What are the current big dyno numbers out there?

Mine did 811hp 1550tq last year at Beans dyno day. Fuel only drove it 2 hours there then back home

Don't lie, took you three bottles of *nx* to get there!
Next time use 6 bottles and you'll break 1k. It's just simple math.:poke:

Jim.
Mine was running in the 1050-1080 range on a dyno jet with 24deg of timing. Daily drove and towed fine.
When I switched to the 6.7 running 22 degree of timing it dropped down to 950-980 with the same fuel and turbos.
I'm guessing it needs a bit more fuel to go with the extra displacement. That's w/13mm pump, modified 131 dv's, 7 x .013's,
and gt 4094/ gt55 twins.

Last edited:
Johnny from stainless did 931hp and 1652tq fuel only with a vp and triples on Fleece's dyno.

I've done 963 on fuel in a cr. Kinda thought it was a mediocre number nowadays.

Buddy of mine did 924 and 1802 yesterday. 04.5 common rail, twin pumps (stock cp3's),180hp industrial injectors, f1 cam and springs, bd r850 twins

This years numbers.....
-918hp/1437Tq at our Spring Dyno Rip on a DynoJet 248 in decent air.
-885hp/1561Tq today at Antrim Diesels Open House in terrible weather(rained all day and was humid).

Jim...
The runs when corrected showed more power but I could care less about correction factors and only want what the truck did that day in the particular air conditions.All of my runs this year have been made on fuel only except 2 at our Spring dyno event when we tested spraying the new combo.We are sorting out adding a harness and EFI Live conversion to my 2005 truck for better tuning.

We have a long way to go and know there are many who have done better but We will keep plugging along.BTW,Nice to see that your still around.........Andy

Jim my truck is pretty crazy makes a whopping 584 hp and 911 ftlbs LOL

We know the issues with the dyno, 584 with 1 second of spool time! Your truck has enough pump, injector and air for 850+ without N2O! That pump puts out more fuel than any of my 13 mm's, I ran a 5 x 18 injector and your turbo setup is better than mine with external gates, header ect.

Jim

These are some serious numbers and the traffic WE like to see! If anyone thinks that 800-900 is easy I say go for it, also add the $ you spent do it...... including the price of the truck!

Jim

We know the issues with the dyno, 584 with 1 second of spool time! Your truck has enough pump, injector and air for 850+ without N2O! That pump puts out more fuel than any of my 13 mm's, I ran a 5 x 18 injector and your turbo setup is better than mine with external gates, header ect.

Jim

Lol it went from 1500 rpm to 5k in about 4 seconds almost like a free rev it did sound good though LOL. I need to get this thing on a loaded dyno.

Dyno runs at dexs event. - YouTube

This years numbers.....
-918hp/1437Tq at our Spring Dyno Rip on a DynoJet 248 in decent air.
-885hp/1561Tq today at Antrim Diesels Open House in terrible weather(rained all day and was humid).

What did I say about a 30 horsepower difference in the dynos? I would like to know exactly how much of a difference the air made because your theory has a lot of merit but its odd that it held true on three different trucks. (That I know of)

mark brovaik dynod just under 900/1600 with single 72mm VGT and a 12mm cp3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ktL5KnrpU"]White Lightning does 894Hp 1590ftlbs on the 72mm VGT fuel only single pumped! - YouTube[/ame]

As with everything there are rules:

1. No cheater drive line brakes (like the turbo cars use to use) to load it up, dyno loading is fine!

2. #2 only, No 4 Stages of N2O! Air to air, liquid to air and water/meth are good.......the idea is how much fuel can you burn, meaning you and the air that is available!

3. Load dyno or dyno jet, just state it, I've ran on both!

Jim

Rip made 1431/1980 earlier this year. Most I have heard of in a while.

These are some serious numbers and the traffic WE like to see! If anyone thinks that 800-900 is easy I say go for it, also add the $ you spent do it...... including the price of the truck!

Jim

I only paid 1300 for my truck! lol I should have numbers at the end of June if everything keeps going as planned. Mid 800-low 900s is the hope but ton of work to do still.

We have hit 1267 HP / 1884 TORQUE ( Uncorrected ) FUEL ONLY ..
No nitrous , No water , No meth...
Stopped testing at that point because EGT's were getting too high....

Jim

In a cr, it's not really easy, but not really hard either anymore. It's still not cheap by any means though!

Back