The argument for a real conversion injector

Glad to hear someone say that. The higher pops to me seem like a better idea since it would atomize the fuel better and make a cleaner burn.

So Dons off the shelf VP injectors are working best in this application? doing a P-pump conversion in the next week or so and need to get a set of injectors. Mach 6's or 7's. probably!?!? Whats considered a "pulling" injector on a P-pumped 24v?

I have a set of Mach 8's I am going to use.

So Dons off the shelf VP injectors are working best in this application? doing a P-pump conversion in the next week or so and need to get a set of injectors. Mach 6's or 7's. probably!?!? Whats considered a "pulling" injector on a P-pumped 24v?

What exactly is a "pulling injector"? Sled pullers don't tend to dyno so that's a difficult question. 6's or 7's don't make enough smoke to be a pulling injector. 8's probably won't either. Probably DDP 250's.

What exactly is a "pulling injector"? Sled pullers don't tend to dyno so that's a difficult question. 6's or 7's don't make enough smoke to be a pulling injector. 8's probably won't either. Probably DDP 250's.

A pulling injector would be larger than 250hp for a VP but from what I have seen the P7100 will flow a LOT more fuel through the VP injector then the VP pulse width will allow. Depending on pop pressures and lift with the right set up a 150hp VP injector used in a P-pump conversion is enough in most cases.

Your comparison with the Mach 7 & 8 in relation to DDP250's is incorrect also!

My current "pulling injector" is Scheid Lightening V 7x.018 rated at 75LPM and approx 320hp.

Are you being sarcastic about the machs not working for a pulling injector?

I just took a 24 valve injector put a 12 valve tip on it on it idles perfect no haze except when cold out and i had it on ethe dynojet earlier last year and it laid down 1758.27 hp 2568.67tq with just 58 degrees of timing i think i put nitrous oxide on it and upgrade to the twin cam setup haisly makes i should be able to break 2000-2100 hp i think might add water methinol injection to help light my big single i put on my truck its a 103 mm HX-80....im also hopin that a K&N filter might boost my power level a little bit

I just took a 24 valve injector put a 12 valve tip on it on it idles perfect no haze except when cold out and i had it on ethe dynojet earlier last year and it laid down 1758.27 hp 2568.67tq with just 58 degrees of timing i think i put nitrous oxide on it and upgrade to the twin cam setup haisly makes i should be able to break 2000-2100 hp i think might add water methinol injection to help light my big single i put on my truck its a 103 mm HX-80....im also hopin that a K&N filter might boost my power level a little bit

What are you trying to say? :what:

You Can Make Your Own Converson Injector!!!!!!! Duh!!!!!!!.....use Stock 12 Valve Tips With Srock 24 Valve Bodies Its What I Did And Run Like A Top And I Had Them Flow Tested And They Tested At 800ml

Youd be surpirse with just the 58 degrees of timing im running and have a somewhat large charger on it i still get 31mpg and almost no smoke

Did you read his whole post? i think you can tell its a joke.

FWIW you can leave a 24v injector pop alone and it will run, but in mine it made it hard to start, due to the higher pressure needed to pop. I lowered the pops on my next set and it starts easier, and revs quicker. i dont know how to describe it but with the higher pop offs the rpm's seemed lazy like it didnt wanna climb. now when you touch the pedal it will shoot up quick. thats the best way i can explain it.

dont believe come on down here to witchita kansas and il show ya differnet il pull your "speacally converted injectors" all over town

Youd be surpirse with just the 58 degrees of timing im running and have a somewhat large charger on it i still get 31mpg and almost no smoke

You should bump it up to 63.5 degrees, we have had good luck running there with the smaller hx82's.

Back