What are the current big dyno numbers out there?

Jim Fulmer

As with everything there are rules:

1. No cheater drive line brakes (like the turbo cars use to use) to load it up, dyno loading is fine!

2. #2 only, No 4 Stages of N2O! Air to air, liquid to air and water/meth are good.......the idea is how much fuel can you burn, meaning you and the air that is available!

3. Load dyno or dyno jet, just state it, I've ran on both!

Jim

As with everything there are rules:

1. No cheater drive line brakes (like the turbo cars use to use) to load it up, dyno loading is fine!

2. #2 only, No 4 Stages of N2O! Air to air, liquid to air and water/meth are good.......the idea is how much fuel can you burn, meaning you and the air that is available!

3. Load dyno or dyno jet, just state it, I've ran on both!

Jim

Street driven towable set up or change inj., timing, then dyno and change back for the drive home.
Be specific Jim.:hehe:

Street driven towable set up or change inj., timing, then dyno and change back for the drive home.
Be specific Jim.:hehe:

Should be a big change in my eyes, I never dynoed at anything above 24 due to it being such a pig but I fought plenty of issues back then too.....most were never talked about on the net!

Jim

I googled it and came up with this post I made on the TDR the next day,....note the date! Those that don't know this is the first event I dynoed after changing from and HX-40 on top to a SPS 66, bottom was a S4T aka Big Brother! It was one of the projects Brady and I did together.

Jim Fulmer

10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys! It seems like I've been beating my head against the door and someone finally opened it........yes I know he's in charge.

Here is a short run down. I knew when I cleaned the smoke up that something odd was happening, the truck was running great or spooky depending on how you looked at it. I saw EGT's drop as well as air temps after I installed the new charger but I've been fooled before. The first runs were in street trim with no big timing and 181 DV's, the numbers were 816 on #2 and 844 with water on. I then pulled it off and swapped out DV's to .022's then back on for a #2 run of I believe 848 then water on to 873. Hopefully Wes will check these numbers for me as I don't have graph with numbers on run #4 (#2 only). The last runs Wes wanted T/Q also so they hooked it up, Max T/Q was 1423@ 3100 and max power was at 3400...........yes it's late, real late, that's the next big project.

Small issues were on the last set of runs I lost something in the water system so I'll trouble shoot that as the number should have been a little higher.

Even though it's late for spooling, when it does, it goes from 20-80 psi in just a few hundred rpm. Air intake temps were a max of 105 degrees on fuel and below that on water(it can't measure lowest temp if you start at 100).

My best #2 run prior to today was 750 with a 1.01 correction(fall of 04') so that's a 66 hp jump on fuel and the current numbers are at a .99 correction. I don't see 900 hp as being an issue to achieve with some changes but I might get humbled again.

Jim

1300 on fuel only uncorrected would be a good number Jim.

here is ericks truck doing 1126 fuel only

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Q4Mcuam7Q"]Erick Brown - YouTube[/ame]

a quad turbo, 6.4 ford just did 1258 uncorrected on fuel only today. dynojet 248.

Garrett

Look on Maryland Performance Diesel's Facebook page. They had a picture up this morning.

Look on Maryland Performance Diesel's Facebook page. They had a picture up this morning.

Just saw it. Pretty slick setup. Compound setup for each bank. Looks like a plumbing nightmare but seems it's getting the job done

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know to turn this thread in a Political version because anything to that has to do with performance is dead on here!

Jim

Sooo :nos: :woohoo: only seems fitting that the truck named baby truck would have a bottle or two.

Back