VP Revo

but I REALLY want that pump. I just wan't to make sure all the bugs are worked out and see what electronics it likes the best.

im in the same boat as you...its difficult finding money for your truck when college tuition is thrown in your face every 3 months

can somebody email me whatever is needed in addition to the links that Bob put in this thread to update my smarty?? rmwoods@smu.edu thanks in advance!

I got the turbo on last nite. I've been playing with all the settings with the smarty update all evening.
ALL LEVELS With the exception of half power at an idle just reving it up...
Huge amounts of black and mostly light grey smoke.

Driving Hard gets a missfire at WOT Running with TST and NO TIMING AT ALL with the smarty.

I turned off tst and take out smarty and it runs right at WOT.

I need to try just the smarty out by itself w.o TST.

I think the smarty fuels to much on top of the monster and the sticks. and the TST fuels to much even on level 2.

Will turning up the Duration help clear more fuel or shoot more fuel in? I need LESS FUEL!!!

I have a question...I think this may have been mentioned already but I can't find the post I thought I saw it in...Plus I'd like to just simplify it for my small brain...

Are the Torque settings in the new software only for trucks that have the Torque Management?? '02 & '02 right?

The only post I have noticed with any feedback on the torque setting has an '01 (on TDR).

I have a question...I think this may have been mentioned already but I can't find the post I thought I saw it in...Plus I'd like to just simplify it for my small brain...

Are the Torque settings in the new software only for trucks that have the Torque Management?? '02 & '02 right?

The only post I have noticed with any feedback on the torque setting has an '01 (on TDR).

Supposed to be 2001/2002 only.

Duration will hold the injector open longer. So more fuel I beleive.

I have been runnin this new software for a couple of weeks. It is really hard to tell with the thin air and all but the truck doesn't seem to like more duration up here. I haven't went all the way up on timing yet, but on moderate the charger seems to light a little better(66/65/14) and the injectors are a little less smokey(Don M 5's) but will still black out most of the front range if I put my foot in it!! I don't think the torque management applies to me does it? I thought it was only trucks with automatics right?

No real surge at all with the cruise on, but I never really had that problem. No lope at all with the S.O. pump and 6 speed, no big tubes or lines though. Is anyone else running this stuff with big injectors? I know mine aren't huge but for the street I think they are big enough.

Got some more playin to do, but so far I really like it. More adjustments and doesn't seem to be as jumpy as before, which is one reason I really didn't like it. Ran around on 5 for a while, then 7 and last night kicked it up to 9 making adjustments along the way.

the duration pertains to the metering valve on the vp44 pump.

Oh. I see. Thanks Bob. So, still more fuel right? Got a few more weeks out here in Denver and then headed back to normal air. I will try some more stuff and let ya know how it is workin.

Right now i'm at sw 2 tq 0 tim 1 and D 0. Its got kina a sputter in the throttle in park. Seems to drive okay but i think its running better w.o any timing. Ill take it back off after tomorrow so i can get a good day's drive out of it.

Well after readin TONS of posts about the new Revo and the ADR I'm getting one or the other. If I go with the Smarty I'll stack it with my Drag Comp of course, but if I go with the ADR I'm going to sale my DC. Any input?

Bout $900 for both the ADR and pulse monitor last time I checked quad's website. I think the ADR alone is $700 and the pulse alone is $300.

those prices are off...got my adr shipped for $525 from a vendor on the site when they first came out. they are going for less now...

Back