which 6.0

only gas motors have dana 50's. i would put the ford drivetrain up against a dodge or a gm anyday

I have a dana 50 under my diesel. Its still strong, it has 30 spline shafts that are 1.59 diameter and neck down to 1.30 and a slightly smaller ring gear than the 02 and up 60's I think.. Still stronger In my opinion than the 94-02 dodge 60 fronts and the IFS front General Motors units.

With a few delete's here and there, the 6.0L can be a good engine. Go too new, and you have to deal with stricter emission laws.
I have an '03, and have tried umpteen sets of injectors from different vendors...every truck, GM, Dodge, and Ford all have injector issues, pending the dates. Ford's are just a PITA to change out.

I have almost 130K on mine..with an egr delete and some innovative stuff...i drive the *^&$ out of it and I have had it since it had 25K on it.....always towing or on the highway anyways....I have replaced 2 injectors and the left front rotor and caliper...thats it....and alot of tires..

get a 6.0 and call innovative diesel or elite and have them detune it down to 7.3 power and you'll never have another engine problem

get a 6.0 and call innovative diesel or elite and have them detune it down to 7.3 power and you'll never have another engine problem

hahaha thats is probably a true statement.

But in all reality the 6.0's arnt that bad you just have to fix them before they cause problems (egr, head studs) and it should be ok. we have a few 03 and 04's at work that have had injector issues and our 06 and 07 we have actually havnt given us any problems yet..may i add also these are f-350 and 450's with work bodies, id say they weigh close to 14,000 pounds and the forman drive the s*** outa them. you just have to be ahead of the engine otherwise your lookin at spending some money.

Get whatever newer Ford you like and swap for a 5.9 Cummins. Reliable up past 500 hp and it's pretty cheap to get that power out of the common rails. Leave stock and it goes 500K+. Plus you get to hang out on two forums here:Cheer:.

A dodge can be converted to lock-outs. For less than the price of an EGR delete on a 6.0. They an also be had with a manual Tcase, manual trans, and a much stouter front axle.

My advice, buy whatever 6.0 you want and start collecting cummins swap parts

This was for comic relief i hope? :lolly:

when i had convinced myself to get a 6.0. i had two phone calls today asking if i could work on two different trucks due to blown head gaskets...

I guess my biggest issue is i have a problem spending $16,000 plus on a truck that i know im going to have to pull the engine out of / pull the body off to do engine work with in the first 12 months of owning

Ford didn't go knuckle to knuckle true 60 till 2003. Before then it was lame 50 outers.

Nothing wrong with the 6.0. Put a coolant filter and maybe egr delete on it do the normal maint. and forget about it. If your gonna turn it up do studs and the egr for sure.

ok i kinda have the similar issue other then the fact i have a lot narrower reason mainly financial,but i am gonna look at 03 6.0 with 122k on the speedo. with that many miles on it would it have already gone thru these issues or is it smack dab in the middle of them.. I dont plant to turn it much if i even decide to do it at all. I realize that the motor has issues and when it goes it will get a cummins but will it last or am i buying trouble from the get go. I have been stuck on a rig and havent been able to go look at it yet. sorry to hijack the thread.

me and my dad both have 06 6.0s. my dads has 320,000 on it and he has only replaced two injectors and a radiotor (to many bugs threw it after that many miles). he had a duramax and culdnt keep injectors in it. all in all it has been a great truck. i hear all these guys talk crap on them but we have nothing bad to say about them. dont nok it til u tried it.

well i have found an 06 with around 100,000 miles on it. Checked the oasis report and nothing major (glove box latch and tailgate latch ) talked to the bank today hope to know something in the next few days

i ended up getting an 05 cc/sb lariat, picking it up with in the next week or so

Good lookin truck, but i cant help but overlook the discription says 5.4L v8, and 6sp manual. While the pics show Powerstroke and auto... weird haha

Back