Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I only had one truck with flex air and put less than 20K on it but I think I liked the low air leaf better but IDK why, probably because I put a million miles on the other one and just didn't know any better.

A lot of the way a truck drives has to do with tight bushing, good shocks and a decent alignment, oh and wheelbase makes a huge difference

The size of the feeding airline has some input as well, just switching to larger fittings and airlines on a AG100 can take a lot of the harshness out of the ride.

I need another gear, coach!!
ezubujyv.jpg

Boo ABS light

From my Not-So-Smart phone

A lot of the way a truck drives has to do with tight bushing, good shocks and a decent alignment, oh and wheelbase makes a huge difference

Bought this old girl with 500K drove it to 1.5 million never aligned it only did one bushing and that was because I broke a spring and put on 2 set's of shocks. But it was a complete tar baby with a 272" wheel base.
pete4.jpg

pete3-1.jpg

pete2.jpg

Was that axle center line to axle center line, doesn't look nearly as long as some 270" trucks. Having the tool box in there makes it not look so long. I like it.

The size of the feeding airline has some input as well, just switching to larger fittings and airlines on a AG100 can take a lot of the harshness out of the ride.

Bingo, the 8 bag in my 07 with HUGE air lines rides unbelievably better than a mid 90's 8 bag with smaller feed lines

Bought this old girl with 500K drove it to 1.5 million never aligned it only did one bushing and that was because I broke a spring and put on 2 set's of shocks. But it was a complete tar baby with a 272" wheel base.
pete4.jpg

pete3-1.jpg

pete2.jpg

That aluminum needs some love! The colors are awesome though

Any one got any experience with the big allison autos. I think I may have found a HT750 that has all the parts to bolt it to my big cam in my cabover.

I worked mechanic for Detroit Allison dealer for 5 years.

What do you want to know about the ht750?

Last edited:
Low airleaf sucks, they're worse than the old kw 8 bag but the flexair is 100x better.

Right on. So Flexair is the one to watch out for. I will plumb it with big gear too.

That said, anyone spots one for sale can let me know I'd appreciate that.

That aluminum needs some love! The colors are awesome though

Yeah those are the only pictures left of the old girl, I had all the aluminum acid washed to polish it up to sell her, but it never got done. I had it on CL for 24 hours and a man from Valentine NE drove up North and picked her up, worst mistake I have made was selling that ride.

Was that axle center line to axle center line, doesn't look nearly as long as some 270" trucks. Having the tool box in there makes it not look so long. I like it.

Yeah it looks shorter but with big tanks, boxes and the fender brackets fill the frame up. Those WTI fender brackets and fenders take up about 8-10" of space. Damn I miss that truck.

I worked mechanic for Detroit Allison dealer for 5 years.

What do you want to know about the ht750?

Just curious if one could be setup to have a manual lockup, and how much abuse can one of them take. Would it hold up behind a 700hp big cam.

Also what is the deal with the ratio that is associated with the torque converter.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to put this in a truck, C-18 with "the twins". This is the power plant in our Bandit chipper and she's a BAD B!TCH!!!!

093_zpsea11d1cd.jpg

Back