top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
I think what he means is allow trucks to run solid blocked, with the blocks being easily removable. The one inch travel rule that is in place now with some organizations is BS. As soon as you tighten the chain up its going to be sittin on the suspension blocks any way. I would rather run solid blocked with 25 inch hitch height, than run 26 inch with 1 inch of travel. It just makes it easier to set the truck up and helps eliminate the chance of bouncing.
Yeah, what he said.
Or no blocks at all and ensure that its street trucks pulling. Then force the guys that are actual pullers to go pull with the 2.8 class.
So to be an actual puller you have to run a 2.8 charger? The workstock class is for "street trucks" now. I think a 2.4" rule should go with that class as well, but for now, its limited to stock charger.
No I completely understand. But it WILL keep someone with 600-800 from people though won't it? How many true street trucks do you see pulling in and putting bump stops in? Not many at all. I'm just saying it will leave that class for the "street" trucks. Not the competitive sled puller. That will force them to run 2.8 with dedicated/competitive sled pullers.
I drive with my bumpstops in everywhere I go. Have for three years now, even towing. That's the beauty of "adjustable" bumpstops. Enginuity can go a long way in even the simplest of add ons.

How many true street trucks do you see pulling in and putting bump stops in? Not many at all.

Been doing it for 3 years. Drive to the pull with a cab full of people, set the truck up, pull in two classes, take it apart and drive home.

You know all the reasons why... and why everyone should.

Been doing it for 3 years. Drive to the pull with a cab full of people, set the truck up, pull in two classes, take it apart and drive home.

You know all the reasons why... and why everyone should.

Yes, I have seen him do it! I don't know if he can count this year though, I haven't seen him much this year.

Yes, I have seen him do it! I don't know if he can count this year though, I haven't seen him much this year.

Yeah, but I have only beat you once and that was because you had a little fluid leak!

I bet you can't pull a tandem dual grossing 31K down the interstate for a couple hours with your sled pulling truck though. ;)

I have drove in, adjusted my bumpstops down and pulled at almost every pull this year except for the ones that were more than an hour away. Thats only been about 4 or 5 times out of 25 or so hooks. Its dumb not to solid block, the 1" rule should go away.

But it WILL keep someone with 600-800 from people though won't it?No. My truck sits right around 700 and I USE my truck every day. I haul hay, the backhoe, tractors whatever. There is no good fix. Just have fun and do the best you can with what you have and go on about your business. I was 32nd at Scheid, but im not *****in about Dan winning. He followed the rules so be it. I drew 31 instead of 91, so the track was not as good, oh well that's the luck of the draw. If every track was the same it wouldn't be any fun either. How many people in the top 35 @ scheid had trucks there that they USE everyday, not drive but use. I say if you went and you were able to drive it back on the trailer or drive home then it was a good day.$.02

define a legit 2.6 charger :rules:

X2. I think when people think of "legit" or "true" 2.6 charger they think only an off the shelf 66mm turbo from Industrial Injection or HTT can be legal, and then they whine about "custom" chargers. You can have quite a bit less money in a decent "custom" 2.6 turbo than you can in just an off the shelf unit from one of the popular shops. I personally think that in the 2.6 class that the compressor wheel should protrude into the inducer bore, that way the inducer of the wheel has to be 66mm or under.

X2. I think when people think of "legit" or "true" 2.6 charger they think only an off the shelf 66mm turbo from Industrial Injection or HTT can be legal, and then they whine about "custom" chargers. You can have quite a bit less money in a decent "custom" 2.6 turbo than you can in just an off the shelf unit from one of the popular shops. I personally think that in the 2.6 class that the compressor wheel should protrude into the inducer bore, that way the inducer of the wheel has to be 66mm or under.

What happens when you clip the wheel so it will protrude?? I have seen many 2.6 turbos w/ the wheel clipped. Take a 2.8 clip the wheel, machine the cover and you have a 2.6 that protrudes into the bore. I don't think that rule will help either. IMO I think the 2.6 class should be just like the 2.8 and 3.0 classes. Lots of bad a$$ trucks dedicated to the sport putting on a good show. Let the street trucks or pull in workstock class. :Cheer:

What happens when you clip the wheel so it will protrude?? I have seen many 2.6 turbos w/ the wheel clipped. Take a 2.8 clip the wheel, machine the cover and you have a 2.6 that protrudes into the bore. I don't think that rule will help either. IMO I think the 2.6 class should be just like the 2.8 and 3.0 classes. Lots of bad a$$ trucks dedicated to the sport putting on a good show. Let the street trucks or pull in workstock class. :Cheer:

I agree. 2.6 is no longer a "streetable" class, sure SOME of the 2.6 trucks can be daily drivers but most of them are dedicated pullers and it shows. The workstock class was made for the ones who want to come out and pull yet still be able to drive their trucks. If you made the class a 2.4 class then you would have the guys that couldnt afford the bigger charger upset because there getting beat by guys w a 2.4 charger. $.02

there is no such thing as a 2.6 class 90% of the class is runnin bushed chargers!! there for it has taken all the fun out of this sport. whoever has the most money wins they might as well make it one big a$$ class*bdh*

Pull a delivery valve out and mic the barrel or plunger

Most techs are doing good to check turbos. Do you really think they will take the time to pull the injector lines and the delivery valve? Or do you think that any of the techs would even be competent enough to do so? I know if a tech starts rippin off my injector lines and taking my delivery valves out, I would have a couple things to say to them LOL

Back