Truckers, lets see your rigs!

c8eddbe86323a7b2586ef7a93affa1c8.jpg

f1902831bfab11b51aff6e2f6f737eaa.jpg

0005db6e7ad75c582fb42b0b08c90c2c.jpg

2f91e438eb9000e3fd4b4c1b6ed4e3ef.jpg

My old kenworth dressed up in her new clothes with more wheelbase and an extra axle

The one I drive now will be lookin just like that here pretty soon if all goes well haha.

b3fd64081635f963cfc7e6a4b95e6e5b.jpg

Don't do this

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Don't worry, I'll shake it down before I try and tarp, not my first rodeo.

I ran all night tonight after almost hanging it up at the Oklahoma line cause I had a bad feeling about this (and possibly another reason). Decided to push through, and what do you know?! Make it to Tulsa and BAM! Their directions are wrong. Luckily I've ran into 2 other guys hauling the same crane (pieces) I am and he can't figure it out either. At least for once I know it wasn't me.
The joys of trucking...
And a picture cause it's a picture thread.
d7f3765bc9c02c1dbf6d4e0fd1791f88.jpg

Google maps has saved my butt more than once.

Google maps has saved my butt more than once.

No address... Just their directions titled "lay down yard". I have nothing to go off of. I think I'm across the street from where I belong. Which of its true, 2 pieces of their directions were wrong.

No address... Just their directions titled "lay down yard". I have nothing to go off of. I think I'm across the street from where I belong. Which of its true, 2 pieces of their directions were wrong.
Lol. Good luck

Pulls great. Trying my best to get some fuel mileage out of it so we just take it easy.
The pyro also isn't reading right, I don't think they know that. Therefore I'm careful especially without an air to air.
Motor isn't pretty at all so no point in taking pics in there lol.

No videos or nothin lol. These stacks really tame it down.

How does this engine compare to a newer electronic Cat? I've always been curious to experience the difference. Run relatively the same HP and same load.

The guy I bought my FL from a friend of mine that replaced it with a Peterbilt 389 with a C12. Its rated at around the same HP but has a little bit more torque. He says the C12 would run circles around the B. Just curious to know how well the B would stack up a big displacement electronic Cat.

I feel this ones pretty stout.
From my memory it pulls better than the blue truck I was in.
However with all that being said, I try to be pretty easy on this one on account of fuel mileage.
The red 6nz truck probably pulled better if you didn't care about mileage but if you had someone breathing down your neck about it all the time it didn't pull any better than this one does.
With this truck if you wanna pull the hill, just mash down on it. Lol I try to keep my boost down around 20 ish though as a general rule of thumb.

How does this engine compare to a newer electronic Cat? I've always been curious to experience the difference. Run relatively the same HP and same load.

The guy I bought my FL from a friend of mine that replaced it with a Peterbilt 389 with a C12. Its rated at around the same HP but has a little bit more torque. He says the C12 would run circles around the B. Just curious to know how well the B would stack up a big displacement electronic Cat.

There is no comparison, the E will eat the B alive pound for pound. Friend is pulling a B out of a 359 and putting Acert in. The B puts 600hp to the ground but still won't pull like an E.

An E will always have more workable hp. Lot broader rpm range as well in my opinion.

That blue truck I was in was sick... But nobody would ever listen to me.

I just like running mechanical motors lol. This is my first over the road experience with a mechanical though. And it's been a whole 2 weeks so my opinion may change.

My dream is to have an E swapped 359 for sure. Best of everything.

There is no comparison, the E will eat the B alive pound for pound. Friend is pulling a B out of a 359 and putting Acert in. The B puts 600hp to the ground but still won't pull like an E.

This is kind of what I figured. Plus there is much more reliable power in an electronic Cat vs a mechanical.

Oh... Pics or GTFO

LOL

Not a snowman's chance in hell I'd ever go back to a high HP mechanical motor after spending a year in a tuned Acert, that damn thing would pull the tar off the road. Even my 6NZ with the "old" no emission 2WS 550 computer doesn't pull anywhere close to as hard as that acert with the bullydog set on kill.

I don't think I'd call this mechanical high hp. Someone has been into it but I don't think it's high lol
If it's high hp for a mechanical, then it's a very obvious deduction how far technology has got us.

I don't think I'd call this mechanical high hp. Someone has been into it but I don't think it's high lol
If it's high hp for a mechanical, then it's a very obvious deduction how far technology has got us.

I'm not sure you can call any working mechanical Cat high horsepower this day in age. Especially when you've got engines rated at 600 hp from the factory.

I think it's obvious how far engine technology has come. Let's face it mechanical engines are dinosaurs! HP is cheap with an electronic engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back