Why so many 3.0 trucks for sale?

Tedrow's new engine is done and he will be out next year. I was just at his house last weekend. I know Gearhart is building a 3.0 as well.

Tedrow's new engine is done and he will be out next year. I was just at his house last weekend. I know Gearhart is building a 3.0 as well.

justins truck is going to be pretty neat to see as a 3.0 imo.. I saw him post parts forsale on fb and I could only guess he was going 3.0, doubted he would go back a step to 2.5.LOL. best of luck to him and his build. thanks for clarifying this.

I'll just say that I have a pile of parts but I'm still undecided on 3.0 because of local numbers. I probably won't be changing classes for next year and see what plays out.

Too much traveling to compete in 3.0!

That does seem to be the biggest problem. To chase the points for PPL 3.0 is getting pretty wild how much time these guys are spending traveling. Most guys are on the road three days a week for just one Saturday night pull seems like.

That does seem to be the biggest problem. To chase the points for PPL 3.0 is getting pretty wild how much time these guys are spending traveling. Most guys are on the road three days a week for just one Saturday night pull seems like.

I hear some guys are getting a little burnt out on it too. It'll be interesting to see how many trucks commit to running the whole PPL schedule after a few hooks next year

I hear some guys are getting a little burnt out on it too. It'll be interesting to see how many trucks commit to running the whole PPL schedule after a few hooks next year

I've heard the same also. Your right it's going to be interesting. I can't imagine driving 400+ miles every weekend just to make a points hook. That would take the fun out of it for me. We made close to 40 hooks this year with almost 30 of them being points hooks. We didn't have a single points hook that was farther than a two hour drive for us and still at the end of the year we we're all just ready for it to be over.

I believe Evan Davis has a 3.0 plan but not sure if it'll be done for 2015 or not.

Not. He's gonna update his 2.5 truck so he can stay in front of you next year. LOL

Lol dammitt. Weather he's driving that hog or someone else is, I'm sure it'll be hooking. I got some plans to modify my relatively stock long block to hopefully get me where I need to be. If it doesn't work I'll be going with a second gen chassis.

Chris webbs live load is up for grabs also.

Seems many are gettin out..

What i would do for Alan kirscht's 1BadRam...
Mainly cause it's black.. ��

Jump on Alan's 1BadRam Clint, then there maybe a good chance that I may do good in 2.6 in COTPC lol. DCTPA is going to change there rules again this year sounds like so I guess I will be making more COTPC pulls

I seen it this past Sunday on MavTV. What a great running truck! Who put that together Takedown?

Back