Who is Big Bang Injection?

Sorry, I started getting a little sexier with it than I intended.....

I wasn't really happy with the stick and block model. lol

Crank%20and%20Piston%20Assembly.jpg

Holy $hit.....

And I thought I had too much time on my hands lol!....

Just waiting on the video to load.

Here is just the quick data export with it turning 600 RPM's

The piston velocity ranges from 0 in/sec at +/- 90*'s (straight up, straight down) to approx 150 in/sec (12.5 ft/sec) when the crank is horizontal. That's just turning 600 RPM's

Piston%20Velocity.jpg

Okay, here's what it looks like actually in motion. Keep in mind, this is just a quick throw together and not a real sophisticated model or analysis.

I really should have done it showing the pistons acceleration vs the cranks angular displacement and you can really see how fast it pulls away as the crank angle gets away from vertical.

You can obviously see the crank, rod, and piston. The outline at the top is the injector and the 143* spray pattern.

If you move that manually, or if I set it up to show interference, you can see when it's within the piston bowl, how deep it's in, and how long it's in there for.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkYywdhFGg[/ame]

Last edited:
Just for reference, I had it recording at 200 frames per second....those 6 seconds of analysis produced 1200 data points. That excel sheet is just where I cut it down to 2 rotations.

Hence, why I turn the tune down to a point that maintains rail pressure to the demanded levels. And when I say dropping rail pressure I'm talking going more than 4000 psi below the commanded pressure with full current applied to the fca.

But, if you guys want to give me a reason to get off my butt and make this bracket for the 3rd CP3, I'm fine with that. The pump is sitting here in the box.

I understood that before, thank you.
I just wanted to clarify that if your bottle neck are your pumps, bigger injection quantities will not help achieving higher HP.
But we still want to compare/prove our body mods. So if that is the case, we have to detune your setup with our injectors and test your injectors with the same tune afterwards. Everyone will understand that if more fuel is available, both will make more horsepower. But with a bottle neck somewhere else, that would be the only possibility to compare injectors.
If you are willing to put a third CP3 pump in your truck, than we will not have to worry about that. It´s your choice.

Things are looking up I'd say :)

This should be interesting.

Plz keep me posted as to the time frame / dates that you would like to come in to do this, as I will have to schedule it with my Work to be off and obviously schedule it with Garmon for the use the of his shop, dyno, test bench, etc. Rich, you too! Your schedule is busy as well so let me know as soon as you guys can get together and pick a time frame. Preferably on a Friday Saturday and or Sunday would be best for my situation.

Rich... Now start working on the 3rd pump!! lol

Thanks David.
To get a reasonable priced flight, something in two months would be realistic from the time we have everything prepared and the involved people agree in our plans.

Kudos on the professional step up to the plate that your employee seems to lack. I still see a moot point as far as this group is concerned. If you're not willing to make a larger set than "stage 4" other than for purposes of this "comparison", then that tells me I want to look elsewhere for the injectors that will give me the power I need to win.

Thank you for your input.
So far we have not seen CR trucks producing more horsepower than our Stage 4´s are able to support. We also had not many inquiries wanting more than what our Stage 4´s provide.
Our biggest movers are the smaller Stages as the demand on big injectors for 1500whp is very little.
But if there really is a market for something bigger than Stage 4´s that is big enough worth developing a nozzle for it, we will do it.

It's not like no one else does body mods...

If you think the competitors body mods are comparable to ours, we can easily do a comparison of body mod injectors from any competitor you would like to bring with you to that competition.
I can take a single Bosch stock injector with me and a BBI body mod injector. If anyone can take a body mod injector of a competitor or different body mod injectors from different competitors to our meeting, I would suggest the following procedure:
We take the same nozzle (from my point of view it can be a stock injector nozzle, or I can also take a Stage 2/3/4 nozzle with me, or we use a nozzle from Rich, it does not matter to me at all, as it is a test to compare the bodies, not the nozzles) and we put them on all of those different bodies and test them with the standard Bosch test program and compare the full load injection quantities. That way we can calculate the additional quantity compared to the stock Bosch body, and we can also compare our body mods to those you bring with you…. Whatever it is, I am all ears
I personally would love such a comparison, as it will tell the truth about all claims… OUR´s as well as the ones from our competitors

I'm just gonna leave this right here....Brian, make sure you friggin' read this.

Is this not EXACTLY what I suggested.....over a year ago. Eliminate the variables? Apples to apples? Test what is really being claimed?

Martin, I appreciate you coming in here and adding some common sense and intelligent information to this conversation. I don't have issue with you guys at all, I'm actually pretty excited to do this. I like nothing better than finding a reason to rail on this truck.

However, and I'm pretty sure we'll see a unanimous agreement here, I would highly suggest you find a new "U.S. represntative" for your product as the one you currently have is a boat anchor to your company. Brian does not have a single shred of credibility or respect from anyone here or the other forum he's been banned from. He is not, and will not, be taken at face value and unfortunately that face is what is representing your product. His conduct and actions, both here and elsewhere, is the sole reason I WOULD NOT spend my own money on your product, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that feeling. If buying your product employs a guy like Brian, it's a no sale for me....I'd just assume burn the money.

I would suggest the following procedure:
We take the same nozzle (from my point of view it can be a stock injector nozzle, or I can also take a Stage 2/3/4 nozzle with me, or we use a nozzle from Rich, it does not matter to me at all, as it is a test to compare the bodies, not the nozzles) and we put them on all of those different bodies and test them with the standard Bosch test program and compare the full load injection quantities. That way we can calculate the additional quantity compared to the stock Bosch body, and we can also compare our body mods to those you bring with you…. Whatever it is, I am all ears
I personally would love such a comparison, as it will tell the truth about all claims… OUR´s as well as the ones from our competitors

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave this right here....Brian, make sure you friggin' read this.

Is this not EXACTLY what I suggested.....over a year ago. Eliminate the variables? Apples to apples? Test what is really being claimed?

Martin, I appreciate you coming in here and adding some common sense and intelligent information to this conversation. I don't have issue with you guys at all, I'm actually pretty excited to do this. I like nothing better than finding a reason to rail on this truck.

However, and I'm pretty sure we'll see a unanimous agreement here, I would highly suggest you find a new "U.S. represntative" for your product as the one you currently have is a boat anchor to your company. Brian does not have a single shred of credibility or respect from anyone here or the other forum he's been banned from. He is not, and will not, be taken at face value and unfortunately that face is what is representing your product. His conduct and actions, both here and elsewhere, is the sole reason I WOULD NOT spend my own money on your product, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that feeling. If buying your product employs a guy like Brian, it's a no sale for me....I'd just assume burn the money.

I was going to say, Martin is like a breath of fresh air when it comes to this topic so far. Glad he can have a normal discussion with you guys.

It's unfortunate others have poisoned the image, of what seems to be a reasonable group.

Last edited:
I've got a little time to kill before I head over and start measuring for the bracket for the 3rd pump, so I'm gonna see if I can make that simulation a little more realistic....

Piston%202.jpg

Okay, now we've got the rotation and alignments set, I just need to add the motor and build an injector setup and we'll be good.

Crank%20and%20Piston%202a%20Assembly.jpg

Back