Udc results: Dyno/fuel mileage/daily driving/racing

I have a few different dodges, I am addicted to diesel fuel!! I have tried lots of different combinations of things. The truck I was thinking about is the one in my avatar, I am looking to make it more streetable definatly lower smoke with out sacrificing HP. I have always felt that there is hp hiding in my early 04 programming.

Do you write tunes for people?

Justin

Yes sir I write tunes for people. Email me at gecoveyc@yahoo.com please

So can we fuel past 4k with this

The high RPM control is in the actual smarty device you use not in the UDC software. You can fine tune the RPM range up to I believe 3500RPM but it will carrry your highest settings through your RPM band. If you have SSR, yoiu can set the RPM limiter to over 5,000RPM if you want (I've never set mine over 4500 because I don't have the fuel for over 3900-4000) If you have an S06 you can adjust your RPM limiter if you have the TNT software on your smarty.

I have the s-06 tnt-r so I guess I would still be limited to 4100 rpm. Do we have to mess with any of the ssr settings besides rev limiter with the udc? Thanks

I have the s-06 tnt-r so I guess I would still be limited to 4100 rpm. Do we have to mess with any of the ssr settings besides rev limiter with the udc? Thanks

Yes that would be correct. With UDC there will be no need to purchase an SSR unless you want the extra features (higher timing allowance, higher RPM limiter control, wastegate control, and a couple other small things), other than that you can get the same results and custom tunes through your S-06. All you need to do is purchase a UDC dongle and start writing tunes or have someone write you tunes through your S06.

If you would like more information about getting a UDC dongle or some custom tunes, shoot me an email at gecoveyc@yahoo.com and I'll get you setup. :Cheer:

So is this more like the tuning EFI live offers for the d-max, except not completely on their level yet?

If I ever get rid of my dinosaur for a CR I think I know where I will be coming for my tunes

Last edited:
So is this more like the tuning EFI live offers for the d-max, except not completely on their level yet?

If I ever get rid of my dinosaur for a CR I think I know where I will be coming for my tunes

Yes sir it give you close to the same capabilites as EFI live. It is custom tuning just like EFI live just a lot easier to use because it's not near as complicated. The result capabilities are almost identical so far. We just can't really compare UDC on the 03-05s to EFI live becaue EFI live is not available on our trucks but it is the same concepts just not quite as detailed.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm here to help out.

Anybody interested in either having remote tuning done or helping guys with remote tuning, Brian is working on an detailed instruction sheet for it and should have it ready for you guys pretty quick. It helps simplify a lot of the questions you guys have had about having someone else write tunes for your truck.

Couple of noob questions...
why is the torque curve not as straight as possible?
on torque curve is torque % the same as throttle position?

The torque curve affects the low rpm fueling, and/or throttle sensitivity. It depends solely on the driving style and preferences of the person in the truck. Mine is designed to minimize smoke and eliminate the jumpiness of the throttle.

By having it really low in the lower regions helps control the smoke and sensitivity of the throttle. There are people that run with a more linear torque map. This is just my personal preference and what works best on my truck.

Yes sir it give you close to the same capabilites as EFI live. It is custom tuning just like EFI live just a lot easier to use because it's not near as complicated. The result capabilities are almost identical so far. We just can't really compare UDC on the 03-05s to EFI live becaue EFI live is not available on our trucks but it is the same concepts just not quite as detailed.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm here to help out.

you clearly have never tuned efi live..lol *bdh*

you clearly have never tuned efi live..lol *bdh*

I tune with EFI live every day boss. I'm just not immature and naive enough to think it is the only product on the market that can produce those results. You can get the same resultswith MCC as well. Does EFI give us the capabilities to fine tune a little further with access to more maps.....sure....but as far as overall results, I'd put UDC against EFI live any day. The whole "EFI LIVE IS THE ONLY PRODUCT WORTH USING IN THE WORLD AND IF YOU DON'T USE IT YOU ARE STUPID AND INFERIOR" that everyone on here lives by is childish to say the least. :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

I support EFI, UDC, and MCC equally through my shop and business, and until you or someone else directly shows me and the rest of the world a direct benefit of one over the other then I will continue to treat them as equals and you can take your bandwagon on down the road to someone who cares. :cheer:

As soon as I find a built 06-07 5.9 truck within driving range to test with, I will get these UDC vs. EFI results for you and everyone else because I know no one else will.

I read his comments and it pissed me off a bit, but then I told myself ahh he must know you and was messing with you cause nobody could be that ignorant.. I guess there is.. Maybe he's been a EFI tuner before you was born Gecovey lol..

Posted Using a NEXUS 7 - 2005 - HE351/A5K - ARP - Arson lll - 70HP Nozzles - Smarty UDC Custom Tuned

Last edited:
I read his comments and it pissed me off a bit, but then I told myself ahh he must know you and was messing with you cause nobody could be that ignorant.. I guess there is.. Maybe he's been a EFI tuner before you was born Gecovey lol..

Posted Using a NEXUS 7 - 2005 - HE351/A5K - ARP - Arson lll - 70HP Nozzles - Smarty UDC Custom Tuned

Haha you never know these days. Some people get locked into one product without trying all the other ones and just assume the one they've always used is the only one that works or can produce the same results. I don't understand why there are so many people that can't see the big picture in this sport.

This is no different than if somebody went around saying Texas is the number one college football program in the country and the only team worth supporting. If you're not a UT fan then you are stupid and inferior. Most of the people with this mind set have never even been to Austin, TX, much less an actual UT football game. Just like there's a ton of people out there rooting for EFI in the same manner. They've never had it on their own trucks, much less ever actually tuned with the actual software themselves.

I just wish people would grow up (sounds silly coming from someone younger than most of the people stirring up the crap). But then again people like this are the reason the whole Duramax vs. Powerstroke vs. Cummins dick swinging contest will never die either. bif

Last edited:
Back