Who is Big Bang Injection?

Probably won't get much more than this done today.....

0304%20CR%20Piston%20outline.jpg

Here's the rendered model. This is just for the top of the piston but it will at least give an accurate model to use.

0304%20CR%20Piston%20Crown%20Preview.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a target area around that re-entrant ridge that you want to hit with start of injection to help promote the re-entrant airflow? I guess the dyno tells the real story there.

Do you think that re-entrant piston design has more power potential then the wide open bowl?

Okay, here is what I'm going to try and do....(I do have other things I ACTUALLY need to accomplish).

I'm going to try and do one part of this each day. Here is an example of how I'm trying to set this up. This is just calculations for your airflow where all you have to enter are some VERY basic parameters....your engine displacement, head efficiency (if you know it), how much boost you're making, your altitude, and the temperature.

All you'll have to do is enter the values in BOLD RED. DO NOT mess with any other cell, there are a ton of embedded formulas and you WILL screw it up.

I'll post these as actual files later once I'm happy with them, but here is what you'll be looking at.

This one is for your airflow.....

Airflow%20Calculations_zpslwkq6zkf.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably make this a new thread, as I'm not really into providing free advertising for this one....considering the OP did nothing but manage to get himself raked over the coals calling everyone stupid, fools, and saying we wouldn't understand.

Careful who you pick fights with when you're the weakest link.

Last edited:
Rich,
We were discussing internally about our planned comparison. We have come to the decision, that we want to come back to the comparison as you suggested it. To swap your nozzles onto our bodies. Remove as many variables as possible. This will allow no discussion as to differences in nozzles. The only thing changed will be the bodies. We want to prove the effectiveness our injector body modifications. This is the best, most definable route to take.

With that procedure we will have much less parameters that are unknown. (nozzle flow, spray angle, amount of nozzle holes, nozzle hole conicity, nozzle hole surface , degree of nozzle hole inlet rounding, geometry of the nozzle sac hole, opening pressure of the nozzles, tightening diameter,…….)

So if you agree that will be the first step of our “competition”

If you want to, we can keep the other points the same

- You can try our Stage 4´s if you want to.

- We can compare different body modified injectors with the same nozzle, if someone wants to bring any to that event.

I have seen all your “simulation” efforts….

If you need any input from the injector side, please let me know.

Especially the delay times from that Maktest stands and all other aftermarket test stands are not the delay times from energizing to injecting fuel, they are just measuring the duration that is needed to get a measurable injection quantity out of the injector.

You can have a look on their measurement equipment, they are injecting fuel into a line which is getting the quantity to a continuous quantity measurement tool. They are not measuring the quantity right out of the nozzle, which is necessary to measure hydraulic delay times.

Martin,

That sounds like a completely reasonable plan.

I want to make sure we can full push each setup so I want get this bracket and controller done for the 3rd pump.

Just give me an approximate date or time frame that would be good for you as you certainly have the most traveling to do and we'll work around that.

Rich and David,

I would like to come to the US at the beginning or middle of June… as this is hopefully a timeframe for you to be able to prepare everything needed from your side and I should be able to get a good deal on the flight as well.
Who does take care about the availability of everything else as soon as I have arranged a flight, like the dyno, an injector shop to swap nozzles in a proper way and so on? I think we should also make it possible for other members of the forum to join us if they want to and as I said I would appreciate to have a volunteer for a more common comparison with a set of our Stage 1´s.
We already have the injectors ready I will take with me.

Let me know if you are fine with that, and I will secure a flight and we can finally arrange everything.

Thanks,
Martin

Rich and David,

I would like to come to the US at the beginning or middle of June… as this is hopefully a timeframe for you to be able to prepare everything needed from your side and I should be able to get a good deal on the flight as well.

Who does take care about the availability of everything else as soon as I have arranged a flight, like the dyno, an injector shop to swap nozzles in a proper way and so on? I think we should also make it possible for other members of the forum to join us if they want to and as I said I would appreciate to have a volunteer for a more common comparison with a set of our Stage 1´s.

Let me know if you are fine with that, and I will secure a flight and we can finally arrange everything.

Thanks,

Martin

I would be interested in the stage one test. I think my truck would be for this test.

Martin,

Sorry, I've been swamped this week....

Here is my suggestion. DO NOT open it up to all comers, that turns testing things into a goat rope. The people that need to be there are the people actually involved and MAYBE a few observers. Otherwise it's like trying to work on your stuff in the pits at the track when you have 1000 people who all think they know exactly what you need to do.

I would HIGHLY recommend limiting the audience to those involved and those who have legitimate input.....everybody else can sit in the stands.

I haven't had time to even get in the shop and start measuring for the 3rd pump bracket yet and probably won't until at least next weekend. Let's not start locking in a date and buying tickets until I have this thing at 100%. I don't want anyone wasting time and money without everything be ready to go. Once I have the truck set, I'm gonna lock it in the shop so I don't break anything until then.

If you want to test other sets and bring a few other folks that would be fine as there will be some dead time on the dyno between swapping / testing injectors.

Having a big audience when you're testing and tuning is a PITA.

Rich and David,

Thanks,
Martin

June would work, minus how hot and humid it'll be...lol I hate the humidity.

Garmon will have the final say so for his Shop, Dyno, Injector room, etc. during that time frame. I don't expect him to have an issue with it at all.

I'll let you and Rich decide on the "all comers" and details of attendees. I hope to be there and will need advance notice to put in for the time off, if it's not already on one of my scheduled days off.

:Cheer:

Rich, David,

You are right, we sure do not want to have too much audience, as it will clearly slow things down.
So I agree we have to limit it to a handful of people.

We clearly have to clarify everything with the shop before I book a flight.

So as soon as you show me a green light for a two month time frame to be ready, I will catch a flight.

Rich, do you know if you do have old or new style bodies? We prepared now new style bodies with the small thrust member (puck) down at the nozzle.
But if you have old style bodies, we have to use a different set of injectors, as the old style nozzles don´t fit the new style bodies.

@ 02Dodge2500HO
If you want to drive down to Garmons and want to try BBI 1´s, you are very welcome, as long as you report afterwards your true observations.

How's it lookin fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we're just in a holding pattern waiting for Rich to have time to mount the 3rd cp3 and for BBI to get closer to June for their availability to fly over.

Back