pretty bad too, as it was a blown motor too.....We'll have to see...

I've had a couple folks donate pistons to make sure I can make a good set with them...Tried to clean the few I took out of the used motor today...They are sitting in the parts washer now...

Jeff had to order the ring kits and lower gasket kit for me today...

Got the block honed out from the last build ( the one CSnyder donated ), so it will go back in as well!! THANK YOU CHRIS!!

Now just waiting on my turbos to get back from Glenn at E.D. RonA and Glenn are helping me with them!! THANK YOU guys!!!! Glenn may have even added some more "BLING" as he put it to my S480 for me! =)

Todd at TCDiesel modded my rail and my RV for me and it's on it's way back!

PPE has my ECM, Dual fueler controller, and the blown fuel line.....Not sure on the status of the ecm and fuel line, but I DID get an email stating that my Dual Fuel controller DID NOT pass thier inspection and had to be replaced.....hmmm!! I wonder if that had anything to do with my pressure spike?? I don't know how it works so I'm not possitive if it could....

My injectors were sent to Don for inspection / testing after that spike and to see if the tip was missed up from the metal bangin around inside the cylinder......I'm not sure if he's gonna swap me for the 03/04 tips or not yet....I'll have to round some up if not....

I think thats about it for now though!

I'll be posted more later when I get it done....Will try to get pics of the build too...

Thanks again to All of you guys!!

:Cheer:

Yes I did make it public. My bad. I certainly didn't mean for it to sound like I was braggin or for it seem the norm...

But the normal part time pay for most all our jobs is $25/hr. The $40/hr. jobs are very few and far between and make up less than probably 5-10% of my yearly combined total for the part times....

They don't pay you nearly enough. Maybe they should stop buying new cop cars every 2 years and pay the cops more.

Hmm maybe you should come down here then... starting salary at the local S.O. is $19.xx hourly, as an entry level deputy, and no expirience.

Glad things are coming together for you David, slowly though.

Sorry again for the shape that engine was in...but I hope you can make use of some parts of it.

Chris

BTW, call us even;)

Glad things are coming together for you David, slowly though.

Sorry again for the shape that engine was in...but I hope you can make use of some parts of it.

Chris

BTW, call us even;)

Thank you SO much Chris.!

I pulled it apart yesterday and it's not quite as bad as I thought....I sent the head to the machine shop to see if it can be used..It had quite a life! I hope I can use it!!

Either way man, I will owe you!! Thanks again for everything and it was Great to meet you!! I'll keep ya posted!!

David

Last edited:
Thank you SO much Chris.!

I pulled it apart yesterday and it's not quite as bad as I thought....I sent the head to the machine shop to see if it can be used..It had quite a life! I hope I can use it!!

Either way man, I will owe you!! Thanks again for everything and it was Great to meat you!! I'll keep ya posted!!

David

I'll just put that in the

"I could have said something ignorant but didn't category".:hehe:
Wait ,maybe I did. Either way. whatever.

Swole, your pistons are in the mail to ISB, it was a pleasure chatting with you, i will also ship some money to Garmons for you. like i said on the phone, i kinda know what ur going through, i hope the rebuild goes smoothly and if there is anything else you need hit me up. keep us posted

Swole, your pistons are in the mail to ISB, it was a pleasure chatting with you, i will also ship some money to Garmons for you. like i said on the phone, i kinda know what ur going through, i hope the rebuild goes smoothly and if there is anything else you need hit me up. keep us posted

Great talkin to you as well man!!

Dude, you don't have to worry about sending anything man!! I appreciate that thought but I know you've got problems of you own....I certainly know I'm not special here and the only one..lol
Thank you for the sentament (sp?) though!
Hope to meet up at a race of something!!

:Cheer:

i hope you get it fixed and you dont have any issues with this one.
best of luck

:thankyou2:

I sure hope this is my last issue for a LONG while!! lol

Here's a question. Do you plan on running the Smarty on your truck once it's running again, or do you think PPE is the only one you'll use?

If it was me in your situations, I would chalk up my truck as one that the Smarty tunes just do not cooperate with. I'm just sorry it took three engines to figure it out.

Not trying to badmouth Smarty, I happen to enjoy mine, but there are some combinations that just do not work well with those tunes.

Here's a question. Do you plan on running the Smarty on your truck once it's running again, or do you think PPE is the only one you'll use?

If it was me in your situations, I would chalk up my truck as one that the Smarty tunes just do not cooperate with. I'm just sorry it took three engines to figure it out.

Not trying to badmouth Smarty, I happen to enjoy mine, but there are some combinations that just do not work well with those tunes.

Well let me clear up a few things:

This is the ONLY failure out of the three that was/is programming or electronic related....1st was a cracked / bad injector body....2nd was the blown freeze plug in the head that dumped All my coolant in my oil. Jacked up all my bearings and then the rod "Swoled" my block......3rd. is this one....

I believe I may now know what contributed to my failure this time but still trying to confirm...I will post when I can...BUT, As of now it is NOT the Smarty......

I am having to sell my Smarty to get some money for this build, and may have to sell the PPE to do the same....But I have spoken with Bob W. and I beleive I may just run on stock programming until the SSR Smarty is released.

I will post more when I can about what we found out.....

Back