upgraded nozzles

McRat said:
Give you a head's up Steve, you can't jump into tech threads here, start a flame war, and expect the thread to be locked or deleted at your whim. They might lock threads here, but it won't be because you demand it.

:hehe: Quite on the contrary...Idle threats and demands are usually laughed at here...LOL

McRat said:
That's good to know! That way I can run air in my radiator and cool down the engine just as well!

Twice as much air stores twice as much heat. Higher pressure air transfers it's heat faster because of it.

As far as my testing "is a joke, far from the truth, everything but the truth, dreamed up, fuzzy math?"

Then post your test results that dispute them. You must be basing your opinion on something.

Give you a head's up Steve, you can't jump into tech threads here, start a flame war, and expect the thread to be locked or deleted at your whim. They might lock threads here, but it won't be because you demand it.

Heat is heat nothing more to it. If the room is 2000 deg it's 2000 degrees! Doesn't matter if the room is 1000 sq ft. or 5000 sq ft. What does matter is the surface area and since that does not change in an engine your full of it. The reason you run antifreeze or water in a radiator is because the liquid transfers more heat than air does not because the air or water is not at a different temperature. By raising the pressure in the cooling system you raise the boiling point of the liquid involved. As far as your so called testing goes you would first need to understand that you need to be able to have the same conditions before and after to compare results, then you would need to understand you need to instrument things to check with and since you have done niether of the above it's nothing more than a joke. Let's talk about your so called converter testing, it was done on 3 different days in different conditions over a 2 month period. Your track times did not change by .02 start to finish but yet you stated the converter was much better. Just running the same thing the same day you can have .02 difference at the track! Then you wanted to talk about temperature but you had no instrumentation hooked to the test vehicle to record that data let alone the conditions on the three different days over a 2 month period!
When it comes to having a thread closed that's your trick. I have never asked for that here or anywhere else but you have! You posting any tech information with no ability to apply the basic testing parameters is event more of a joke. Let see you post something with the instrumentation needed to gather the conditions that the baseline test were run in then followed by the same information for the secondard testing. Your "I ran xx at Palmdale and that should be XX at sea level" is about as good as you've done so far.
Maybe we should talk with Brandon or Clyde at Redline about how well you copy tuning as well.

Diesel Tech said:
Heat is heat nothing more to it. If the room is 2000 deg it's 2000 degrees! Doesn't matter if the room is 1000 sq ft. or 5000 sq ft. What does matter is the surface area and since that does not change in an engine your full of it. The reason you run antifreeze or water in a radiator is because the liquid transfers more heat than air does not because the air or water is not at a different temperature. By raising the pressure in the cooling system you raise the boiling point of the liquid involved. As far as your so called testing goes you would first need to understand that you need to be able to have the same conditions before and after to compare results, then you would need to understand you need to instrument things to check with and since you have done niether of the above it's nothing more than a joke. Let's talk about your so called converter testing, it was done on 3 different days in different conditions over a 2 month period. Your track times did not change by .02 start to finish but yet you stated the converter was much better. Just running the same thing the same day you can have .02 difference at the track! Then you wanted to talk about temperature but you had no instrumentation hooked to the test vehicle to record that data let alone the conditions on the three different days over a 2 month period!
When it comes to having a thread closed that's your trick. I have never asked for that here or anywhere else but you have! You posting any tech information with no ability to apply the basic testing parameters is event more of a joke. Let see you post something with the instrumentation needed to gather the conditions that the baseline test were run in then followed by the same information for the secondard testing. Your "I ran xx at Palmdale and that should be XX at sea level" is about as good as you've done so far.
Maybe we should talk with Brandon or Clyde at Redline about how well you copy tuning as well.

Still nothing on the injector subject? Pity.

I'm not interested in teaching remedial physics. Look it up.

The converter Suncoast developed based on the input from the testing works very well. Guess I couldn't have screwed that up too bad. Works better than the TTS converter.

Palmdale is our current local barometer for testing. It's known quantity, and it's open more days and is less crowded. Let me know when you get up to 120 there with any of your trucks.

As far your accusations that I steal tuning? Spare me. My tuning is my invention, and folk who run it notice it runs different than anything else out there, for better or worse, it's unique at this point. It was developed on a dynometer, not seat of the pants, for LB7/LLY/LBZ. I'm not the world's greatest tuner, but then again, neither are you.

Last edited:
I'm doing my best to remain civil. ;)

I'm waiting for TTS to provide even one ounce of data on the subject.

I don't think he has any.

Just a DUMB OHIO HILLBILLY!

First things first, I'm just a Gasser guy turned diesel guy of late. I had a 6500 lbs gas pulling truck that run 11.40's at National Trail raceway. I start into this diesel racing/truckpulling (bought a new LBZ) and start to look for people to help. I read,call,order, and talked to a lot of people. I get on the internet for help and I see McRat run 120+ at 6500 +/-. my friends takes POWER! Most people start out like me on the internet. When you see people make claims I want to see it. I have ordered the Mcrat EFI Live because i see where he has run fast. He must be OK. I see others talk about going fast. I don't see any results! I'll be ordering a turbo kit, fuel pumps, and a lot of other thing in the near future. I like to buy(learn) from someone that has done it, Not talked about it! Jeff P.S. I will be in the OBX race on the 23/24 of this month and the TS race in BG KY 12/13 next month to try and learn as much as possible from those that DO IT, NOT TALK ABOUT IT!

look forward to seeing you at the race Steve Cole will be hear and at the Mcrats have been invited so attendees can get first hand info from each..jess

Regardless of the pissing contest, this is about how much HP will stock injectors support. I know of 8 trucks on stock nozzles that have dyno'd at various facilities, both load cell and inertial that have exceeded 650 rwhp through a large area. There are most likely more than I have not heard about.

This is not to say there is no potential advantage to oversize nozzles, it's just stating what I've learned often at great expense of money and time that I'm sharing with the diesel racers.

There is no "upside" to posting data, but I do it anyways. I have injectors for sale, so this certainly ain't lining my pockets. I do not have my own chassis dyno, so it costs $125/hr to do this stuff plus missed time at work.

McRat Racing is not a "for profit" enterprise. It at best helps pay for testing stuff. When we used to do this "out of pocket", our pockets eventually went dry, so we had to form McRat Racing or quit hotrodding. We are not beholden to any sponsors, and often report information that actually hurts us.

Some see this as a threat, but in the big picture, it promotes the hobby of diesel racing, which ideally will increase the sales of shops like TTS and others.

Last edited:
good points pat, we hope to see you race day,,,,,

Well, looks like it is the same pissing matches here as everyother forum, oh well life goes on. The injectors are good for well over 700hp rwhp it is just all the other crap it takes to get there and do it RIGHT. The real question here is how do we get higher than 28k rail pressure with good volume and temp with out the cp3 or injectors falling apart on demand? If we can keep going up with the pressure the hp/tq will continue to climb. You you guys remember when it was stated that LLY injectors where only good for 400hp,HAHA that is funny. We are at 488/912 in Larry's stocker with a few mods(stock inj, turbo,cp3,motor,picktube) and if I had some free time it would be higher than that but i haven't had the time to tune it as work has been nuts lately. It will be the work class/stock truck to watch out for at the local pulls this year and the track. The truck is sharp and fast for the giant that it is. I will keep you all posted on the trucks future and the power that it produces out of a stock turbo with the stock injectors on a stock motor with the stock injection pump. Who has the highest number for this combo so far? Just looking for something to shoot for.

Here is the dyno run where I left on the tuning with Larry's LLY. I think it is pretty impressive for what little is done to it. What do you guys think? Would love some feedback.

Attachments

• larrytruck.jpg
    larrytruck.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 31
I dynoed 488/947 two years ago with a stock LLY tuning a guys truck on a dyno with EFI down in IL. Dyno numbers don't do the LLY justice. That 488hp tune ran slower than a 445hp tune on the same day at the same track by over 3mph and .25 second. Dyno number are a good tool to use for tuning. They don't mean a whole lot in the real world.

Last edited:
JOHNBOY said:
Come Steve this BS is pretty much ruining the DP. Do us a favor. Start your own forum please. Leave it out of this one. Voice your frustration there. As for Fuzzy math. Call Mat C. He has seen my truck on the dyno. He knows there is no fuzzy math in my results. I think he figured out why I was coming on so strong the second half of the season. My tune is not totally Mcrat but mostly. All his tunes are evovling works in progress. A group effort.:thankyou2:

!

Agreed! :pop:

We made 618 RWHP and 1254 torque, stock injectors, and no hidden mods other than a duramaximizer. I no longer see TTS extreme being the top dog, but PPE and EFI Live are taking center stage.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
your ets seems low for your hp settings have you gotten new times or are they older,i made about 520 and ran almost the exact same times about3 years back with m3y extreme..how do you like the ppe turbo is it laggy,do you feel like you can tow with it?

Back