upgraded nozzles

Tim @ P.I.S.

At what point (hp wise) are upgraded nozzles required? I know with common rail technology you can go farther with stock injectors, just curious at which point they need upgrading?

Thanks

We ran past 750rwhp with the stockers, I estimate they will top out at about 850.

I asked the same from the cr dodge guys, so my take is there really is no need for upgraded/larger cr injector nozzles then.

Any other opinions?

Tim @ P.I.S. said:
I asked the same from the cr dodge guys, so my take is there really is no need for upgraded/larger cr injector nozzles then.

Any other opinions?

The trucks with bigger injectors seem to do well.:Cheer:

Bobo said:
The trucks with bigger injectors seem to do well.:Cheer:

Have you seen a Dmax running stock injectors, then changed to big injectors make a jump in HP? So far I haven't, and can't explain why yet.

McRat said:
Have you seen a Dmax running stock injectors, then changed to big injectors make a jump in HP? So far I haven't, and can't explain why yet.
all you have to say is Buck Spruill ,his times tell you the answer to this question!!!!:rockwoot:

LArger injectors will make more power if you have a fuel system to support them. The problem with the Duramax is that the CP3, injector nozzles and turbo all run out of steam very close together so doing only one part doesn't get yoou very much. Now when you go dual CP3 bigger turbo and bigger injectors you will se very nice power increases but take the rods out of the motor quickly. So how much you looking to do?

rhilton109 said:
all you have to say is Buck Spruill ,his times tell you the answer to this question!!!!:rockwoot:

He dyno'd before and after injectors?

Ran at the track with no changes except injectors?

Or are you saying Buck's truck is fast AND it has injectors? That's a given, it's the fastest Dmax so far, Buck and Jesse worked hard and got 'er dun. :bow:

I think the question is, "What are the limits to stock injectors?"

And your answer would be "I don't know, but I know someone who runs fast with 'em!"

Not exactly technical input. We've seen a LiLLY go past 750 and an LBZ go past 800 with stock nozzles. Neither were "max effort" engines.

I'll be testing nozzles fairly and accurately in the near future.

Diesel Tech said:
LArger injectors will make more power if you have a fuel system to support them. The problem with the Duramax is that the CP3, injector nozzles and turbo all run out of steam very close together so doing only one part doesn't get yoou very much. Now when you go dual CP3 bigger turbo and bigger injectors you will se very nice power increases but take the rods out of the motor quickly. So how much you looking to do?

Weren't you the one who said stock LiLLY nozzles wouldn't go past 400?

Steve, what is the limit to stock nozzles? Gimme a number so I have another goal to set. ;)

McRat said:
Weren't you the one who said stock LiLLY nozzles wouldn't go past 400?

Steve, what is the limit to stock nozzles? Gimme a number so I have another goal to set. ;)

No Pat that was you making things up again! To first state a number are they going to be dynoed in a normal fashion or the Patty way with inflated numbers again?

Diesel Tech said:
No Pat that was you making things up again! To first state a number are they going to be dynoed in a normal fashion or the Patty way with inflated numbers again?

:shake:

I'd have dyno'd at Redline but it would have hurt your feelings, so I was excluded.

If you can't beat them, exclude them! :D

See you at the track. Cough... Cough...

McRat said:
:shake:

I'd have dyno'd at Redline but it would have hurt your feelings, so I was excluded.

If you can't beat them, exclude them! :D

See you at the track. Cough... Cough...

That's funny chit there Patty, I had nothing to do with you as a no show at Redline, that was between you and the owners at Redline Diesel Performance. You sure are good at making up stories. Last time we were at the track you refused to run us. You said you had a bad fuse and fuse holder so we brought you a new fuse and fuse holder then you made more excuses so we gave up on you.

Diesel Tech said:
That's funny chit there Patty, I had nothing to do with you as a no show at Redline, that was between you and the owners at Redline Diesel Performance. You sure are good at making up stories. Last time we were at the track you refused to run us. You said you had a bad fuse and fuse holder so we brought you a new fuse and fuse holder then you made more excuses so we gave up on you.

Whatever helps you make it through the day. Never heard of Dyno Blacklists before. Sure was convenient eh? Perhaps you are being truthful that you did not request all three of our trucks being banned from the event. Did you protest it? Did Nick? Did Doug? No. I certainly won't attend an event where trucks are banned for advertising purposes.

Out of the 3 trucks you tuned at Fontana, none of them could touch my slowest run. Exactly how was a fuse holder going to repair a melted wiring harness or allow me to run after I missed the first round of brackets? Love the revisionist history. Point is, you could not touch either the PPE truck or mine, which were the two fastest trucks there. And they were drug free on stock injectors and single chargers.

So please tell us what the limits of stock injectors are? You claim to know everything Dmax, so you must have pushed them to their limit.

When your ready to race let us know, we were there and you refuse........ end of story.

Diesel Tech said:
When your ready to race let us know, we were there and you refuse........ end of story.

Actually "they" were there. You were a spectator. ;) You'd rather blow up customer trucks rather than your own.

So how much HP can stock injectors support Steve?

mcRat,I know all about what stocks sticks will do along with stock charger.I'm still learning alot about the different combos,but I'm not just a person whos knows somebody who knows somebody I have run some pretty good times with my little set-up .oh,its quicker then you have reported I think!!!!!(11.37@119)TTS POWERED ALSO

McRat said:
Actually "they" were there. You were a spectator. ;) You'd rather blow up customer trucks rather than your own.

So how much HP can stock injectors support Steve?

More stories............. does it ever stop with you?

I was there with customers who were racing there trucks so that's a problem now. One of those trucks just happens to have one of our motors that we own in it as well. Then again you refuse to race any of them and as for your wiring you forget we brought you everything including wire and you refused. It was a 10 minute fix tops for your electric fans and you refused.

Again answer the question about what dyno numbers were going to use to rate injectors by.................. real numbers or the Patty over inflated fuzzy math ones?

That's not how it went down. I was standing there all day and you were not. I would not have accepted anything from Frank or you with all your name calling and bs, and what's up with the name calling anyways? No one has called you names. Name calling is B/S.

rhilton109 said:
mcRat,I know all about what stocks sticks will do along with stock charger.I'm still learning alot about the different combos,but I'm not just a person whos knows somebody who knows somebody I have run some pretty good times with my little set-up .oh,its quicker then you have reported I think!!!!!(11.37@119)TTS POWERED ALSO

Congrats!!

But this is a thread asking: "How much HP are the stock injectors good for?"

It is not asking for sizes of nitrous jets, who's fastest, etc, etc.

Is this a really, really hard concept for a TTS customer (or owner) to grasp?

If you want to start a topic on modified injectors and nitrous, please do.

If you want to sell internal engine parts, tuning, or nitrous systems, just sign on as a vendor. But spamming the board for TTS free advertising is wrong, especially when it has zero to do with the topic of discussion.

By the way, your truck would run quicker if you tuned it yourself. Trust me.

Diesel Tech said:
More stories............. does it ever stop with you?

I was there with customers who were racing there trucks so that's a problem now. One of those trucks just happens to have one of our motors that we own in it as well. Then again you refuse to race any of them and as for your wiring you forget we brought you everything including wire and you refused. It was a 10 minute fix tops for your electric fans and you refused.

Again answer the question about what dyno numbers were going to use to rate injectors by.................. real numbers or the Patty over inflated fuzzy math ones?

You mean your race engine with a 300shot of nitrous couldn't do better than 12's in a 5900lb truck on slicks? I will admit I'm a bit stunned.

Time to rethink your strategy I would think. Perhaps you should stick with LB7's, those LiLLY's can be hard to tune.

You are not answering the question, you are making excuses why you got clobbered. Everyone has a bad day Steve, just write it off an go on.

How far will stock injectors go Steve, on YOUR dyno, YOUR procedure? You know Tazman right?

It's not even a hard question for anyone to answer who had done the legwork.

Back