VP Revo

I think you can run any number your want. Just set the timing to stock. Maybe Bob will chime in here and let us know.

I think he was referring to this question Bob. I'd like to know also. If I were to run sw9 with timing on "default", does the Smarty add timing or does this mean no timing will be added?

if i turn my quad on 0 can i turn the timing up on the smarty to experiment or is that a bad idea?

I think he was referring to this question Bob. I'd like to know also. If I were to run sw9 with timing on "default", does the Smarty add timing or does this mean no timing will be added?

default timing is the only setting that will give you no timing on the even numbers.

choose to change the timing levels and all levels have added timing

Been running my truck on SW3, Timming #3, everything else on default. Truck runs good seems to get better mileage. Tried it tonight with the TST comp and it didn't like the timming on level 3, caused a bad surge. Returned timing to default truck ran awesome. Will have to play more with it. But will run SW3, timing 3 for a full tank to check mileage, as it seems to do real well.

default timing is the only setting that will give you no timing on the even numbers.

choose to change the timing levels and all levels have added timing

Still confused Bob, say I select SW3 with stock timing. Is the timing the same as stock even though SW3 is selected? Or for example, say I select SW 6, but have optioned for timing of 3. Would that be the same amount of timing as SW7 at timing 3?

I am thinking that one, if they wanted, could run all the options stock and still have the speed limiter and tire size enabled. Would they still have essentially a stock tune?

So far I am likely the new SW and options, good job! :cheer:

Jim

Ok, I've created the smarty folder on my desktop and now have 4 items...
-a folder that says 7-Zip
-A blue/green circle with an arrow that says 7z442
-A smarty icon that says smarty UBB
-A zip folder that says CDM_2.00.00

WTF do you do from here...I am not the most tech savy person there is, but I've dealt with my share of software and the directions I've read so far aren't very clear...can anyone provide some screen shots of the process via email???

Any idea why my truck lopes Bob? I took the smarty out of the truck and it idles fine. Only with the revo programming. I really like the tune. Fuels smooth and lights the turbo quick but that lope drives me crazy.

BigB- what injectors are you running from Don? I don't have any noticeable lope. Which is fine with me. I have tried just about every setting, I am kinda staying away from the 2 highest timing settings(no head studs on a HO) the trucks throttle response is for sure smoother and the adjustability is pretty cool.

Not sure of the exact #. They made 98 Hp on the dyno, but it wasn't exact conditions. I'm thinking they're a 90 horse.

Not sure of the exact #. They made 98 Hp on the dyno, but it wasn't exact conditions. I'm thinking they're a 90 horse.

It seems to me that the lope comes from trucks with smaller injectors. I am running Mach 5's which are 200 horse injectors. Maybe some other guys with the lope will post what they are running. I am running just the injectors no bigger tubes or connectors.

I didn't have any lope with my DD2 and the Revo for the few days I ran that combo. And I don't have any trouble with my Mach 6s now either. Just as smooth as before.

Mine doesn't lope and I'm running DD2's.

I do get a little bit of "lope" or "miss" once in a while on startup, and only two or three "lopes" or "misses" then is smooth as stock.

BTW, I have done most of my driving on SW8 and SW9 with all other settings available...I LOVE IT...The only thing that would make me happier would be to turn it to 4000RPM!!

I keep the Smarty on SW8-Torque-Default-Timing1-Duration6 and my Juice on 3x1, and this is a perfect combo for me in nearly every situation, from daily driving to towing and acting stupid racing the imports on the back roads. I get little timing rattle and smoke is very controlable. The truck is nearly perfect and I almost hate to do anything more. ALMOST!!!

Been running my truck on SW3, Timming #3, everything else on default. Truck runs good seems to get better mileage. Tried it tonight with the TST comp and it didn't like the timming on level 3, caused a bad surge. Returned timing to default truck ran awesome. Will have to play more with it. But will run SW3, timing 3 for a full tank to check mileage, as it seems to do real well.

i ve been running sw#3 and timing #4, mileage is definitely up and power feels strong. does feel like i have a lil more throttle play, not so touchy.

Back