Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Good for you. I feel like I am in a tunnel sitting in them. I sure like how they look though! W900s are the same way.

I worked in a front discharge concrete truck for a week and test drove it everyday. Like a 359 you can put one arm out each window on a nice day, it wasn’t bad.

I’m betting I’ll have to wait till/if Cody logs on… OR8785’s are a bad idea on a B model pump correct?

Those are still lower pop pressure.

So I need to pull them and put 3421’s in it? Assuming the IPD kits have a true 7fb piston design I guess, as I’ve not ever been able to find any info on them. I technically have 7w7031’s but same difference.

Also assuming that’s part of my smoke issue as all of the info I’ve ever ran across is they’re just a smokey setup.

I may regret it, but I think I’m gonna loosen the advance up just a touch. Move the advance start down to 1000-1150 instead of the 1250 area with the bigger nozzles.

Last edited:
On edit: I’m thinking backwards. If they’re low pressure they’re fine with the B pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I need to pull them and put 3421’s in it? Assuming the IPD kits have a true 7fb piston design I guess, as I’ve not ever been able to find any info on them. I technically have 7w7031’s but same difference.

Also assuming that’s part of my smoke issue as all of the info I’ve ever ran across is they’re just a smokey setup.

I may regret it, but I think I’m gonna loosen the advance up just a touch. Move the advance start down to 1000-1150 instead of the 1250 area with the bigger nozzles.

Need Leiffi’s super euro tuner to help you, probably got some Volvo parts that would make it put down some wicked euro kilowatts and some shaft twisting newton meters.

Need Leiffi’s super euro tuner to help you, probably got some Volvo parts that would make it put down some wicked euro kilowatts and some shaft twisting newton meters.

All while making fuel instead of burning it. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They flow slightly more than a 3421, maybe 7%.

The are the same pop pressure as a 3421, even though they are a 87XX series nozzle they did not get the high pop pressure.

They flow slightly more than a 3421, maybe 7%.

The are the same pop pressure as a 3421, even though they are a 87XX series nozzle they did not get the high pop pressure.

Thanks Cody. I appreciate it. I’ll leave them alone and maybe just try to get it dialed in a touch better.

Wonder if they still have the nitrous and shit he used to try and hide.

I'm unsure about that topic......but I do know after seeing his trucks in person they ran extremely well.

I did notice in 2019 there was a driver in the Bandit Series named Tim Ashley. Is that a coincidence or is it the same guy?

I'm unsure about that topic......but I do know after seeing his trucks in person they ran extremely well.

I did notice in 2019 there was a driver in the Bandit Series named Tim Ashley. Is that a coincidence or is it the same guy?

The 359 had been caught on video purging something out of the headlight.

Not sure, just know that there was a bunch of fuckery going on when he was pulling with battle of the bluegrass, even one of the sled operators was accused of doing some shady shit at one of the pulls in the semi class to competitors.

The 359 had been caught on video purging something out of the headlight.

Not sure, just know that there was a bunch of fuckery going on when he was pulling with battle of the bluegrass, even one of the sled operators was accused of doing some shady shit at one of the pulls in the semi class to competitors.

I remember him from the BOB pulls when I was following those pretty hard. I knew he had some run ins with the other competitors and was generally not liked. It seemed like he was going strong with several trucks, then just disappeared.

I remember him from the BOB pulls when I was following those pretty hard. I knew he had some run ins with the other competitors and was generally not liked. It seemed like he was going strong with several trucks, then just disappeared.

He made a deal with the guy that was running BOB at the time to show every pull to try and help them with something to do with being on TV, there was a big falling out when he decided he didn’t want to run against competitive trucks and sleds set to stop them.

He made a deal with the guy that was running BOB at the time to show every pull to try and help them with something to do with being on TV, there was a big falling out when he decided he didn’t want to run against competitive trucks and sleds set to stop them.

He was on Tom McConnell’s reality tv show Hooked on Dirt for a few episodes. I think there may have been 8 episodes or so in total. I hadn’t really thought of him in a long while, until I saw the truck come up for sale. I figured it had to be one of his.

Well I’ve about hit the end of my abilities. I’ve done my best to learn and diagnose it myself but I’m about done.

I’m still not getting hardly any advance. Everything seemed to be in correct working order to me, so unless it has an incorrect part in it (spool or something), it’s likely my low oil pressure that’s causing it I guess. I’d surely bet it carry’s enough to operate the advance correctly but idk. IMG_8044.jpg
IMG_8045.jpg

Well I’ve about hit the end of my abilities. I’ve done my best to learn and diagnose it myself but I’m about done.

I’m still not getting hardly any advance. Everything seemed to be in correct working order to me, so unless it has an incorrect part in it (spool or something), it’s likely my low oil pressure that’s causing it I guess. I’d surely bet it carry’s enough to operate the advance correctly but idk. View attachment 77029
View attachment 77030

How are the quad rings looking?

Might just be a good idea to re seal it.

How are the quad rings looking?

Might just be a good idea to re seal it.

They seemed to be fine to me. I’m gonna pull the pan and shim the retainer as nobody ever did it or updated it once they swapped to dual oilers from what I can track down. Then I’ll pull it again and reseal it I guess.

The only part I didn’t disassemble was behind the snap ring. Refresh my memory on what is behind there…

Friend of mine picked up this truck a few weeks ago. It was originally built in Wyoming Iowa and has sat in Lawrenceburg IN for the past roughly 25 years. He plans to get it running, fix it up and take it to shows/parades. It measure 12’ 6” to the top of the stacks. I included the last pic for reference of what she looked like in her glory days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 333B7F99-8BBA-4EAD-88D0-17ED803AC26E.jpg
    333B7F99-8BBA-4EAD-88D0-17ED803AC26E.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AD53561F-0C52-4375-BFAE-873359038EE6.jpg
    AD53561F-0C52-4375-BFAE-873359038EE6.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 89D2B215-A7E7-45B2-B8E6-2F0FC21CF195.jpg
    89D2B215-A7E7-45B2-B8E6-2F0FC21CF195.jpg