Why so many 3.0 trucks for sale?

Two great trucks for sure. I hope you hang on to them. I was gonna sell mine, but I just can't part with it....hope to pass it on to my son soon, as he enters the working world, LOL

Just found Deeter's 3.0 truck on the ole RacingJunk today. I really think there's more for sale than aren't right now.

Most things are for sale if you ask. Doesn't really mean they are going to sell.

Most things are for sale if you ask. Doesn't really mean they are going to sell.

I think what he is getting at is they are advertised for sale.

I do agree, nearly everything I have I would sell for the right price!

Not for sale but I see that Haisley ' s Off Constantly" will be pulling in the super stock class all summer according to their Facebook. Can we assume that the Cummins Killer might be super stock also with the recent unlimited single testing?

We got a couple guys around my area building 3.0 trucks or stepping up to the 3.0 class. Not sure who's all actually gonna get them done and be out in 15.. I would say its not a dying class, guys are just taking breaks or for two guys getting out of it ones getting into it. Just my two cents

The big frame chargers killed our class numbers imo. Hard to get new trucks in the class to replace the few the fall out overtime like happens with every sport. it eliminates the guys on a budget when you gotta spend 10k in a cummins block to get it to live at the hp level to be competitive. now going aftermarket heads, and etc... where does it end? hell i'd sell mine if i had a decent offer with the outlook of the class. hx60 days don't seem to bad now at least for those of us on a budget. even some of the guys that weren't on a budget a few years ago might be on a budget now with $3 corn

Last edited:
Not for sale but I see that Haisley ' s Off Constantly" will be pulling in the super stock class all summer according to their Facebook. Can we assume that the Cummins Killer might be super stock also with the recent unlimited single testing?

Question I've had for while about the 3.0 guys running in the SS class off and on throughout a summer, like Curt and Scheid's truck. What all are they switching to be able to be so competitive?

I can't say for sure since I don't have one, but I remember an interview with one of them and they were changing the pump for a Sigma, and had some kind of easy switch turbo setup. Doubt its that easy now on the turbo end, but that and tires would cover it I should think since they already have the driveline

The big frame chargers killed our class numbers imo. Hard to get new trucks in the class to replace the few the fall out overtime like happens with every sport. it eliminates the guys on a budget when you gotta spend 10k in a cummins block to get it to live at the hp level to be competitive. now going aftermarket heads, and etc... where does it end? hell i'd sell mine if i had a decent offer with the outlook of the class. hx60 days don't seem to bad now at least for those of us on a budget. even some of the guys that weren't on a budget a few years ago might be on a budget now with $3 corn

Good thing my hemispherical heads are almost done:poke::poke:

Question I've had for while about the 3.0 guys running in the SS class off and on throughout a summer, like Curt and Scheid's truck. What all are they switching to be able to be so competitive?

Doesn't take them a whole lot to switch. Strap a sigma on, twins, timing change and probably injectors. Just and afternoon of work for guys like them.

Doesn't take them a whole lot to switch. Strap a sigma on, twins, timing change and probably injectors. Just and afternoon of work for guys like them.

I don't know everybody's power numbers but the other thing is 3.0 power is north of 1800hp and some are probably closer to 2000hp. They are having to come off the line a lot slower than before if you don't want to blow the tires off.

You look at SS strucks that are 2500+ and they have to wait until half track to pour on the power.

You put a set of cut tires on a good 3.0 truck and come out of the gate hot you're going to be in the mix without changing much else I would think.

You put a set of cut tires on a good 3.0 truck and come out of the gate hot you're going to be in the mix without changing much else I would think.

This is what i was leaning towards but didnt know how off base i was.

Back