The built thread.

SHughes

Too much is never enough!
I promised a thread once the first stage of my build was complete...hence the title, the truck is built, not in a build process but still being modified.

ava3eru4.jpg

azu6ubyh.jpg

5umaza2e.jpg

More info and pics to come.

The gap between more and enough never changes.

Last edited:
Looks fun. Engine from your trunk in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I post it in random threads. LOL and the Dodge drivetrain is in it, with single s366 in place of the twins.

Found my new desktop.

I was curious what you were building, looks nice. Looking forward to more of a build thread. I've been wanting to do something similar to this for... well.... a while, we'll leave it at that.

Scott , I hate you .....

:lolly:
And you knew why...

Secondary was trashed. Traded the well use primary and piping for the brand new single. I do want to put an extra pair of turbos in front of the 66 at some point...really loud whistley ones. LOL

scott, looks great. I hope to pick my 56 chevy up within the next week.

He'll yeah! I bet that thing torques up like crazy with the original frame. I have plans back before I even had a license to swap a cummins into my 47 5 window 2 ton truck.

Need to come over and see the truck one of these days. Looking forward to how it turns out.

I'll be needing some help with a few thing Todd...swing by on your way back from the pulls in I A.

For now. I need to find time to take more and write something up.

1956 Chevy that I have had since High School. A '71 Camaro front clip was grafted to the frame way back then. It's had a few motors through the decades but it has never been in running condition...until now.

It does have the 6BT/47RE out of my '99 Dodge. It is a STORM block, common rail head, P7100 concoction. Head has a little bit of work, 215 pump has been benched and modified and re-modified. Currently running some 8x.009 VCO injectors which I hope are enough for the S366 as I can't even hope to afford new ones right now. It is non-intercooled as well, for now. With twins it made 800 HP at 90+psi, so I have no idea what it will do now, but I would guess 550 or so. And it scoots!!

The transmission is a full billet Goerend with his torque converter and manual valve body. I made a shifter for it recently...the last thing before I called it "built." LOL

I have to thank Jeff Mumau for getting the motor back together a few years ago and it has been amazing!!!

Next I must thank Chris Snyder for doing the heavy lifting in getting the engine and transmission in this truck as I simply don't have the space or tools to do so.

After getting it home I "painted" it...DA sander with 120 grit then 320 grit before applying Rustoleums Rust Restorer which goes on like a black primer. I left a few areas in the original white and did the hood spears to sort of match, just happen to have some vanilla paint at the house. LOL I also put the stock bench seat from my Chevelle in it...both me and the wife find it much more comfortable and it didn't need upholstery like the truck seat did.

There is a laundry list of things to be done. It may have been around the block recently, however, she is not ready for prom just yet.

It feels great when a long-term project comes together! I like it!

Here are a couple of interior pics. You can see my home made shifter...I'm no engineer so it's a bit sloppy but it works for now. I have two wildly different ideas for redoing it and no clue how to accomplish either.

e4epumyh.jpg

apy5yje6.jpg

Here is the fuel cell and pump and solar charged battery. ..there are no provisions for an alternator. I need to replace the line from the cell to the pump as I bent this one, but I'm waiting to run the fuel lower so I don't spill it everywhere. LOL

3age8a6e.jpg

This is a straight shot from about five feet away, had to lean against the Chevelle to get that far.

qytada7y.jpg

Alomost forgot the noth in the firewall for the down pipe...still got some work to get the cab sealed up.

4a2e3ere.jpg

Back