Triple turbos.....Lets discuss.

i was toying with the idea of splitting the exaughst before it gets to the big turbo to spool the two small chargers earlyer and then let the exaugst flow into the big charger once the small turbos are spooled.

just a thought...

The two first stage compressors combined are a lot bigger than the single second stage compressor. The setup would make boost quicker by routing the exhaust into the second stage before going into the paralleled stage. Two chargers roughly the same size aren't going to spool faster with each getting half the exhaust drive.

That is going to be an EXTREMELY laggy SOB, but once power comes on and if you have any RPMs left...HOLD THE FAWK ON! I don't want to discourage you from trying it, but what kind of RPM are you expecting those to light?

2500 to 3000 same as were my S595 would lite. we leave the line @ 3000rpm so lagy is not a problem. i have got all the rpm you can ask for.

I forgot you are running a non-CR 24 valve, rpms are NOT an issue! hehe

Not trying to be a smart ass, but do you go thru alot of converters because of the time it takes to spool the turbos at the line, or is it just a matter of finding the right converter that works with the turbo setup? When the wastegate was screwed up on my 62/71/13SS, I couldn't get more than 4psi at the line...spooling my S474 primary without any help from the top turbo.

Thanks for all the input guys!!! After talking to many folks & hearing iinput I'm still ???? I'm a guy with a little brain that has alot of thinking to do!!lol

John, I saw your car at SEMA...very impressive! Only thing it is missing is TWO stacks out of the hood! :rockwoot:

Guess it's just gonna take a few more people to try out different setups to see what works and what doesn't. I think there's alot of potential!

I forgot you are running a non-CR 24 valve, rpms are NOT an issue! hehe

Not trying to be a smart ass, but do you go thru alot of converters because of the time it takes to spool the turbos at the line, or is it just a matter of finding the right converter that works with the turbo setup? When the wastegate was screwed up on my 62/71/13SS, I couldn't get more than 4psi at the line...spooling my S474 primary without any help from the top turbo.

i have over 100 passes on the converter that i have been using. we burned the front clutchs in the tranny @ bowling green but the converter was OK. i can be @ 20psi in 8 sec (or 4 sec with spray) with our old S480/S595 setup.

The two first stage compressors combined are a lot bigger than the single second stage compressor. The setup would make boost quicker by routing the exhaust into the second stage before going into the paralleled stage. Two chargers roughly the same size aren't going to spool faster with each getting half the exhaust drive.

thanks that clears it up!

Back