Who's dyno tested their 12v vgt combo?

What trucks have the "beastly 64's"?

As said, its the newer trucks with the "smaller" engines in them. The higher horsepower ISL10's and ISM11's use the bigger 451's, the ISX15 is where you find the 551's.

It will be feast or famine on the dyno next sunday. IF we get it going. Just have to plumb the oil and water lines!

2010-10-30171341.jpg

I have a 215 with stock everything and a ground fuel plate and 22 degrees. Otiming and is right at 350 hp... i have heard dv can offer up 50 hp on stock sticks... doon't leave out a cam option... that's a cheap 90 hp and you already got the springs i guarantee that puts you above your 400 mark... i also live in northeast ohio... starting is a little different but it goes no problem and even lopes a little ;)

What size would an he431ve be? Found one on ebay off a volvo.
Also found a new he551 for 1300 with electronics, good deal?

Last edited:
I have a 215 with stock everything and a ground fuel plate and 22 degrees. Otiming and is right at 350 hp... i have heard dv can offer up 50 hp on stock sticks... doon't leave out a cam option... that's a cheap 90 hp and you already got the springs i guarantee that puts you above your 400 mark... i also live in northeast ohio... starting is a little different but it goes no problem and even lopes a little ;)

A cam will not get you 90hp, its not exactly cheap, and its definitely not needed for 400hp. My truck at 24* timing starting in 35* weather not plugged in is very pissy and unpleasant.

So.. WHo offers this VGT setup? I guess I'm behind on the new turbo setups!!

What kind of $$$ does this cost?

HE551V...non-electronic version;)

It's already laid down 551/1083 on my old truck...hoping they can do better with it!

Chris

What size would an he431ve be? Found one on ebay off a volvo.
Also found a new he551 for 1300 with electronics, good deal?

Check out my thread on the 451 info for more about that 431... It mostly depends on how big the engine was and what it's hp rating was. If it's the volvo charger I'm thinking of that's $1k brand new I'd jump on it, that is the 64/67 version that put down a CLEAN 650+ rwhp on a 6.7 in the Diesel Power Mag article. I've been looking for a used one to be more in my current budget, but at this rate I'll have saved up for a new one...

Crap... wrong forum I'll have to link the 451 thread, the one I have here would take weeks to find that info LOL HE451V Info - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Last edited:
HE551V...non-electronic version;)

It's already laid down 551/1083 on my old truck...hoping they can do better with it!

Chris

Is that your old charger Chris? I thought you had a slightly different set up... I could be wrong though.

Check out my thread on the 451 info for more about that 431... It mostly depends on how big the engine was and what it's hp rating was. If it's the volvo charger I'm thinking of that's $1k brand new I'd jump on it, that is the 64/67 version that put down a CLEAN 650+ rwhp on a 6.7 in the Diesel Power Mag article. I've been looking for a used one to be more in my current budget, but at this rate I'll have saved up for a new one...

Crap... wrong forum I'll have to link the 451 thread, the one I have here would take weeks to find that info LOL HE451V Info - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Yes sir thats the one, brand new for $1k on ebay. If I needed a good street driven charger I would consider it, but twins are going back in.

Back