Truck won't start after Airdog install

well it has the factory pickup in the tank and its also getting good pressure to the pump too, Only code I get it 1693 when I do the key thing

Just to clarify, it will start with the AD off? Sounds similar to the ruptured diaphragm issue in the VP after installing a Fass or AD. Pull the relay out for the AD and then start it, real quick plug the relay back in. If it runs that way its a ruptured diaphragm, put a hobbs switch on the oil filter mount wired into the AD so that the pump kicks on after it starts.

when it does actually start is i running it self out of fuel? or just turning off? did your truck have the factory lift pump relocated to the tank? Mine was in the tank and i didn't have a fuel pres. gauge on it but when i unpluged the stock lift pump it would run itself out of fuel. i'm assuming it was because lack of fuel pressure, because the fass couldn't draw fuel through that pump. but it may be something to do with having it unhooked, it may tell the vp to stop metering fuel. if yours is in the tank plug it in and let the stock pump run into the AD. I did that on mine for a few months before i put a draw straw in.

it runs just fine when I get it running, drove it around a little bit too, it just stays running till I turn it off, I've never had a tank mounted lift pump, just the factory then a Holley mounted on the frame, I'm gonna get some clear hose and loop it twice by the injection pump to check for air bubble like the dealer said when i went and talked to him yesterday

well I got some 1/2 inch clear tubing and looped it twice right before the injection pump, there are two big air bubbles on the top of the loops and when I hot wire the pump, I try and bleed it at the injection pump but they don't go away, you think theres a leak maybe somewhere and its causing it not to start? the airdog should be find and I blew in the pickup tube in the tank and it didnt leak but there may be something else

it ran just fine, I took the intake fuel unit out, I am thinking about getting a jeep liberty one to replace it

Ready to see the truck yet?! Also if you wanna go with a Liberty setup call Chris a HDR Diesel and he'll hook you up with a fully modded and drop in ready to go system.

I took the fuel tank off and the module looks just fine, I drained the tank with the airdog and looped the clear line and there were no bubbles in the line, the fuel stayed in the line when I turned the airdog off unlike when it did when it was hooked to the truck

it seems like no one seems to have an idea of whats going on, my dad and I think like the injection pump doesnt seem to wanna take the fuel because it doesn't seem to flow much through the clear tube when it cranks over, the guy who replaced the injection pump may truck may hook up something inline with the pump to see if its getting signal

Well if the truck ran totally fine before you started the airdog install, it has to be something you have done or tinkered with, It cant just go to chit sitting there, go back and look over all the wiring, it sounds to me like the ecm is not communicating with the fuel system, sounds like the airdog is working fine with 17psi, but is it just priming the system and not seeing that the truck ia running? I think its electrical, you changed computers, it worked good for a little while, have you called airdog, maybe your harness from them has a flaw, if you have fuel to the pump, and fuel to the injectors it will run, Did you make sure everything is good on the vp? is it plugged in?

Thats what i thought but it still has factory in tank pickup, i have seen this problem at 1/4 tank, with ad draw straw

I tried this and there was barely any change in voltage, maybe a volt

this is off Bluechip Diesel

OR........the best way to be sure the VP 44 is getting battery voltage, is to verify that there is battery voltage to the removable plug on the injection pump. Remove plug and hold it so it looks like a smiley face. The bottom right pin is #7, batter voltage. The bottom left pin is#6, ground. Be sure to verify voltage during the “start” function of the ignition switch as well as the “run” position.

I can hear the pump running, does anyone know the voltage that those two pins should show, should it be 12 volts?

well I installed the Jeep Liberty module in the fuel tank and fuel stays in the clear line unlike it did with the factory module so i say thats a good sign but it still doesnt start

well alot of you'll may think I'm stupid for what I'm about to say but here it goes, Well I found where to two wires for my computer go together and fixed that short but I didnt know 5 pole relays control two different things, in short, the relay for my fuel system was half bad and I didn't check it since my fuel pump work, well 3 weeks, 1600 bucks later, truck is fixed

Back