Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Those are outside frame convert a hoppers. I think I'd be real scared with an outside frame trailer and coils because all the weight would be on the crossmembers.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking after googling them and looking at how they're designed and setup. I'll have to give them a closer look in person this week when I'm at the yard.

Those are outside frame convert a hoppers. I think I'd be real scared with an outside frame trailer and coils because all the weight would be on the crossmembers.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
This

Yeah I remember your truck from Fonda.

We do a lot of pulling in Western NY. Whitney Point is about as far east as we go any more. We haven't been to Fonda in a few years. Next season we plan to go to the Buck, in Pa at least once.

But yeah get ahold of me closer to the season.

Does Washington County do a pull anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sir. 2014 was the last year. Only like 6 or 8 trucks showed. Fonda is it. Kinda why I would like to go west. Even if the travel is a bit far

No sir. 2014 was the last year. Only like 6 or 8 trucks showed. Fonda is it. Kinda why I would like to go west. Even if the travel is a bit far

How many places you pull that let you hook that high with the chain extension?

5d8cfb46e8ae1f06489da7c285bb2e69.jpg

b383c53c75223224bbce041cec6fed9c.jpg

I F***ing love this truck.

Hell no! It's for sale even, 56k and she's yours, 18 speed with 3.33 rears.....that ol girl would easily double that Oregon speed limit :D

I've been watching that thing get plastered all over Facebook and I've yet to see it be worth the price tag.

Ah that's too bad. My dad and I always wanted to go to that pull. We had all intentions of going this past summer but didn't see it on the events schedule. That's disappointing...

I don't know how far you're planning on going. We pull along with a tractor club out of the Buffalo area. Most of the pulls are out that way. Being from Manchester it is right around a two hour ride for us to almost every pull. But we will have one for sure and may be two in Canandaigua this coming season.

Ah that's too bad. My dad and I always wanted to go to that pull. We had all intentions of going this past summer but didn't see it on the events schedule. That's disappointing...

I don't know how far you're planning on going. We pull along with a tractor club out of the Buffalo area. Most of the pulls are out that way. Being from Manchester it is right around a two hour ride for us to almost every pull. But we will have one for sure and may be two in Canandaigua this coming season.

Keep your classes in check, heard of a place dropping the class because trucks were too hot to be ran under the level of insurance required for street trucks, so instead of upping the insurance to cover the trucks they dropped the class.

Keep your classes in check, heard of a place dropping the class because trucks were too hot to be ran under the level of insurance required for street trucks, so instead of upping the insurance to cover the trucks they dropped the class.

I am not sure if you're talking the Promoters having the insurance or the Club having the insurance. But our club purchases their own insurance for all of the classes. I'm surprised our club still keeps insurance. They got rid of an air shut off requirement and a clutch blanket requirement across the board.

I doubt we'll lose the class to insurances. We'll lose the class because guys won't agree on rules. I know same problems everywhere, but when you're class is made up of 8 trucks, losing one or two is fatal.

How many places you pull that let you hook that high with the chain extension?

Just that one. Only cause the hitch was non adjustable. Most others have adjustable hitches. Even then it wasnt too aweful high, the truck sits relaively low. Trust me, theyre woulda been a protest

What's the deal with Western trailers and coils? We have one or two Westerns at work among other trailers but I've never pulled either of them.
They're claim to fame is the empty weight which is fine but other companies make light versions and heavy versions. Western only makes the light ones, when we talked to them a few years ago they bragged about their concentrated load capacity on the Elite inside frame flat as being like 60k in 20'. An average flat like a Wilson Premier is 50k in 10'. A Reitnouer "Big Bubba" is 60K in 4', The "Bigger Bubba" is 72K in 4' which is the same as the East MMX. Where Mac offers the light weight one that's 52K in 4' all the way to 80K in 4' on a normal 10' spread 2 axle. If you get 5 or more axles they up them to 100k in 4'. And they will do things no one else will do, like triple air bags per axle from the factory.

I got this in a news letter from Wilson in November. Someone somewhat copied the inside frame hopper flat we built a long time ago.
attachment.php

attachment.php

WE ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING THIS COMBO HOPPER FLAT IN WESTERN CANADA. IT OFFERS CENTER BEAM DESIGN FOR COIL HAULING ABILITY. WE WILL BE PRODUCING IN A SUPER B TRAIN VERSION SOON.

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 0
Just that one. Only cause the hitch was non adjustable. Most others have adjustable hitches. Even then it wasnt too aweful high, the truck sits relaively low. Trust me, theyre woulda been a protest

We were told originally when the height dropped was because an issue with insurance and the chain extension that had to be used when we pulled off of a straight bar off of the fifth wheel.

Went to a pull last year were the sled guy wanted trucks hooked with an extension like the one in your video but on 20" height, he said it made the trucks easier to stop since his sled was an older small one. Guess safety only matters when it works with the sled operator.

I am not sure if you're talking the Promoters having the insurance or the Club having the insurance. But our club purchases their own insurance for all of the classes. I'm surprised our club still keeps insurance. They got rid of an air shut off requirement and a clutch blanket requirement across the board.

I doubt we'll lose the class to insurances. We'll lose the class because guys won't agree on rules. I know same problems everywhere, but when you're class is made up of 8 trucks, losing one or two is fatal.

Your club doesn't put on every pull that you attend though, correct?

We were told originally when the height dropped was because an issue with insurance and the chain extension that had to be used when we pulled off of a straight bar off of the fifth wheel.

Went to a pull last year were the sled guy wanted trucks hooked with an extension like the one in your video but on 20" height, he said it made the trucks easier to stop since his sled was an older small one. Guess safety only matters when it works with the sled operator.

I can see where the longer chain would help a smaller sled stop the trucks. The truck isn't carrying the pan off the ground so much.

There is a guy that pulls around that his suspension grows 6-8" as soon as he lets the clutch out and doesn't go back down until they unhook his truck from the sled. He is carrying the the front pan off the ground, even after the box tops out.

Your club doesn't put on every pull that you attend though, correct?

Not every. But a vast majority. I think we went to 12 pulls last year and all but 2 were with our club.

Our club sanctions the pulls but the firemen or the fair convention promotes the pull.

There is a guy that pulls around that his suspension grows 6-8" as soon as he lets the clutch out and doesn't go back down until they unhook his truck from the sled. He is carrying the the front pan off the ground, even after the box tops out.

Lol, that hand valve can be used for so many better things than trailer brakes! Using it to lock front brakes for burnouts is one, overcharging front drive axle bags is another. :hehe:

Lol, that hand valve can be used for so many better things than trailer brakes! Using it to lock front brakes for burnouts is one, overcharging front drive axle bags is another. :hehe:

Oh I am well aware. Its funny how they'll blame it on the suspension of the truck but as soon as a rule is made about suspensions, they want to complain the rest of us are a bunch of cheaters and leave the club.

Once I get my air liner suspension on, two can play at that game....

Pretty large 359 from a couple weeks ago on the Mass Pike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back