Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Gotta grab my pup trailer in SLC utah, get a load of road salt in Ogden utah, and head for home

Got the hell out of Cali! Steppin hard for the yard now!
y2yhenu3.jpg

You ain't steppin hard enough until that orange needle is layin in the bottom of the gauge bro! LOL

Then my tach needle would be on "20" and C-15's don't like that mark lol

I was down again Wednesday for another drive axle seal! 86k and that's 2 down within 2 months. Wish I would've had time to change the others out for the 1 piece seals! Cheap junk 2 piece seals Paccar is using these days, probably made in China! On a good note though, 2 of my drive brake drums are rust free! LOL

When I get a new trans here pretty soon the boss is putting an 18 double over in it to help with my RPM at 70+

Just an 18 over

If its newer than mid 90's its a pretty steep od already. 4th in the main is od and the split is under and direct. It works out to .86 and .73 in the top 2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:
Ill make this part of my intro, This is my baby, and she really likes the PDI tune :)

dda86619.jpg

9D289D41-2D03-4144-B610-33158FACE589-3821-000001FBDFE27749_zps4501ba16.jpg

Last edited:
You ain't steppin hard enough until that orange needle is layin in the bottom of the gauge bro! LOL

Here's an example. 96 mph according to the gps.

[ame="http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/d21067/media/063.jpg.html"]063.jpg Photo by d21067 | Photobucket[/ame]
Engine is governed to 2350, I'm too afraid to find out what kind of mph@2350 in top gear.

Can't get the picture to work right for some reason.

Last edited:
That sir is a fine lookin wagon.
More details!

Not much else to tell. Started its life off as C15 475hp acert with an 18speed. That wasn't cutting it so not knowing much I took it to Cat and had them uprate to 550hp. Did bump the boost up to 50+psi but still felt pretty gutless. Started my scouring of the internet looking for next mod to do. After hours & hours of reading I shimmed the Fuel transfer pump and did the fuel temp sensor mod. That made good bit of difference. I really got hooked and finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a PDI stage one tune. I actually wanted to do the stage 2 but they asked me to just try the stage 1 and if I wanted more then come back. Needless to say I haven't felt the need to go back for more. It turned it into a completely different truck. I made a run up thru Tennessee and Kentucky up-to Ohio pulling similar trailer to the one in the pic, grossing 75k and never dropped below 70mph on the hills :)

Next on the list is an Airdog200 and maybe injector & turbo upgrade. Still researching looking for best route to go..

Last edited:
Shimming the transfer pump.....tell me about this :D I'm curious......I've got a 550 acert uprated to 600 with a resistor in it

Shimming the transfer pump.....tell me about this :D I'm curious......I've got a 550 acert uprated to 600 with a resistor in it

All depends on what transfer pump you have, on mine I just took the 5/8 hex head plug out that holds the spring in. Cut a little stainless bolt( cant remember exact size of bolt I used) about 3/16in long and put it back it between the 5/8 hex plug and the spring. You check pressure when your done. They say to not go over 120psi at 2100 rpm(idle up to check it). Mine was 110psi at 1800rpm so I called it good.

If yours has an allen head then you can get the updated spring from Cat that will bump it between 100-110psi.

How fast the big trucks can run legally in US?

In Europe the limiter is at 87kmph, approx 55 mph

How fast the big trucks can run legally in US?

In Europe the limiter is at 87kmph, approx 55 mph

Depends on the state, in the Midwest its the same as cars, 70-75. Most of the western states have split speeds, Oregon is 55, same as California.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Back