VP Revo

I wish my truck liked the Smarty.:bang
I took it out today and ran just the TST and it pulled so hard and so quick i've never been more happy with it than today. Even though I'm not going to be using it I still want to keep it. Its an amazing programmer but its just not right with my setup anymore.

thinkin about sellin it for some Water Meth and using the TST still or get em both out for an Adrenaline with the Pulse. Lower EGT's VS Tons of Different tunes and features....this is a tough one.

I am currently running just the smarty, and was wondering if these new features would add more power than the old settings when the smarty is flyin solo. Or is it for better fine tuning/stacking?

would thye revo be a good stack with my setup but i have a stock vp44 and stock charger? that and something to get rid of the damn torque managemnt?

I have a question Bob. When you are running sw1 which originally had a lot of timing and then adjust the timing to 4 are we running insane amounts of timing? Or is sw1 different than it used to be? Thanks.

That's a good question. And to piggy back off that...

Where does the default timing fall in with the other timing setings?
Is it more than level four? Less than two but more than one? Some where in between? Are they similar on all SW settings?

I have a question Bob. When you are running sw1 which originally had a lot of timing and then adjust the timing to 4 are we running insane amounts of timing? Or is sw1 different than it used to be? Thanks.

i use to use sw#1 a lot, then got the update and it was horrible. i couldnt get my charger to lite for nothing.
i did mess with the setting though. tm#3 timing #2 duration #6 is what i ran on sw#1.

then switched to sw#5, tm#4, timing#3, duration #6. this was better but had hardly any smoke, i like a lil.

so i switched to tm#5, timing #2, duration #5, still on sw#5. the timing

brought the smoke back. i really like this setting, turbo seems to spool

2-300rpm sooner and clear the smoke up faster than before.

this is what i stuck with till i upgrade my tranny.

I like it alot. I run sw4 with no timing & works great. It has killer lowend.

Yeah I figured it was gonna shine down low!

Hmm I wonder how a Smarty would stack with an ADR AND having adjustability of a Pulse (Timing Advance, Can Bus Fueling, Pump Stretch Fueling and Throttle Response options).

I think that the VP44 wouldn't know what to do with all those variables thrown at it. LOL

What exactly is Pump Stretch Fueling?? Is it similar to Duration like on the Smarty?

Super Dave,
Pump stretch is when the tapped wire commands the bypass solenoid to stay closed longer which causes the VP to have a longer duration than the built in VP44 limit. The reason why all boxes that make over 65 HP have a wire tap is to manually override the VP's brain so fuel can be injected longer. The VP's brain will only let 65HP worth of extra fuel before it commands the solenoid to open and bypass the injection pressure.

Quad calls it pump stretch because you are essentially stretching the duration by holding the solenoid closed after the VP commands it to open.

The duration that smarty adds is the same solenoid but is within the VP44's program limits.

The problem with making HUGE HP on the VP is that it has an internal cam ring and once you go past the "lobe", you can push no more fuel. You can hold the solenoid closed forever but once the pump mechanism quits adding pressure to the system you quit injecting fuel and actually run the pump dry which usually results in a misfire or two and then the truck shuts off.

Anyone Running a Monster vp with the Revo? Before the revo i couldnt go above 3 w.o shutting down a good section of the interstate in soot. I got the 66 charger in the mail for wed and i can start to play with the settings, But just curious if anyone els found anything out. Theres alot of options now and fuel cost alot to be hammering on it all the time to see what happens on what levels...

I am running a monster stage 2, just loaded the revo into the smarty so i'll beable to tell after a while. I am also running a 66/14 charger and i get a lot of surge from it.....maybe the revo will help this. I'll keep you posted on my findings

I have won my last 3 pulls since loading the revo...Now I also added tires at that time too...but I can say that my last 3 pulls have felt much stronger and been much smoother.

Back