Truck won't start after Airdog install

Possibly.... Why did you replace the holly blue? Vps are very temprimental lil guys and new lps with good pressure have been know to finish pumps off.

well the VP44 has been acting up for awhile and I wanted to get an Airdog on it to maybe help the life of this pump and so when I get a new one, it will have good pressure from day one

the guy who swapped the injection pump is stumped too, I may change the computer out tomorrow and charging the batteries and hoping something will change, I really can't think of what else could be wrong

also I dont know if this sounds weird but in the past when I have tried to run my Holleys off the lift pump circuit with a relay, the truck wouldnt start back up, it would start back up eventually when I would just run it off the ignition

I bet if I put the old computer back on with hooking the lift pump circuit up, it would start, I'll find out tomorrow

It seems like when the lift pump circuit is complete, it does something with the injection pump

You can try swapping the relays around in the underhood fuse box. Also make sure the fuel lines are hooked up correctly on the air dog. Don't ask me how I know, but if you hook up the A.D. return to the injector pump and A.D. engine feed back to the tank, you can get the engine to run intermittently.:bang

well I'm positive the lines are hooked up right, I've had this problem in the past with the Holley pumps, like I hooked them up to the factory wiring via relay and the truck would never start like now until I disconnected it and I was able to get it running faster, it has to be some electrical problem I say, I was told my trucks been cursed since Justin has touched it in the past

Thats crazy. I never had that much trouble when my system has been opened. I changed out my vp and that the hardest time to get it started cause I was by myself. I had a buddy come over and I laid the ether to it while he was cranking. Granting ether isn't good for em but you gotta do what you gotta do. If it will fire off ether it will purge itself of all air.

I did what i said I was gonna do and still no start, checked all the fuses and relays too,

heres what I've done but no luck, I have tried 2 different computers with the lift pump wired off the factory wiring for signal and I have also bypassed the relay for it to run constant, I've tried another TPS sensor, checked all fuses and relays, replaced my injection pump

Its getting fuel all the way to the injections but it hasnt started in three weeks but it did start once and idled but it wouldn't start back up after I turned it off, the only wiring I have messed with is the factory plug for the lift put when I wired up my Airdog and I left all the factory fuel system stuff on there until I tried to start it but it never started

it just wouldn't start after I installed my Airdog, does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be, I've spent around 2000 bucks on it in the past 3 weeks on the fuel system and another $250 on the bed since I was planning to get it running last week, I'm about to give up on this truck again

Why not just run the airdog off a switch in the cab? If it won't start with the wiring harness plug then just bypass it.

I've tried with the factory wiring and just hotwiring it with 2 different computer, its pumping 17 PSI right before the injection pump but it still wont start

hope you find your problem. this might help or not. I had a ve the was acting the same way and what its problem was the draw straw inside the tank. it was a pain in the @ss to get it started but once it was started in was ok and then you shut it off and it would start all over again. there was a hole in the draw straw that rub into it from over the years it might help or not your call. have you tryed pulling codes yet.

Back