top 2.6 truck at schieds?

winning 2.6 truck? state?

• Total voters
They don't enforce the ones they have now. Wonder how many people got checked @ SDX for scatter blankets? I have a feeling there were a few trucks there turning more than 4k. I agree though, free rev or teching it in general would be a joke. Especially on the electronic controlled trucks.

They don't enforce the ones they have now. Wonder how many people got checked @ SDX for scatter blankets? I have a feeling there were a few trucks there turning more than 4k. I agree though, free rev or teching it in general would be a joke. Especially on the electronic controlled trucks.

I dont know about anyone else but i wont ever jus free rev my truck for a tech. Ive jus never been a big fan of jus seeing how far i can rev my motor. I say leave it where its at but i would love for a single cp3 to come into play. That jus gives the p-pumps a huge advantage. I do agree on the true 2.6 rule though. Just my .02

We dont need to be giving the p-pumps any more advantage! Unless we can somehow get as many rpms as you all :evil

limiting fuel is not the answer at all...

you dont need an ag gov to make a 12v or 24 run good.. been beat by a couple this year....

your handy-capin the CR guys.... Mainly the Duramaxes...

we've just got all the rules as close as we have ever had them in all states and organizations.... lets not through that away!!!

the 2.6 class last weekend showed all of us that our rules are keepin us from getting to the 2.8 level... if not a 2.6 truck would have won the 2.6 class...

Schide's rules should change but most rules ARE limiting us like they should

If it must Change lets start with the turbo rules and go from there... go with Tec-able changes like making the wheel pertrude, and mybe an exducer rule like 100mm again...we had that in ohio and it was not that bad to tec...

Dan and Scott Winning showed us that our "CHEATER" turbos must not be the same as a bushing turbo and that they might not be a CHEATER as some may think... our limits in the 2.6 aparently are LIMITING us better than some may think

Thats me shortend Rant....$.02

Im glad one Duramax guy has courage! :poke: :rockwoot::Cheer::clap:

Quit mopeing around..:poke:. you got beat by 2 of the best 2.8 trucks in the country so there is no shame in that....any other spots you lossed might have been different on another day, track, or pass..... you've been beat before... and won before:bow:...

so no need to start a internet snowball about changing the rules:badidea: we are just askin for 45 different sets of rules and no organization

no one is skared:evil, Mark knows any change will make him alot more money.... mainly Dino time and changing all the :bow:Danvill built trucks around to fit the new rules...

Quit mopeing around..:poke:. you got beat by 2 of the best 2.8 trucks in the country so there is no shame in that....any other spots you lossed might have been different on another day, track, or pass..... you've been beat before... and won before:bow:...

so no need to start a internet snowball about changing the rules:badidea: we are just askin for 45 different sets of rules and no organization

no one is skared:evil, Mark knows any change will make him alot more money.... mainly Dino time and changing all the :bow:Danvill built trucks around to fit the new rules...

Count backwards Evan! 10......9.......8.......7........6...........5........4..........3........2.........1.............woosaaa ........wooosaaa :hehe:

We or should i just say I aint trying to change any rules. well any organizations rules, just Scheids. Nopefully Dan Scheid takes notes of this. And i was just Picking at Mark. I dont think anyone one is going to vote in a rpm limit that wouldnt benifit one more than the other.

I think what we have now as far as rules are the best they have been (NADM, NKTPA, COTPA, BOB, ITPA) for a long time. Allows for traveling between states with minimal changes such as weights or such. im trying to get all the local fairs in KY to use either one of our pulling series rules just for uniformity.

I understand that it takes quite a bit to compete in the class, but as far as built motors, depends on what you call built and it depends on your brand of choice as well. Motorsports, well just diesels in general arent cheap and its part of it, or any motorsports event. We have tried to start the workstock class here locally for beginners

you dont need an ag gov to make a 12v or 24 run good.. been beat by a couple this year....

we've just got all the rules as close as we have ever had them in all states and organizations.... lets not through that away!!!

the 2.6 class last weekend showed all of us that our rules are keepin us from getting to the 2.8 level... if not a 2.6 truck would have won the 2.6 class...

If it must Change lets start with the turbo rules and go from there... go with Tec-able changes like making the wheel pertrude, and mybe an exducer rule like 100mm again...we had that in ohio and it was not that bad to tec...

Dan and Scott Winning showed us that our "CHEATER" turbos must not be the same as a bushing turbo and that they might not be a CHEATER as some may think... our limits in the 2.6 aparently are LIMITING us better than some may think

Well Said

Dude, weren't we trying to get things back to "street". Then you throw that in there.

I think what he means is allow trucks to run solid blocked, with the blocks being easily removable. The one inch travel rule that is in place now with some organizations is BS. As soon as you tighten the chain up its going to be sittin on the suspension blocks any way. I would rather run solid blocked with 25 inch hitch height, than run 26 inch with 1 inch of travel. It just makes it easier to set the truck up and helps eliminate the chance of bouncing.

Or no blocks at all and ensure that its street trucks pulling. Then force the guys that are actual pullers to go pull with the 2.8 class.

Or no blocks at all and ensure that its street trucks pulling. Then force the guys that are actual pullers to go pull with the 2.8 class.

Do you WANT people to break? Suspension blocks are good even in a stock class. Plus its not like its a huge modification anyway. Im not in favor at all of solid welded suspensions in the 2.6 class, but I dont see why anyone would have a problem with running the suspension blocked solid as long as the blocks were easily removed.

Do you WANT people to break? Suspension blocks are good even in a stock class. Plus its not like its a huge modification anyway. Im not in favor at all of solid welded suspensions in the 2.6 class, but I dont see why anyone would have a problem with running the suspension blocked solid as long as the blocks were easily removed.

No I completely understand. But it WILL keep someone with 600-800 from people though won't it? How many true street trucks do you see pulling in and putting bump stops in? Not many at all. I'm just saying it will leave that class for the "street" trucks. Not the competitive sled puller. That will force them to run 2.8 with dedicated/competitive sled pullers.

I know several people here locally that like to pull the workstock class and ocassionally 2.6. They are all street driven trucks. They take their bump stops with them to the pull and put them in before they hook.

I know several as well. But the majority don't. IF they are street trucks. Really it doesn't matter I'm just saying to eliminate the issues of street or dedicated puller. Cause dedicated puller wont stick it out there without any blocks. That will keep it to the street guys looking for a sled pulling fix.

How many true street trucks do you see pulling in and putting bump stops in?

First pull of the year, drove 30 miles, bolted in bump stops, hung weights, broke the sh!t out of it. Called buddy to go get a trailer and come get me in the rain at 2am. Sucked. :bang

x2.

Back