which 6.0

So ya got any pics of the beast? I had alot of issues with my '06 6.0l.. But i miss it.. I have the 7.3l but lacks some compared to the 6.0l.. I'm tryin to get the funds and gonna try the Dmax for a bit

My old 01 7.3 F350 had a 50 in it and it snapped the pinion pretty easily. My 95 has a Kingpin swapped in :D The 6.0s are good once you do studs, egr delete, coolant filter, and the oil cooler. I think you paid a bit much though, when i was looking for one I found a lot for under 14k with about 120,000 miles. Just had to be willing to ship it or travel for it.

Cummins swap cost 10k, put 10k into a 6.0 and demolish a cummins.
Put 10k into a cummins or duramax and have a truck that no 6.0 will catch.

The 6.0s are good once you do studs, egr delete, coolant filter, and the oil cooler.

...and about that time the d@mn thing will crack a piston or blow an HPOP ruining an otherwise perfectly good set of injectors...

Last edited:
I think it would be cheaper for you to get a dmax and put a solid axle under it then to own a 6.0. just sayin.

The biggest difference between happy 6.0 owners and angry ones is the level of competence and integrity of their mechanic.

My buddies 6.0 just died on him. Lost oil pressure and killed the bearings, I think it has around 80k miles on it. 12 valve time :D

ive heard time and time again from my mechanic friends and tow truck friends........powerstrokes keep us in business

let alone my buddy bought an 04 6.0 with 100k on it.......drove fine for two years, now its junk - i had to pick up his 12v motor for him

we told another buddy of ours not to buy a 100k mile 6.0 for his tree business. well he did it anyways.....and ford had the cab off of it twice in the next two months after he had it lol

im sure there are a bunch of them still running around that dont have issues....but the fact is the 6.ooooooooh has the most issues out of any diesel engine ever put in a light duty

Back