top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
I voted for single pumps last year. No doubt I'll vote for it again this year. Don't see it happening though. Then that forces everybody to move up a class or drop to single pumps after already shelling out the dough for duals. Then again, I'm still alright with it. I'm still trying to play catch up with a little ole VP.

Respect to those who didn't step down @ SDX. Congrats to those who play by the rules, even when they were wrote specifically for you.

BTW - True 2.6 here and I'm in the bottom! Actually stepped down to a 62 for the weekend of SDX.

dual pumps

Last I knew, which of course I understand I'm a little slow at times, but this class was still designed to "appear" stock. Trucks runnin around on the street and then comin in to play. What truck has come from the factory with dual pumps? None. so why allow it? The same reason theres 1" of travel in the suspension, and to be honest I wouldnt exactly vote for allowing weights hanging out front either. I'm all for progress in a class, but how and what ways you allow the growth in the class can kill it just as easy.

I thought you were a 2.5 truck wes?

ohh yeah you dont count either wes.... you from that state down south...:hehe:

Last edited:
Those of you saying stepped chargers, when I refer to a stepped charger I am referring to the cover has a step machined in it. The compressor wheel is untouched. So you can take a 3.0 wheel and basically have a welded in bushing.

Im say it as a stepped wheel, I dont think around here you can have a welded in bushing, cotpc?

Im say it as a stepped wheel, I dont think around here you can have a welded in bushing, cotpc?

How is that? Its the same as a special cover. The bushing is permanent/non removable. Rule says it has to be a billet cover or what?

Last I knew, which of course I understand I'm a little slow at times, but this class was still designed to "appear" stock. Trucks runnin around on the street and then comin in to play. What truck has come from the factory with dual pumps? None. so why allow it? The same reason theres 1" of travel in the suspension, and to be honest I wouldnt exactly vote for allowing weights hanging out front either. I'm all for progress in a class, but how and what ways you allow the growth in the class can kill it just as easy.

well dual cp3 aint stock appering so i say if they allow them to be run we should be able to run AG pumps. only fair :poke: :what: :hehe: :hehe:

I thought you were a 2.5 truck wes?

ohh yeah you dont count either wes.... you from that state down south...:hehe:

i was last year, Our Organizations in KY went to 2.6 so i upgraded. I know, unless the truck is from OH its not in the top.

the dual pumps thing is to make a CR and a Dmax competitive with a 13mm p pump because a single cp3 wont keep up with a 13mm am I right idk thats why i thought they were allowing them now

I agree. 2.6=Single CP3, 2.6 inducer and compressor (wheel must enter inducer bore), no water injection, and 4500 rpm limit. No ag govs either.

the dual pumps thing is to make a CR and a Dmax competitive with a 13mm p pump because a single cp3 wont keep up with a 13mm am I right idk thats why i thought they were allowing them now

I am a p pump guy all the way but I think the guys with a Stage 3 single cp3 can run with those 13mm pumps. Of course you need to have an rpm limit. Set it somewhere between 4200-4500. I think that equals out the playing field. Those 13mm's don't mean squat. No real use for it in the 2.6. Its the rest of the stuff inside that pump is whats needed. Put the same into that 12mm and it will still scream.

I agree. 2.6=Single CP3, 2.6 inducer and compressor (wheel must enter inducer bore), no water injection, and 4500 rpm limit. No ag govs either.

I must say that would probably work I would like to jump up to 2.6 but by the time Id buy a S400 with a stepped cover, dual cp3s, new injectors im alot more money into it and thats no lockers or anything else drivetrain wise if the rules were 2.6 inducer and compressor I could put a silver bullet on it and probably be halfway competitive

Lets go with 3500 rpm limit. Make it interesting?

Leave it to a CR dodge guy to propose that. LOL.

If dual cp3s aren't allowed, I'd bet all my money it would be a p-pump dominated class. Except for wes wade. :D

Everyone knows how to make a tach read less than what the engine is turning... This will only change the complaining from turbo's to rpm's after next years event...

Single cp3, no ag gov, 2.6 no bushing, must protrude, 4500 rpm limit, solid blocked suspension, allow weights.

Simple enough.

Last edited:
How are they gonna enforce an RPM rule? Make everyone free rev in the pits?:hehe:

I have heard of making everyone run a standard tach pickup with wires to the back of the truck that can plug into the sled so the sled driver can watch the RPM, but I dont really see that happening.

Eric

Back