Truck won't start after Airdog install

01cummins

I install my Airdog 100 on my truck today and after maybe 4 hours of messing with it, I can not get it to run. I had a Holly Blue on it and it ran just fine before. I didn't prime it like I shoulda on the VP44 so after it woulnd't start, I prime it at the pump and it had plenty of fuel coming out at 17 psi. I tried to start it via gas on a rag and it will start after cranking over for a little bit then idle but it doesn't seem to run off the diesel. I used the factory fuel pickup and there arent any leaks in the system. I seem to put dents in my totaled bed when my truck makes me mad and its got some new additions to it tonight. Anyone have any ideas, I did the key thing and TPS sensor too low came up and something about the torque converter but thats been there awhile, TPS isn't that old too

Have you cracked all the lines and made sure you have fuel there. If not try that. You have fuel out of the airdog right?

Its coming out right before the injection pump, I tried a little bit but its hard to work on it by myself, maybe tomorrow

with the the fuel system being opened while you hooked up the airdog pump, there is quite a bit of air in the system. take a 3/4 wrench and crack loose 1,3,4 injector lines for about 5 to 10 seconds of cranking. Then get out and see if you have fuel laying on the head. If so tighten them up and get in and try it and it should fire up then. You have to get all the air out before it will start.

you need to crack the injector lines at the head and let the vp-44 push the air out of the injector lines. if you have air in the fuel lines and crank it air will get into the injector lines and the injectors become air locked and will not build enough pressure to open and spray the fuel. if you crack three of the fuel lines and crank the engine over a little bit it will work the air out of the injector line.

I tried to bleed the injectors and I only seem to get fuel out of the 5th cylinder after alot of trying, any ideas?

if you get fuel out of the number 5 injector line tighten it up and loosen the other ones and crank it eventually you will get fuel to all the lines. sounds like you have alot of air in the injector lines.

I have cranked it over and over and over but I have no fuel coming out of the other 4. I'm at a point with this truck to just get rid of it.

you have the other 4 lines completely loose and you are cranking it. sometime if you just crack the lines its not enough you have to make sure the lines are loose enough to let the air out. tighten up the ones you are getting fuel out of and loosen the others all the way if you have to.

I almost loosen them up till that fitting comes off , the front one had a little bit of fuel in it when I pull the thing off all the way

thing is some times even if you loosen the fitting all the way the line is still set tight in the crossover tube sometimes you have to pull on the injector line to make sure its not still set int he crossover tube.

crossover tube? do you mean pull the line away from the injector some to help to bleed it?

yes pull the injector line away from the injector. if it has been connected for a long time they tend to seat and have to be separated manually

sorry used to 24v which have the injector under the valve cover with a crossover tube.

its a new Airdog and my gauge is showing 17 psi and I undid the first 5 injector lines one by one and pulled the injector tube away from the injector and cranked it over till fuel was coming out of each one, I tighten them all up but still not luck

it just cranks, will run for a little while off gas fumes, throttle pedal doesn't affect it, has fuel from the tank to the injectors and the return is working, the injection pump seems to be working mechanically, just not electronically

Back